People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
All I figure, is that as long as we can realise that its manufactured, we're good. How long can this Guy Sebastion last, really?

Will he be dependant on those to write songs for him?

Not going to last.

If he writes his own music because he's a music teacher or whatever you Guy supporters are talking about, trust me, a music teacher would stray from three chorded songs if he had any imput.

I prefer classical music to be "unmarketable" to 11-25 year olds, personally? Although people are forgetting, which is starting to annoy the FUCK out of me, is that classical music is "marketable" when it comes to films or concerts. It's just different areas. I prefer that classical music stays where it is, and not dominating the mainstream.

ThePix

Phanatical said:
It is an insult to musicians past and present. Countless generations in countless societies have contributed beautiful music to the world. Puccini, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert. And we contribute this travesty, this Disgrace.
u forgot about Good Charlotte and Simple Plan? :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guess what? It's a TV show for godsakes, people watch it for entertainment, and if they dont like it, they don't watch it. Some people seem really bitter and pissed off at Australian Idol, but seriously, get over it - people are out there to make money, and you're busy whining that "they suck!" Well, I'm afraid they'll be rich and famous, and you'll be a whinger. So what if they dont have talent or whatever? There's not much talent in mainstream music, thats why it is mainstream! If you argue that classical music isn't recognised etc, won't you just be as bad as the idols if you do go mainstream?

Australian Idol is just a tv show, people need to stop stressing about it like its the third reich

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Minai said:
Hey guess what? It's a TV show for godsakes, people watch it for entertainment, and if they dont like it, they don't watch it. Some people seem really bitter and pissed off at Australian Idol, but seriously, get over it - people are out there to make money, and you're busy whining that "they suck!" Well, I'm afraid they'll be rich and famous, and you'll be a whinger. So what if they dont have talent or whatever? There's not much talent in mainstream music, thats why it is mainstream! If you argue that classical music isn't recognised etc, won't you just be as bad as the idols if you do go mainstream?

Australian Idol is just a tv show, people need to stop stressing about it like its the third reich

finally someone acknowledges the fact that classical music has its own place compared to mainstream!!!

*kisses minai and runs away*

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Third Reich. Australian Idol is destroying the minds of the people. It's worse than anything the Third Reich did. Hell, it's worse than even what the Kuomintang did.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Worst exaggeration I've seen in while. Also, the fact that you're trying to weave historical fact into your argument is pathetic.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Hardly an exaggeration. While the Third Reich and the Kuomintang promoted physical violence, Australian Idol and other such rubbish continues to rot away the minds of the people. Our collective intelligence as a society is FAR less than what it would be without such heinous displays of mediocrity and masochism.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
Talent can overcome hottness anyday. Look at Casey.
She only got through because Mark was influencing the vote by giving her undeserved touchdowns every other week :rolleyes:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
Its sad because hotness or at least coolness (and society doesnt think overweight people, or those who are 16 and are very much overweight are very cool or sexy) needs to be there in order for people to buy her music.

Its sad in that a 16 year old is going to be put through the music industry. Shes so young SHES 16!

All those who voted for her need to get out there and buy her music, otherwise she will flounder and die at such a young age.

------------------------

I also know im going to get slammed but she is massively overweight at the age of 16. She NEEDS to loose weight. Her body shape and i assume lack of physical health is indicative of the overweight, infit and unhealthy nature of society that has become to taboo to mention.
no, she won't flouder and die because she is 16 and can aways go do something else if this doesn't work out.

Nah, new genetic medicines will cure overweightness in the future

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes the people who voted for her should be prepared to buy her music

a lot of people voted her for the sake of not voting anthony
she deserved it as much as him, just people have to buy her cds.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
I actually agree. We could all march into Canberra with our BoredOfStudies.org t-shirts on and take over parliament.
Damn right

and the HC judges can exercise their supra-constitutional jurisdiction and declare the Constitution invalid muawhahaha

however we may have to bring weapons, and possibly instruments of torture

K

katie_tully

people who are going to spend their life bitching about australian idol need to die.

Lorie

HSC
iambored said:
yes the people who voted for her should be prepared to buy her music

a lot of people voted her for the sake of not voting anthony
she deserved it as much as him, just people have to buy her cds.

the people who voted, watched and bought Idol crap should be stabbed with rusty forks. I hoped those stupid people who voted get RSI in their fingers and brain cancer from their phones. Maybe then they will realise how they have become silly little pawns in the currupt music industry.

I say we bring in Frenzal Rhombs version of Australian Fuckwit, it wouldn't be 2 much different except for the whole sellout thing.

You see all the people in the crowd cheering and crying about who won, but there is also some fat cat record owner licking his lips about all the future sales they are gonna get.

Come on people wake up and smell the BO that is coming from this stupid show, and the fact that it is all about gaining profits, rather than finding talent.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
Has anyone noticed that most of Australia's music scene is either manufactuers or gotten a singing career through television.
*coughs*

Superjesus
Grinspoon
Missy Higgins
Frenzal Rhomb
Maeder
Killing Heidi
Jet
The Vines
Kasey Chambers
1200 Techniques
Cat Empire
Jerk
Magic Dirt
Butterfly Effect
ACDC
Powderfinger
Spiderbait
Tina Arena
Pete Murray
Gyroscope
The Dissociatives/Silverchair
The Whitlams
Motorace (I love these guys)
John Butler Trio
One Dollar Short
28 Days
The Spazzys
67 Special
The Fauves
The Living End
The Hoodoo Gurus
Jebediah
Art Of Fighting
Midnight Oil
INXS
Cold Chisel
Savage Garden
Yothu Yindi
Christina Anu
Mental as Anything
Real Life
Nick Cave
Regurgitator
Screaming Jets
The Beautiful Girls
The Wiggles (thanx argonaut!)

(wait I'll be editing this post, just you frikin wait) :p

Last edited:

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
Phanatical said:
Seriously, Australian Idol (and the entire Pop music scene) is a disgrace to humanity.
excuese me.....but when daniel san "you Raise me up" (previously sung by Josh Groban) , I didn't think it was pop music. also, anthony sang "the Prayer" which is an incredible operatic duet that requires immense talent to sing. By the way, my IQ is 120. I watch australian idol, and i think the talent on Aussie Idol this year, was alsolutely incredible.

No i don't watch pop stars.....and i hate pop music. But i loved watching casey and Hayley, sing songs by "george" and the way chanelle brought songs from the 40's back into fashion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)