People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical, Art music? And a capital "A"?

I agree it makes it harder, but I like the challenge... you're right but you're not really realistic. In a utopian society sure. I hate the way you say "Art" music because for me its like you're suggesting that only canonical music should be recognised, and that anything remotely to do with popular culture is crap. It's the postmodern era now.

You're right about the market and everything, but I still think you're looking at the wrong market and you're also unrealistic.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Just for the record (for those who may not have noticed), this is the political and current affairs forum... Rants (within reason) are to be expected, and there is no place here for those who believe that the ranter should take it elsewhere.
So, thank you for reading this, and have a nice day.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Phanatical, Art music? And a capital "A"?

I agree it makes it harder, but I like the challenge... you're right but you're not really realistic. In a utopian society sure. I hate the way you say "Art" music because for me its like you're suggesting that only canonical music should be recognised, and that anything remotely to do with popular culture is crap. It's the postmodern era now.

You're right about the market and everything, but I still think you're looking at the wrong market and you're also unrealistic.
Music as a whole can generally be divided into two sections - Art music, and Popular music. Within Popular music is Pop music, and within Art music is obviously the stuff we do at Conservatoriums. Certainly, much of what could be described as pop music would also fall under Art music, as it should be, but I think that Art music should also be able to fall under Popular music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)