People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Seriously, Australian Idol (and the entire Pop music scene) is a disgrace to humanity. It is an abomination, a cesspool of stupidity and mediocrity, and degrades us All as people.

It is an insult to musicians past and present. Countless generations in countless societies have contributed beautiful music to the world. Puccini, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert. And we contribute this travesty, this Disgrace.

It's even worse when collections of Australian Idol fans congregate. I had the misfortune of being in the presence of one of these congregations earlier this year. The stupidity was so thick in the air, I could feel my IQ points draining away in the mass of Stupid that surrounded me.

WE MUST DESTROY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The entertainment forum is that way *points*

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The fact is that people don't Know what they like. They get TOLD what they like, by magazines and television, and they're so STUPID that they actually think they're thinking for themselves.

Australian Idol is rotting the minds of our youth.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
neo_o said:
The entertainment forum is that way *points*
Ironically, this thread isn't entertaining.

*shrugs*

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Untalented gits? they passed an audition to get to that stage! They actually saw a judge, who said they could progress through to the next round, just to embarrass themselves.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I think someone one can't sing and is taking it out on the Idols...who are crap by the way.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I happen to be quite an accomplished Classical singer. I even used to teach singing, I was even Conductor of a Choir, and now I study music at Uni.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Shit...I should have looked at your signature first. I'm still not taking back what I said though. Iron Chef Thorrnydevil never backs down.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The fair netizens of BOS ought to stage a coup de'tat and take over Australia. We'd clearly make the best rulers ever :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Shit...I should have looked at your signature first. I'm still not taking back what I said though. Iron Chef Thorrnydevil never backs down.
One of my ambitions in life is to become an Iron Chef, or at least to challenge an Iron Chef, and win.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
The fair netizens of BOS ought to stage a coup de'tat and take over Australia. We'd clearly make the best rulers ever :p
I actually agree. We could all march into Canberra with our BoredOfStudies.org t-shirts on and take over parliament.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
One of my ambitions in life is to become an Iron Chef, or at least to challenge an Iron Chef, and win.
You can't beat an Iron Chef. They are unbeatable.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Iron Chef Flay don't look that unbeatable to me. Though he did beat Iron Chef French Sakai, but I argue that was because of dubious judging.

spell check

HSC
i don't see how they can justify having more than one series

if they found the australian "Idol" who is the best in the country the first time, how can there be another series

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Iron Chef Flay don't look that unbeatable to me. Though he did beat Iron Chef French Sakai, but I argue that was because of dubious judging.
Bull crap. The judges are instant cuisine masters as soon as they enter the Iron Chef dojo. A Iron Chef is SUPREME! And no, you couldn't beat an Iron Chef.

lengstar

HSC
I'm watching Idol... Casey has a strong voice and Anthony is pretty good. Lets see you do better. Sure the majority of viewers wouldn't have the intellect to fill a egg cup but they did survive this long in a democratic process.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
spell check said:
i don't see how they can justify having more than one series

if they found the australian "Idol" who is the best in the country the first time, how can there be another series
We have moved on from Australian Idol now, the topic is now Iron Chef.

Generator

HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
I'm watching Idol... Casey has a strong voice and Anthony is pretty good. Lets see you do better. Sure the majority of viewers wouldn't have the intellect to fill a egg cup but they did survive this long in a democratic process.
True. Pre-selected through a (largely) closed audition process and then put up for election in stages rather than in general.

Anyway, it isn't a case of doing better. We should not be rewarding karaoke champions who are unwilling to to admit that that is what they truly are. Sure, they may well become an artist in time, but at the moment they are hardly artists clawing their way to the 'top'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)