People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The only one with a semblance of talent was Daniel, and only because he could actually hold a note. Still wasn't that good, but he did pass the audition to become a vocal minor at the Con.

There is a lot of discrimination against Classical singers on Australian Idol. If you can sing an aria, then you can't go onto the show. Believe me, I've tried. "Too Classical" (and too ugly!)

As for Iron Chef Flay, he's good, but he's nowhere as good as the other Iron Chefs. He'll get better though.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
The only one with a semblance of talent was Daniel, and only because he could actually hold a note. Still wasn't that good, but he did pass the audition to become a vocal minor at the Con.

There is a lot of discrimination against Classical singers on Australian Idol. If you can sing an aria, then you can't go onto the show. Believe me, I've tried. "Too Classical" (and too ugly!)

As for Iron Chef Flay, he's good, but he's nowhere as good as the other Iron Chefs. He'll get better though.
They're continuely growing. They are all good, and one will someday concur the world. I'm talking about the Iron Chefs here by the way.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Hmmm,

THats not politics matey,

but, the show is part of entertainment, and people choose to watch TV in this country. If they don't like to watch it because they get to emotional about it, then just fucken watch something else.

YES,
it's true that the judges are somewhat crude in their critisizm towards the artists, but muscians must understand that criticism is the only thing that helps them improve. Besides that, they must know b4 hand that to become Something from nothing, it's not piss easy. They have to take shit like that otherwise any idiot can become australian idol

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
VanCarBus said:
Hmmm,

but, the show is part of entertainment, and people choose to watch TV in this country. If they don't like to watch it because they get to emotional about it, then just fucken watch something else.

YES,
it's true that the judges are somewhat crude in their critisizm towards the artists, but muscians must understand that criticism is the only thing that helps them improve. Besides that, they must know b4 hand that to become Something from nothing, it's not piss easy. They have to take shit like that otherwise any idiot can become australian idol
Iron Chefs are artists.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
VanCarBus said:
Hmmm,

YES,
I'm a lot more critical of my students and of people I work with, than they are of anybody on Idol. I'm just saying that they reward mediocre performances, and give no respect to Classical musicians. If the best singer in the Opera department went to audition, they wouldn't even get through to the televised audition.

Lorie

HSC
Argonaut said:
Meh, the people who win Australian Idle, Poptarts and their real-life counterparts run the music industry because they won some stupid competition and all the twelve-year-old groupies who like it vote for them in the ARIA Charts and so they go straight to Number One and cheat the talented performers out of what they deserve.

I admit, I watched the qualifying rounds of American Idol III (how do you justify THREE series?!) purely to see them put the untalented arrogant gits in their place. But the competition should go no further than that.

Dude the aria charts aren't determined by the people who vote for the music or in fact buy the music, they are determined by the record companies. A record/single can go gold without a single person ever buying the CD as it is determined by the amount that the distribtors put out to the stores. Normally a bulk of these cds are sent back but are still counted in the charts making them higher in the ARIA ratings. This in fact makes the Austrlian idol thing an instant number 1, not because of the talent or in fact populartly, it's becuase the record companies are behind this stupid show.

It is all brought together by the record companies for the sole purpose of profit and record sales, not to bring out new talent. It is all a scam to the stupid sellouts who sms their votes, that goes to telstra, watch the show, that boosts rating and ads to channel 10, buy the cds, profits to the record companies, buy the merchandise becuase that goes to the companies behind it. So as you can see these dumb contestants are just pupets in many companies quest for profits, and the people buying into this crap are worse again.

ok, now i've had a rant, where can i get some tang.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
it's sad how everything depends on this voting stuff,
but thats the way it is,

if people want to go sell their classical music but NO one likes it that much, then theres no way they'll attract crowds

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
About Australian Idol again.

The thing about this system is that the person who wins majority vote wins. That's the problem.

Why?

Because if someone entered with a different and interesting personality, along with talent, it would definatley spark some haters and initial criticism, leaving no room for anything NEW (or as close as you can get to new) in the australian music industry. That's why it leaves a bland, boring Guy Sebastion in the end. Sure he's won the majority, but it's because we are USE TO his kind of music and style through other artists.

That's my theory

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Hah, new talent? If they wanted to find talent, they'd park a television van outside the Sydney Conservatorium, and just asked any random person to perform them something.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
So, Casey won ey.

This is going to do a fair bit for feminism and youngsters around the country.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Oh fuck, I hate the feminists. I'm not against feminism, but a lot of these feminists themselves annoy me.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Hah, new talent? If they wanted to find talent, they'd park a television van outside the Sydney Conservatorium, and just asked any random person to perform them something.

Unfortunatley, that music is not either mainstream, based on four chords lol, and have sex written all over it... Though I much prefer the con to provide music that's not any of that shit.

Which is why I must agree that mainstream music is usually (USUALLY) shit in general. So not just Guy. Bahahaha

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I know, one day there was this feminazi on Sunrise. Fuck she was an idiot...I wanted to go into the TV and strangle the bitch.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
About Australian Idol again.

The thing about this system is that the person who wins majority vote wins. That's the problem.

Why?

Because if someone entered with a different and interesting personality, along with talent, it would definatley spark some haters and initial criticism, leaving no room for anything NEW (or as close as you can get to new) in the australian music industry. That's why it leaves a bland, boring Guy Sebastion in the end. Sure he's won the majority, but it's because we are USE TO his kind of music and style through other artists.

That's my theory
haha, ironic because the markedly less generic of the final two just won :D

btw, phanatical, the 'feminists' you're talking about aren't really feminists and you don't know shit about what feminism is.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Its really sad...Shes much to young to be put through the industry.

Not to mention that she is massively overweight and the fact is good looking people generally sell more records. I expect all those who voted for her to buy her album....
She'll have a heart attack by the time she is 30.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I know, one day there was this feminazi on Sunrise. Fuck she was an idiot...I wanted to go into the TV and strangle the bitch.
I ran against a team of feminazis for USYD SRC elections. They are the most evil people ever.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hmm, well considering that there are different types of feminism...

The one I go by is the belief that females are equal to males...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)