People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Well, they may have contributed alot to music. But do they sell records these days? It is talent to be able to make people buy things. As much as you hate it, I think they are doing a pretty good job.
"Talent" doesn't make people buy records. The media telling people what they like sells records. People don't think for themselves, they get TOLD what they like, and they're so stupid that they'll actually think they're thinking for themselves.

"Talent" is what you find at institutions like the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. And "Talent" almost always is ignored. It's literally buried under the ground.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
I do not agree. There is a large difference between a manufactured idol and an artist.
of course there is! I'm not saying they are the same.

It is just a different kind of talent.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
"Talent" doesn't make people buy records. The media telling people what they like sells records. People don't think for themselves, they get TOLD what they like, and they're so stupid that they'll actually think they're thinking for themselves.

"Talent" is what you find at institutions like the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. And "Talent" almost always is ignored. It's literally buried under the ground.
sure people get 'told' what they like.. I'm saying there is talent in doing that.

You hate it because it gets all the recognition and sales. But whos fault is this? People in the conservation might be researching new forms of expresion with music. But record companies are researching better ways to make money.

who do you do you think will win?

I say, just accept that the music you create is simply not being marketed correctly.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The music we create at the Con isn't marketed as hard. That's because the media don't have a vested interest in making people listen to our music.

YOU try marketing a concert of Art music. One of my duties with the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society is publicity. I'm easily able to reach the Classical/Art music community. Beyond that though, nobody's interested because we don't have brand name performers.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
natstar said:
When I see soemthing about a show I dont like I ignore it. If its on TV I switch to another channel, if its on an ad, I dont watch it or ignore it or simply block it out, if I see soemthing about it is a mag I dont read it, and simply ignore it, if i see in somewhere like on a poster i ignore it. People's attention is only caputured by something that interests them, its selective perception, selecting only what you want to take notice of.
I would argue that such crimes against humanity are marketed so heavily that nobody can avoid it. We're Drowning in a sea of Idol marketing. It's everywhere, and it's annoying.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Brand name performers can kiss my ass. Brand name doesn't indicate talent. If anything, it indicates a Lack of it.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
The music we create at the Con isn't marketed as hard. That's because the media don't have a vested interest in making people listen to our music.

YOU try marketing a concert of Art music. One of my duties with the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society is publicity. I'm easily able to reach the Classical/Art music community. Beyond that though, nobody's interested because we don't have brand name performers.
That is beacuse the image of calssical music is of old people, of relaxation, etc...

I a fast paced world we live in this won't reach a big audience. The first step is to change the image if you want to reach a younger audience, who are ultimately the big buyers.

btw, i'm interested. Post some samples of the big acts you have got can see what the people here think.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
Brand name performers can kiss my ass. Brand name doesn't indicate talent. If anything, it indicates a Lack of it.
What do you think of "bond", They successfully combined cassical music and pop culture. As a result they sold millions of albums and got kicked off the calssical charts, lol

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
What do you think of "bond", They successfully combined cassical music and pop culture. As a result they sold millions of albums and got kicked off the calssical charts, lol

Bond are HOT, and they're not bad as a quartet either. But I know quite a few string players who are equally as good, and they don't have the fame of Bond. But does it mean that for a classical musician to be successful, they have to be hot? Because I ain't hot.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
What about people like Joss Stone and Erand (sp?) James, and Michale Buble
well, he was refering to idol since little creativity of the actual arist is involved. Most of the creativity is in the record company, the media and the company who made idol (19 studios or something.)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
What about people like Joss Stone and Erand (sp?) James, and Michale Buble
Oh great... I know where you're heading...

Are you suggesting those guys are mainstream?? Possibly, not entirely... and about the classical charts... I'd personally think it'd be veru cultural, interesting, and full of experimental music... but snobby too! Lol. It'd be annoying for me, despite my love for it, people like me who hate AMEB exams but thinks that there's a shot at the con, no hope for me!!!

Lorie

HSC
i say we bring back the lawn darts, encourage kids to stick forks in toasters and get rid of the best before dates on foods. This way we will filter all the stupid kids and in turn there will be no purpose for Austrlaian idol.

people on Australian idol = stupid

people who like Australian idol = stupidier

people who vote, buy cds, or any mech. of Australian idol = stupidiest

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lorie said:
i say we bring back the lawn darts, encourage kids to stick forks in toasters and get rid of the best before dates on foods. This way we will filter all the stupid kids and in turn there will be no purpose for Austrlaian idol.

people on Australian idol = stupid

people who like Australian idol = stupidier

people who vote, buy cds, or any mech. of Australian idol = stupidiest
HAHAHAHHA that really made me laugh

*reps you*

Auto Wah

oh god, i couldnt' agree with you more that Australian Idol sucks. The winner who ever it is should eat shit then die. All the judges should die too. For the people who actually go to the stadium every week.
Should die then be resurrected and die again spontaneously.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
OMG the shanghai crab battle on Iron Chef a few weeks ago was heart wrenching. It was so close, top chef from Taiwan versus Chen Kenichi.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
FUCKING HELL!

the market is for manufactured pop shit! do i personally like it? no, not really. but the market is for a particular genre, and there's no use getting all high and might "oh, i'm so musically talented and haven't gotten anywhere!" because the fact of the matter is... no matter how talented you may be, you don't conform to that particular want of the market. get the fuck over it, no one really cares, if you succeed of your own accord and talent - good for you!
give me a break. the teenage manufactured pop market will like whatever they are told to like. if they were told that actual musical talent is cool, then that is what the market would be filled with. except musical talent is too expensive, so shit is put out in order to increase profits

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
crazyhomo said:
give me a break. the teenage manufactured pop market will like whatever they are told to like. if they were told that actual musical talent is cool, then that is what the market would be filled with. except musical talent is too expensive, so shit is put out in order to increase profits
Hear Hear! I completely agree!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hmmm, well if I make it to where I aim for in the music industry (ie: making film music etc) then technically, I wouldn't WANT to be mainstream pop crap, you know? Any musicians feeling a little shit about the existance of Australian Idol, don't be fooled!

Just because you aren't mainstream, doesn't mean you're not successful.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
crazyhomo said:
did i dispute that? no. but my point essentially is... idol is popular because thats what's marketable. classical music is not marketable in general, although you have exceptions with already established artists such as metallica who combine genres (fuck that album shits me, on another note)

personally i don't give a shit, i would never buy an idol album and i watch it occasionally when i'm bored. big fucking deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)