People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
yeah i meant artists like Delta and Kylie who got their careers launched by Neigbours and all the ppl off Aust Idol last year that got contracts etc
It's not most of Australian music scene though.

But yeah I know what you mean

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
mossup said:
excuese me.....but when daniel san "you Raise me up" (previously sung by Josh Groban) , I didn't think it was pop music. also, anthony sang "the Prayer" which is an incredible operatic duet that requires immense talent to sing. By the way, my IQ is 120. I watch australian idol, and i think the talent on Aussie Idol this year, was alsolutely incredible.

No i don't watch pop stars.....and i hate pop music. But i loved watching casey and Hayley, sing songs by "george" and the way chanelle brought songs from the 40's back into fashion.
You Raise Me Up ain't that difficult a song to sing. The Prayer is hardly "incredible". Trust me, it ain't that difficult to sing. Well, maybe if you're trying to sing both parts at the same time, but otherwise it ain't difficult. Just to give some credibility to my statements - I'm a singer myself, and I used to teach singing.

lengstar

HSC
Just ignore Phanatical. Its obvious that anything that isn't 'Classical Music' isn't good enough for him. Let him wank over it all he wants.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I believe he is against the karaoke 'stars' who act as the public face for the manufactured idol business.

lengstar

HSC
Generator said:
I believe he is against the karaoke 'stars' who act as the public face for the manufactured idol business.
True, but in no way did he show support for anything besides 'Classical'.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I thought that he was emphasising the classical given his background and because it's the perfect example of tremendous and creative musical efforts being largely unrewarded. But I'm a little selective in what I read at times, so that may explain that thought..

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
the next person that thinks classical music goes unrewarded should go research who john williams and hans zimmer are...

DAMN would i wanna be like that some day.

lengstar

HSC
yes but such music has a place and purpose. if i go clubbing i don't want to hear mozart unless its over a trance mix and heavily synthesised. likewise i don't expect a poignant background music to be invaded by heavy metal unless it was contrasting against the scene.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
*pashes lengstar*

this is what I have been fucking saying through this god damn thread and people ignored me!!!

waste_of_paint

HSC
i found something very ironic scribbled on a desk at school that kind of summed up the intelligence of the idol-worshipping masses: "australian idle rules."

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Way to be obvious.

I think Phanatical is a tad jealous.
Dude seriously, if you can sing better than them, and you want to get recognised/rewarded, why dont you go on Australian Idol? Until then, I suggest you start enjoying what you do, and let others enjoy what they do

Lorie

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
*coughs*

Superjesus
Grinspoon
Missy Higgins
Frenzal Rhomb
Maeder
Killing Heidi
Jet
The Vines
Kasey Chambers
1200 Techniques
Cat Empire
Jerk
Magic Dirt
Butterfly Effect
ACDC
Powderfinger
Spiderbait
Tina Arena
Pete Murray
Gyroscope
The Dissociatives/Silverchair
The Whitlams
Motorace (I love these guys)
John Butler Trio
One Dollar Short
28 Days
The Spazzys
67 Special
The Fauves
The Living End
The Hoodoo Gurus
Jebediah
Art Of Fighting
Midnight Oil
INXS
Cold Chisel
Savage Garden
Yothu Yindi
Christina Anu
Mental as Anything
Real Life
Nick Cave
Regurgitator
Screaming Jets
The Beautiful Girls
The Wiggles (thanx argonaut!)

(wait I'll be editing this post, just you frikin wait) :p
ur_inner_child thats a mighty cough u have ;)

have to admit that alot of those artist (if not all) have been supported by triple J. And wait they haven't tried to claim any advertising or selling out. That almost sounds constructive towards the music industry. Yes wait it is, and has no other motive. Thats right folks triple J, there are places where music is supported and the bringing up of talent without selling out, and entering the corrupt side of the music industry.

i think that list covers it all.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yes they can. i can and i will. i just don't want to :p

do you wanna go to australian idol phanatical??? besides, they'll fade away realli soon. where's bardot and scandal'us by the way?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
That list is crap btw. You're so absorbed by the machine you rage against, that you fail to see anything that's innovative or original.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Classical musicians can't get past the first audition, because we're too classical. If classical musicians were presented at the Actual audition, then they'd have to publicly recongise that they don't give a shit about our type of music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)