People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
the aus music list?

meh. i bolded the ones i liked.
That list is crap btw. You're so absorbed by the machine you rage against, that you fail to see anything that's innovative or original.

Though, I can't object to AC/DC :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait till they have a Classical Idol, then you can go on - however that'd never happen because no one would buy the records!

The people who create the shows are motivated by profit and entertainment value. Believe it or not, they aren't solely focused on finding the next superstar.

lengstar

HSC
i get bored easily so as long as the music alleviates my boredom for a while then its good.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Minai said:
Wait till they have a Classical Idol, then you can go on - however that'd never happen because no one would buy the records!

The people who create the shows are motivated by profit and entertainment value. Believe it or not, they aren't solely focused on finding the next superstar.
babeh, if that happens, you will want to buy my records.

enough of this bullshit.

Hans zimmer and all those classical types, if no one listened to me AGAIN... they're pretty sweet and RICH AND SUCCESSFUL what with the BILLIONS OF CONTRACTS they do to write CLASSICAL MUSIC for film!?!?!

Lorie

HSC
Minai said:

you got it in one. there are interested in the next superstar, provided they sign to this label, endorse these brands and sell records.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Daniel was the UWS of the competition.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
u cant say idol is crap bcos its all about making money tho...
everything today is about making money...our society teaches us that money is "so important"
i asked my cousin what he wanted to be (hes 5) the other day..and he said "RICH!!!"

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah fully...i thought i was ranting, @ least someone agrees...

i asked my lil cousin again tho, and asked for a different answer, and he said "happy"...so that makes it ok =)

Lorie

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
u cant say idol is crap bcos its all about making money tho...
everything today is about making money...our society teaches us that money is "so important"
i asked my cousin what he wanted to be (hes 5) the other day..and he said "RICH!!!"

That is true, however, the purpose of the show is dervised from the corrupt music industry. Come on think about it, the show advertises for all the brands and companies, thats what gets the show going. The whole voting by phone thing is an idea that backs the telephone companies and keeps their profits going and the people are stupid enough to fall into this trap. The record company has already signed up the winner into a "fucked for life" contract. They give them a song to do, that they have choosen and is in the contract, meaning that the artist can not claim song writting and copywrite of the song and everytime the song is used it goes to the record company not the artist, because they do not own it.

Lorie

HSC
natstar said:
I think its its shitty in the fact that they give them a song to do. They should be allowed to pick one themselves, or at least release a cover of one of the songs they sang well during the competition. That would be better than the songs they picked last year and this year..they both suck

Yeah but how's the record company gonna be able to screw them over with a fair deal like that.

Last edited:

Lorie

HSC
Phanatical said:
I refer to the original title of this thread.

yes we should be discussing the way in which we shall "make them dissappear"

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
lengstar said:
yes but such music has a place and purpose. if i go clubbing i don't want to hear mozart unless its over a trance mix and heavily synthesised. likewise i don't expect a poignant background music to be invaded by heavy metal unless it was contrasting against the scene.

top stuff lengstar

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
Phanatical said:
It's from the Quest for Camelot.

So what if it was written for quest for Camelot.. (I looked it up in google and found u to be right….) It doesn’t change the fact that the range needed for this song is greater than many singers out there, and ( just for creditability) It was sung by Andrea Bocelli.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Andrea Bocelli is good. But so are a lot of other singers who still linger in obscurity. Believe me, it ain't that difficult a song to sing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)