People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The problem is that this superficial market dominates the popular forms of media and often does not allow other forms of culture to spread (luckily we now have the net rather than just underground networks and word of mouth, though). Also, even though we can be selective in what we view/hear, it (Idol, for example) does become annoying after a time given its overpowering nature. We can all only take so much.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Phanatical said:
Seriously, Australian Idol (and the entire Pop music scene) is a disgrace to humanity. It is an abomination, a cesspool of stupidity and mediocrity, and degrades us All as people.

It is an insult to musicians past and present. Countless generations in countless societies have contributed beautiful music to the world. Puccini, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert. And we contribute this travesty, this Disgrace.

It's even worse when collections of Australian Idol fans congregate. I had the misfortune of being in the presence of one of these congregations earlier this year. The stupidity was so thick in the air, I could feel my IQ points draining away in the mass of Stupid that surrounded me.

WE MUST DESTROY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!
i agree......

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Lorie said:
it's not that i hate the show and aim to kill everyone linked to it. I just wish people would wake up and see the whole motives behind it.
Yes - its called entertainment

lengstar

HSC
If you cannot be entertained by the free media that is available on the television set then I suggest you seek other forms of entertainment. How hard can it be?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
natstar said:
Nearly everything to do with the entertainment business has the motive of profit behind it.
But its not like im going to stop watching tv shows that i find entertaining,even tho it may have some big socially unethical profit motive behind it, or stop listening to music that i find good to listen too, even tho it may be manufactued off a reality TV show.
Exactly!

People aren't that stupid - I know exactly why this show exists, yet I watch it because I personally find it entertaining.

Lorie

HSC
yea ok, entertainment. But i wish they would stop trying to cover it up by calling it a talent finding show, because the record companies are merely using it as an excuse to sell records. It gets beyond a TV show, people buy records and in turn make profits.

If people wanted to know about real way people are trying to give new talent a chance look at Triple J unearthed competition. It gives bands a chance to let their music be heard on the radio without the aim of profits, just the aim of giving aussie bands a chance, and many bands have come out of this with a chance and triple J, doesn't get anything else in return.

Kulazzi

HSC
Generator said:
Besides, what was wrong with the topic? It has been one of the few recent topics that has allowed a proper debate of some sort to occur.
I did not mean anything was wrong with the topic. What I meant was that the extreme hatred that people express. Ok, I'd understand if you don't like aussie idol and you hate it but that doesn't really mean that you stereotype those who watch it. :rolleyes:

Lorie said:
yea ok, entertainment. But i wish they would stop trying to cover it up by calling it a talent finding show, because the record companies are merely using it as an excuse to sell records. It gets beyond a TV show, people buy records and in turn make profits.

If people wanted to know about real way people are trying to give new talent a chance look at Triple J unearthed competition. It gives bands a chance to let their music be heard on the radio without the aim of profits, just the aim of giving aussie bands a chance, and many bands have come out of this with a chance and triple J, doesn't get anything else in return.
ok, I understand what you're trying to get to but to be honest I don't listen to triple JJJ therefore I don't really hear rising stars from that station. Aussie idol is more popular therefore it will atrract more viewers cos you can also see the actual singer (dunno abt triple JJJ though), that's why many people watch it.

Kulazzi

HSC
natstar said:
If they had a triple J idol thingy, would it change ur opinion?
probably. but the thing is why I like aussie idol better because you can see the actual singer perform. If I hear someone on triple JJJ with a great voice, then yeah. You see, the thing is, that most people would also wanna see what the singer look like. For example, most people didn't want casey being idol because of how she looks like BUT if you heard her voice on the radio, and you'd never knew what she looked like then most people would be like, "yeah, she's got a great voice, she should be famous".

Kulazzi

HSC
natstar said:
Yeah i agree. Its stupid how some people think casey shouldent have won cuz of her weight, but its bullshit, becasue its supposed to be about "idol", and casey would be a very good idol for younger girls
exactly. In my local paper, there was a quote from her saying that she's showing girls to achieve what their dreams are, despite the disadvantages that they have and that people will hate them for it. Some girls in my school (I'm not degrading my school or anything but this is a group that obviously has no rep) were saying things like "oh, how is she going to dance while she sings?" and I'm like, you know what? get stuffed cos it's just the voice that matters, whether it is good or not, regardless of the race, religion, and body shape.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Once upon a time, you actually had to have musical talent to be a famous musician. Now musical talent is a disadvantage, especially if you're an Ugly talented musician.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm not sure if "disadvantaged" is the right word. I think you mean "not a necessity" lol. Hey man, I do think Guy can sing. Musician to musician, this guy can fucking sing. His style is another story. THAT is his instrument, his voice.

And the good looking part? Meh. The band "Jet" have ugly members (except one of them) and they're being recognised. Who else is ugly?

Nikki Webster's ugly. Just look at her.

I can name a few from my personal point of view, like regurgitator, and george, but I think I might get rocks thrown at me. But they're not exactly steaming with sex appeal... and they're fine.

Oh, and Guy is NOT GOOD LOOKING

Danoz The Great

HSC
When I saw the name of this thread I jumped for joy.

I think all reality TV is shit. What entertainment is there in watching people on TV, when you have it all around you in the real world?

But Idol's definately the low of lowest.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Big Brother had Mirabai Peart, who championed the cause for the Violin. She's a Con student too.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Australian Idol is like Triple J Unearthed too if you think about it - only the winner of Idol and the runner up usually get signed. Others are left to use their fame on idol to start their own projects - look at Cosmia de Vito from last year's Idol, she was "unearthed" by Idol and now has created her own record label.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Minai said:
Australian Idol is like Triple J Unearthed too if you think about it - only the winner of Idol and the runner up usually get signed. Others are left to use their fame on idol to start their own projects - look at Cosmia de Vito from last year's Idol, she was "unearthed" by Idol and now has created her own record label.
firstly, 7 idol finalists released albums last year

secondly, unearthed is a songwriting as well as performance competition. and you don't have to put up with 5 losers still putting out shit albums

K

katie_tully

Hahahaha. Touche.
Australian Idol is bullshit. It's only popular because it's televised, and because 13 year olds like Andrew G and James Matheson.
It appeals to old people and retards.
To win tripple j, you do not have to appeal to the masses of fuckwits, there's thing thing called... talent... *sighs*, and people with some taste vote for them.

if you listen to australian idolists, or that music. you dont have taste.
you're a git.

GAAAAH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)