People who like Australian Idol should Die! (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
glycerine said:
haha, ironic because the markedly less generic of the final two just won :D

btw, phanatical, the 'feminists' you're talking about aren't really feminists and you don't know shit about what feminism is.
On the first point, I agree. They're not feminists as much as they are man-hating student politicians who want to install a matriarchy in society. But I do know what feminism is.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ah! feminazis are not feminists!

for one, the majority of feminazis subscribe to the scum manifesto. they are concerned with communicating the superiority of women over men rather than attempting to gain social equality between the genders. THEY ARE NOT FEMINISTS AND PLEASE DO NOT CALL THEM FEMINISTS, IT'S OFFENSIVE TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY FEMINISTS.

Lorie

HSC
who cares who won, they are still gonna be a puppet for companies

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
i don't see what is so good about Australian Idol and why would people want to waste their time and money voting for someone to become an Australian Idol. Don't they have better things to do

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
These karaoke "singers" honestly believe they have talent. It takes years of training to develop "talent" and technique. And the first thing you do when you develop your vocal technique - is to get rid of that stupid "vocal acrobatics" shit.

Seriously people, "vocal acrobatics" is popstar speak for "can't hit the right note, so i'll sing all the notes around it to make myself sound great". Fuck, anybody can perform "vocal acrobatics" - it just proves that they can't sing for shit.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'd like to see one of these fuckers sing something in 3/4 time, or 5/4 time. or even 6/8.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
FUCKING HELL!

the market is for manufactured pop shit! do i personally like it? no, not really. but the market is for a particular genre, and there's no use getting all high and might "oh, i'm so musically talented and haven't gotten anywhere!" because the fact of the matter is... no matter how talented you may be, you don't conform to that particular want of the market. get the fuck over it, no one really cares, if you succeed of your own accord and talent - good for you!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Phanatical said:
Seriously, Australian Idol (and the entire Pop music scene) is a disgrace to humanity. It is an abomination, a cesspool of stupidity and mediocrity, and degrades us All as people.

It is an insult to musicians past and present. Countless generations in countless societies have contributed beautiful music to the world. Puccini, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert. And we contribute this travesty, this Disgrace.

It's even worse when collections of Australian Idol fans congregate. I had the misfortune of being in the presence of one of these congregations earlier this year. The stupidity was so thick in the air, I could feel my IQ points draining away in the mass of Stupid that surrounded me.

WE MUST DESTROY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!
I'll drink, double drink and kill myself drinking to that! AUSSIE IDOL IS OFF MY TV!!!! YESSSS!!! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE BUT THEN THERE'S GANNA B SERIES 2 N 3!!!!! omg could they possibly make anymore money out of the mass Aussie public. Answer: Yes, start aussie idol part 4 or name it something else! come on ppl, get texting -_-'

K

katie_tully

my care factor has just reached an all time high of 0
who the fuck cares
just dont buy their shitty cd or listen to nova
why are you jumping around like a sissy over the exploitation of gullible, impressionable, tasteless gits...they'll realise soon enough. nobody cares about guy sebastion or whats his face, noll anymore anyway. whatever happened to kelly clarkson? shes singing the soundtrack for princess diaries for christs sake. they all crash and burn anyway, the more famous they get, the more spectacular their crash.
so stop crying and go listen to your other shit.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
its not their music that's irritating it's the fact that they're stupid fugly faces are constantly on TV invading free to air ads n airtime. Its irritating that you have inside idol, idol extra, idol + 1, idol jumps up n down and a million other stupid addons just to rig up more $$$ good Lord get over it.

K

katie_tully

channel v is shit, if you watch it you deserve to be bombarded with inside idol, idol extra and james/andrews fucking ugly mugs.
if you read tv week or any of that shit, you also deserve to be bombarded, because its crap... and if you read it, you have the intellect of a slug in a salt lake.

dont like their music? dont buy the cd, dont listen to commercial radio AND KILL YOUR LITTLE SISTER.

ive managed to only be subjected to australian idol during adds for the simpsons, which is a sacrifice i am willing to make.

lengstar

HSC
I just think its funny egging Phanatical on. He's so hysterical about the issue like its his religion or something haw haw.

K

katie_tully

Music student.
Why do I have a really odd vision of him...
It's either...
Fanatical muso with piercings, odd coloured hair, shitty fashion sense and an opinion on everything...
Or a vegie muso who only eats tofu, drinks lattes, and looks down on people who listen to music HE considers "disgraceful".

Go chain yourself to Mozart, nobody cares.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
natstar said:
Whats the problem. If you dont like Australian Idol Dont watch it. If you dont like that music, dont listen to it. Simple as that.
It's a bit hard to avoid that sort of shit when it's on our television, our radio, our newspapers. In fact, the only place where there is no talk of Australian Idol whatsoever is uni.

katie_tully said:
Music student.
Why do I have a really odd vision of him...
It's either...
Fanatical muso with piercings, odd coloured hair, shitty fashion sense and an opinion on everything...
Or a vegie muso who only eats tofu, drinks lattes, and looks down on people who listen to music HE considers "disgraceful".

Go chain yourself to Mozart, nobody cares.
Fanatical muso who hates tofu, drinks tea, with no piercings, short black hair, reasonable fashion and most definitely an opinion on everything. http://www.secsmusic.org/composers/quahandrew.html

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
Seriously, Australian Idol (and the entire Pop music scene) is a disgrace to humanity. It is an abomination, a cesspool of stupidity and mediocrity, and degrades us All as people.

It is an insult to musicians past and present. Countless generations in countless societies have contributed beautiful music to the world. Puccini, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert. And we contribute this travesty, this Disgrace.

It's even worse when collections of Australian Idol fans congregate. I had the misfortune of being in the presence of one of these congregations earlier this year. The stupidity was so thick in the air, I could feel my IQ points draining away in the mass of Stupid that surrounded me.

WE MUST DESTROY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!
Well, they may have contributed alot to music. But do they sell records these days? It is talent to be able to make people buy things. As much as you hate it, I think they are doing a pretty good job.

Generator

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
Well, they may have contributed alot to music. But do they sell records these days? It is talent to be able to make people buy things. As much as you hate it, I think they are doing a pretty good job.
But they aren't making other people buy something through their own actions, are they?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
But they aren't making other people buy something through their own actions, are they?
yes they are... It is a collaborative effort by the record company, media, even the artist.

I don't think it is a trivial exercise. This was shown by popstars[live], lol

Generator

HSC
N/A
I do not agree. There is a large difference between a manufactured idol and an artist.

Edit: I do agree that is far from being a trivial process, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)