Thoughts on the Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
LOL scrotie mcboogerballs
loved the first ep of season 14 tho

man im fhakin hating my half yearlies
6/10 so far
TEN!!!!!
:/
got MX1 on monday (gonna fail)
then phys chem prac and engx speech still left...

x_ekooC

HSC
I went pretttty crappy in the exams :( I got 43/70 for General Math. I made some of the most stupid mistakes. I had the answer correct, thought I was wrong scribbled it out and done it again and I was right in the first place! I could've got an extra 15 marks if I had not of changed it :( And then some of the stuff I hadn't done before so I lost marks for guessing answers. Still waiting for results for Religion. I got 90% in Biology :) which usually I fail so I'm soooo happy there. Modern History tomorrow which I will probably fail too 'cause I haven't done some of the work :(

mystery_meat

HSC
I've finished all my exams and they've been fine so far. I just have an english speech left... that I haven't written yet. Mainly because I hate belonging. And the belonging assessment questions/statements.
It takes me a ridiculously long time to develop & write a thesis because I disagree with almost everything, and what I agree with I can't work in together because I wouldn't be taking a definite stance.

...I probably should just agree - it's obviously what my teachers expect/want us to do.

>o(

proletariat

HSC
I've finished all my exams and they've been fine so far. I just have an english speech left... that I haven't written yet. Mainly because I hate belonging. And the belonging assessment questions/statements.
It takes me a ridiculously long time to develop & write a thesis because I disagree with almost everything, and what I agree with I can't work in together because I wouldn't be taking a definite stance.

...I probably should just agree - it's obviously what my teachers expect/want us to do.

>o(

Im going to fail extension english tomorrow *sigh*

its worth 10%, ill probably get 5% if im lucky x.x

gella

HSC
had my last exam today, business services which is the most pointless subject to grace this lovely planet
absolutely raped it though. best way to end exams, even though it goes to absolutely nothing

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Two more to go...

They were all really straightforward though and compared to the yearlies in the preliminary course, there seem to be far fewer strenuous questions. Probably because teachers are biased and want their students to do as well as possible I reckon.

mystery_meat

HSC
Im going to fail extension english tomorrow *sigh*

its worth 10%, ill probably get 5% if im lucky x.x
At least it's a not a high weighting yet...

I have no idea how you (or anyone else) can do extension and advanced - I would have had a breakdown by now if I hadn't dropped it last year.

twistedrebel

HSC
physics and senior science today, average physics might of screwed up. 2u maths and business studies morrow then holidays FUCK YEAH

speedofsound

HSC
well the ancient history exam was the absolute shittiest. we got told there would be nothing on religion, half of the P+H paper is, the sources had nothing to do with the questions and i made half of that section up. oh well, at least exams are over (for now). :)

etoile rouge

HSC
Had my Modern History today. I don't know how I went. Will have to wait and see. One more exam to go. Who else wants to get their results but at the same time is really worried and rather wouldn't?

jazzzod

HSC
Alright in everything except for math. But not too concerned to be honest.

Overall I am pleased :)

brendroid

HSC
Seriously, half yearlies are a joke for the most part. My school tries to have them worth something, even if it's only 7% or something. Gah. Spend the percentages on more important things and not half yearlies :burn:

That said, they can be good for study purposes. But surely we should be doing study throughout the year without help from those school people?

Kralex

HSC
Seriously, half yearlies are a joke for the most part. My school tries to have them worth something, even if it's only 7% or something. Gah. Spend the percentages on more important things and not half yearlies :burn:

That said, they can be good for study purposes. But surely we should be doing study throughout the year without help from those school people?
Why would they be a joke? Everything counts towards something in the HSC.

dreamweaver

HSC
I some of my results back already..

Umm..

4U Maths - 31/50 (Rank: 79/92)
3U Maths - 27-59 ( Rank 103/117)

Adv. English - 16/25 (Rank 87/163)
Ext. 1 English -
Ext. 2 English

Physics - 7/35 (Rank 95/95)

Legal Studies - 19/30 (Rank 19/22)

Oh well....I can always improve
Holy crap how do you survive with all those subjects?!
My brain hurt just looking at them!
P.s. What topic are you doing in Ext1 English?
:)

brendroid

HSC
Half-yearlies would be a joke because the Board allots a particular percentage towards particular tasks. That means that some schools (like mine) try to force half yearlies on the students even though the Board does not assign a percentage towards a half yearly. The result is effectively an exam worth very little. We're getting a half-yearly for English. 3 essays, only 1 even counts for anything.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad

Mm, I think our chem theory was only worth 2% or something shit, but the prac was 18% and it was titration, which is terrible with all the freaking dodgy equipment :burn:eek:h well, only one exam left now.

dreamweaver

HSC
Four down, two to go.
How come everyone's exams have only been weighted at around 10-15%? Most of mine were at least 20%...one was 30% :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)