Thoughts on the Half Yearly Exams (2 Viewers)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
heh. i think i'm beginning to see the amusing side of all these generalisations. (thanks kyokaku92 ^^. although i probably am socially inept. but it's just my character, i'm shy by nature with people i don't know too well. there are rusians that are incredibly outgoing and would feel at home anywhere). truuuust me, even though not all of us spend all our friday nights going to 'parties' that involve alcohol, police and people doing stupid things that they regret in the morning, we have plenty of fun. and it's not always clean fun, either ;)

My trials also happens to be worth that much. So basically.. if we screw one of them up we're fucked?
yeah o___O! gosh, that's so unfair O_O. these term assessments shouldn't be worth more than 15-25%. but that would mean.. you guys don't have that many assessments?

Anyone got their half year ranks yet?
we never get given half yearly ranks >_o. you only know if you came first, because we're usually told the top mark. but then, a lot of people usually tie first o_<.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
MX1 and MX2 were worth 30%!
Then again we only have 4 maths assessments but trials are still worth 40% >_>
I wish they'd just do a 25/25/25/25 split or something.

Then again, how unlikely...

nikkifc

HSC
yup. definitely sad that you feel you have to attack a group of people you don't even know in what appears to be a pathetic attempt to validate yourself. i try to be polite most of the time but fricking hell people like you piss me off.
Perhaps you should just go back to "not always clean fun" with your mates :p

GTwin

HSC
Nah. We have this enormous assignment about a specific topic we have to do. I've pretty much only got my direction (had to decide on topic) and have borrowed couple of books on it. Gotta read them and start getting my stuff together.

Got holiday homework for English, Modern + Ancient though. Yay. Currently on school computer supposed to be doing my Extension proposal. Didn't work so I hopped on bos.

extension history sucks cause of the project. im currently trying to be enthused about mine but its quite difficult when listening to good music. Our proposal was due wk 3 last term, so at least thats out of the way for me. unlucky for you! why is it only history and english teachers who feel the need to give homework over the holidays??? grrr.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
yes i believe 99.2 is over 95 last time i checked...
LOL wiki James Ruse and it says the median ATAR is 99.2 or 99.6 >_>. shit bricks but the its wikipedia...
I heard the typical median is like 99+ or is that a total misconception? There must be some pretty big bomb-outs if that was true.... Median 99+ being dragged to ave 95.
the average atar at ruse is over 95, so even the "non-elite" students are achieving and have something to show for it at the end of the day.

unless you would rather be dux with a 92.....
Hell yeah I'd rather be DUX with 92. Shows I put more effort in than the rest of my grade. I personally think it's better than being a part of a homogenous 99.

All of James Ruse students are "elite". As you posted, their average ATAR proves it.
Clearing this up. Last year the Media (read 85th kid) in JR got 99.4. The average is closer to ~98ish, mainly because of outliers that get in the 80s and drag it down. In 2008 the lowest was 59. Exclude him and the average jumps to near 99.

Also I'd rather be a homogenous 99. Gets me into more courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)