Parents reaction to you not making it? (2 Viewers)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i'm not checking my results. all that matters is that i get into my uni course :)

so no disappointed lectures for me :)

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
my parents dont even care bout my hsc in the slightest bit. I could get a shit atar or not do any work at all and they wouldnt be bothered in the slightest

tonyharrison

HSC
My parents just want me to get into the course i want.

haha disappointed with 99? God! i would srsly just boycott the hsc :p

simplyyme

HSC
my parents will first beat the fuck out of me with a broomstick or whatever blunt/solid object lying nearby then lecture me on how they spent thousands of dollars on tutoring for no reason and then kick me out of the house for disgracing the family and being dumb. :(

nah jks, they'll just be slightly disappointed - ill probably end up copping a lecture - you know the ones "if you studied more and tried harder" bs.

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ive prepared mine for my epic failure

i told them to expect the worst.

lychnobity

HSC
ive prepared mine for my epic failure

i told them to expect the worst.
I should too. Then I'll get the "You should have done 12 units" or maybe the "what did you spend all of those hours doing?!" lecture. fml

Brontozaurus

HSC
Probably something along the lines of OMGWTFBBQ because I'd have somehow failed while working so hard.

Got2Kno91

HSC
My parents basically tell me they don't care what I do, as long as i'm happy. If I don't do well, my dad said it would only bother him because he knows it would bother me. It's the best attitude for me, to be honest. I'm already motivated enough, I know I want to do well. Whether my parents are on my back won't help one little bit, if anything it'd just add unnecessary stress.

I think the true aim of parents should be ensuring their son/daughter is happy. Academic prowess DEFINITELY does not guarantee happiness. In many ways it conspires against it...

hollaholla

HSC
My parents basically tell me they don't care what I do, as long as i'm happy. If I don't do well, my dad said it would only bother him because he knows it would bother me. It's the best attitude for me, to be honest. I'm already motivated enough, I know I want to do well. Whether my parents are on my back won't help one little bit, if anything it'd just add unnecessary stress.

I think the true aim of parents should be ensuring their son/daughter is happy. Academic prowess DEFINITELY does not guarantee happiness. In many ways it conspires against it...

well said.

-_-

HSC
My parents know I tried my fullest, so they won't be that pissed if I do poorly.

+ They're asian, so I'm a bit of an anomaly it seems.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL this thread is making me feel better already. It's making me feel better while i'm cramming for my exam tomorrow at 2pm...

AND even better when i finished my hsc years ago awww...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)