Parents reaction to you not making it? (1 Viewer)

hollaholla

HSC
My parents would probably not speak to me for at least 3-4 years LOL...>>i really dislike the uncomfortable silence . I would NOT get thrown out but this is just as bad seriously. Before the silence starts id get the 'wasting your life' lecture.. Any similar reactions?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
nah probably just a lecture, and being disappointed for a couple of weeks.
i don't think i would care if they did any of that ^ but it's my own disappointment/regret that'd be a killer :eek:

lychnobity

HSC
Mine are ok with it, because... I will make it. No way around it.

As long as I tried my best they say. I'm sure they'll be heaps disappointed if I didn't meet their secret expectations though.

HSC
I'd get the whole, "what happened" look and then my mum would say i didn't study enough and then my grandad woul djust be really sympathetic.
My dad will be good with whatever...

harry4

HSC
why what do all your parents want u to get

and it really should not bother them if their children do not live up to their academic standards

lychnobity

HSC
I'd get the whole, "what happened" look and then my mum would say i didn't study enough and then my grandad woul djust be really sympathetic.
My dad will be good with whatever...
Same here, don't think I can take the disappointment. Worse is when they act happy when you know they're gutted at your marks.

and it really should not bother them if their children do not live up to their academic standards
They haven't said anything but I know they want me to get about 95.

Last edited:

raniaaa

:)
HSC

mum wanted me to do med =.=
but essentially they just want me to do whatever makes me happy. by "not making it" i mean not getting over 90 :p

and it's not that they expect me to live upto their academic standards, but they know what i'm capable of and they're all for living up to your potential. it's not so much "rania you let us down" it's more "rania you let yourself down and we're upset cos we know you'll regret it later"

hollaholla

HSC
but essentially they just want me to do whatever makes me happy. by "not making it" i mean not getting over 90 :p

and it's not that they expect me to live upto their academic standards, but they know what i'm capable of and they're all for living up to your potential. it's not so much "rania you let us down" it's more "rania you let yourself down and we're upset cos we know you'll regret it later"
The last part is really disheartening ...

lychnobity

HSC

:( My thoughts exactly...

The last part is really disheartening ...
+1

jet

Banned
HSC
I would just get a 'well you tried your best' thing. It's me that wants to do med, they haven't told me to choose anything.

I'd actually be more disappointed at myself.

danal353

HSC
my parents keep giving me concerned looks and then saying "Dana why aren't you studying? Why are you watching television? What if you get 75? What course are you going to do? 75 isn't great... DANA ARE YOU LISTENING?..."

so I assume if I "didn't make it" I'd get never-ending "I told you so"s...

hollaholla

HSC
my parents keep giving me concerned looks and then saying "Dana why aren't you studying? Why are you watching television? What if you get 75? What course are you going to do? 75 isn't great... DANA ARE YOU LISTENING?..."

so I assume if I "didn't make it" I'd get never-ending "I told you so"s...
lolll

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
I think my parents are content that I've studied really hard this year. And anything drastic (God forbid) would mean that I've just had some bad luck.

penguin.ali

HSC
This is going to make you all scream.

My parents don't care about the marks I get, they know my strengths and weaknesses, so they know what to expect with my marks.

Plus, both my brother and sister went through the HSC a good 7 and 10 years ago and didn't blitz them or anything, yet they both have good, well paid jobs in which they are happy, so 1) it's not new to them and 2) they know that the HSC doesn't determine your life

Scinery

HSC
lol my parents will say "aww" and then say "don't worry" and then smile and tell me i still get to do what i want and it's not the end of the world...

and then i'll find my mum crying in her bedroom and my dad will start lecturing me for not letting him help me in maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)