Parents reaction to you not making it? (1 Viewer)

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Its not the end of the world if you do not make it straight in as a recent school leaver. This is why God created transfers, tafe and alternate pathways to uni such as UTS Insearch.

Meh, you can try your best, but its impossible for EVERYONE to be happy. Just be happy with what you have.

Pyrokinetic

HSC
I don't know if you heard this story, someone posted it on BOS a while back, anyways a girl who recently graduated got a high uai and he parents forced her to do medicine. She ended up doing medicine and eventually graduated. She got her medicine degree and handed it to her parents and said "Here's your medicine degree". The moral of the story is are you living your life? or living your parent's life and dreams?
Thanks. Yeah i understand that and have heard of similar such stories, some far more tragic too. :(

I know i should follow my dreams, and i will, but it'll just be a rocky road thats all.

/Sigh

And LOLOL:
This is why God created transfers, tafe and alternate pathways to uni such as UTS Insearch.
Gotta love God all mighty.
:santa:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Philip Guo - Attention: Overbearing Asian Parents

My parents are alright, but my family generally, not so. I hate how Asian parents have a tendency to gossip about their children. Asian parents seem to live off their children for bragging rights. I'm always compared to relatives, "So and so got this much, he/she is doing this and that, why aren't you doing as well as them?"

jezzicaz789

HSC
My parents would probably not speak to me for at least 3-4 years LOL...>>i really dislike the uncomfortable silence . I would NOT get thrown out but this is just as bad seriously. Before the silence starts id get the 'wasting your life' lecture.. Any similar reactions?
Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

HSC
my mums starting to accept the fact i probably wont live up to the maths geniuses in our family.
shes cool with whatever i get now, thankfully. i think all that stress made her more sympathetic, wooo!!

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
if i dont get 99.4 at LEAST they will probably belt the shit out of me and then tie the belt around my neck and kill me

but i will definately get 99.4 so there is no chance of that happening to me

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Parents would probably make me resit year 12 :p

hollaholla

HSC
My thread has come a long way . It has stood the test of time. I am a happy man today.

kenster92

HSC
my mum told me to drop out of school and go tafe and get a trade or sum shit..coz i was "failing"...im estimated to get like 95+ atar...azn parents...lol, she was also unhappy when i told her i didnt wanna do med anymore haha
That's horrible. Were you actually failing? Or was it like the 60s/70s range?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)