Parents reaction to you not making it? (1 Viewer)

Ksubi

HSC
mum: Well now that your 18, and finished with school, you have to move out.
Me: WTFF, stupid hoe.
Mum: ...its your attitude that got you low marks.
Me:...meh..

PARENTS DIVORCED...mum knows everything, dad knows jack all.

Dad: How'd you go?
Me: good *lying thorugh my teeth
Dad: thats good.

lynton

HSC
Me and my cousin are competing against each other really. She lives down the south coast while i live in the North coast. Her parents are both high school teachers while mine stopped helping from year 9 haha. There is no family rivalry haha. My parents are expecting me to go good because i have been trying really hard throughout the year. If i go crap they will be like what happened? They wont be too dissapointed but they will be questioning me and my smartness!

hecheeseman

HSC
my whole family along with extended and family friends have taken part in a bet of what i will get, $2 entry get the pot for the closest bid. so disheartening to hear dad telling my grandparents "don't go 90, its a waste of a bet, bet 80's" and having a little sister banking on an asterisk.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
my whole family along with extended and family friends have taken part in a bet of what i will get, $2 entry get the pot for the closest bid. so disheartening to hear dad telling my grandparents "don't go 90, its a waste of a bet, bet 80's" and having a little sister banking on an asterisk.
o_O

Am i the only one that finds this a little fucked up?

Freestyler94

HSC
I havnt done my hsc yet.
But i do know that if do crap ill definately be disinherited.

Pyrokinetic

HSC
I think im going to meet my parents expectations but im scared that they'll exploit it and force me to do something that i have no passion for. My desired course doesn't require a high atar cut off at all. My parents don't understand the whole pursuing your interests and following your strenghts thing. They're all about employment opprtunities and cashing in from their children. I didn't even do it for them, i did this for myself.

Ah fuck it.

HSC
I think im going to meet my parents expectations but im scared that they'll exploit it and force me to do something that i have no passion for. My desired course doesn't require a high atar cut off at all. My parents don't understand the whole pursuing your interests and following your strenghts thing. They're all about employment opprtunities and cashing in from their children. I didn't even do it for them, i did this for myself.

Ah fuck it.
Hope you stick it out and end up doing what you love, rather than what's most prestigious. You've made it this far, I'm sure you'll be able to pursue your dreams, not your parents' :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Read this thread, created a scheme, this was the outcome.

Me: Oi, mum, what would happen if I epically fail the HSC and get a terrible ATAR?
Mum: You know darling I would love you no matter what happens, you've tried your hardest all year and me and your father understand and respect that. We're so proud of you.
Me: Naw, thanks mum. So you wouldn't get angry?
Mum: Of course not.
*silence*
Me: Hey...there's something else.
Mum: Mm? *expectant silence*
Me: What would you do if, say, err...actually no never mind.
Mum: No, tell me.
Me: ...if I got a girl pregnant *guilty face*
Mum: WHAT!?

Then I ran off giggling. Then i felt bad and literally had to go sit her down to calm her because she had got 'the shock of her life' and tricking her like that was 'really very horrible'. LOLOL.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thanks I plan to, but it'll be painful.

I just hope i'll have the guts. :S
You'll be fine, lots of people are in your exact position. I think my parents will try and get me to consider med or law if i get my ATAR aim even though i never sat UMAT which is required for med XD

Me: Oi, mum, what would happen if I epically fail the HSC and get a terrible ATAR?
Mum: You know darling I would love you no matter what happens, you've tried your hardest all year and me and your father understand and respect that. We're so proud of you.
*silence*

Then I ran off giggling. Then i felt bad and literally had to go sit her down to calm her because she had got 'the shock of her life' and tricking her like that was 'really very horrible'. LOLOL.
Hehehe, that literally made me lol for quit long. Repped!

jasondf

HSC
My Dad kept saying to me "You've got an oppurtunity I never had, so you better put in some hard work and make it worth it". I really hope I make it...

Phouna

HSC
N/A
BEFORE MY EXAMS
Mum : "Darling it's okay, not every successful man living in this world who attend university is successful, I mean you can always go to tafe"
Dad : "You better get into uni or your life is worthless"

AFTER MY EXAMS
Mum : "How did you go? I expect an ATAR of 90+ from you"
Dad : " I hope you won't disappoint me"

I love being asian at times but there are always the negative parts to it >_<"

I think I'll die with disappointment and rather live under my bed forever than face my parent's disappointed face expression, the lecture etc. ... oh and how did I forget my teachers, looks like my maths teacher will hunt me down if I went crap :(

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad

*silence*

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

ROFLMAO

GG

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol forget HSC, i'd be whiped if i get band 5s in sc
asian parents mon

Reckoner

HSC
My parents said that they would disown me if I didn't make it.
Lucky I did.

Reckoner

HSC
My parents:

Dad: Woo hoo! You go son!! That's my boy ... go get'em son. I knew you would succeed with the ladies. How many did you impregnate?

M@ster P

HSC

I just hope i'll have the guts. :S
I don't know if you heard this story, someone posted it on BOS a while back, anyways a girl who recently graduated got a high uai and he parents forced her to do medicine. She ended up doing medicine and eventually graduated. She got her medicine degree and handed it to her parents and said "Here's your medicine degree". The moral of the story is are you living your life? or living your parent's life and dreams?

Valupatitta

HSC
im gonna be srsly murdered if i get below 90. i will get dirties from them if i get below 95
i hate dem theyre so mean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)