Parents reaction to you not making it? (1 Viewer)

danal353

HSC
i dnt know my dad(but he drives trucks XD) but my mum dropped out after yr 10 and got in the lowest 30% for english and maths(an indicator of how bad she is, my sister in year 10 asked me how to round to 2 decimal places, i was wtfing her and my mum says she didnt know either, she claims to not know what decimal places are) and got in the mid range for science... there are no standards to live up too
she has no expectations for what i am to get...

ill give myself a lecture =P
lol

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Well since I know I'm not going to meet my parents' expectations, I'm expecting them to be all like,"See? All those times you've played that Wii or worked you could have been studying for a better mark!!"

:\ And also expecting them to be 'disappointed' then they would tell me to be a teacher, and their excuse would be "it's the only thing you can do with your mark!" either that.. Hmm, all that or they would drop hints for me to repeat.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Well i've tried my best i know that. I did well in the trials but found the hsc much harder. Im actually scared of what i'm going to get. My parents know this but they say " you did your best". I know i will get into my course but i really don't want a bad mark so that to dissapoint them. I know that they will be crushed if i get an incredibly shitty mark. Either way HSC FML:chainsaw:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i dnt know my dad(but he drives trucks XD) but my mum dropped out after yr 10 and got in the lowest 30% for english and maths(an indicator of how bad she is, my sister in year 10 asked me how to round to 2 decimal places, i was wtfing her and my mum says she didnt know either, she claims to not know what decimal places are) and got in the mid range for science... there are no standards to live up too

Bahahaha. DW i'll give you a free lecture :)

penguin.ali

HSC
I understand, from reading this that a lot of people are under a lot of pressure to succeed from their parents, and I hope that for all your sakes that they only want these marks because they know you can achieve them, not because they want something to brag about or are of the misconception that the HSC determines your whole entire life.

I just want everyone here to remember: these marks are about you. You are the only people who are entitled to feel disappointed about your marks... these marks will only ever effect you. No one else.

So if you get your marks and you are happy with them, no one else matters. Who cares if it is not what your parents wanted from you, you did your best and if a mark of 70 is the only mark you can get when you do your absolute best, then I personally think that that mark is very well earned. Be proud of your efforts.

charlen

HSC
I would just get a 'well you tried your best' thing. It's me that wants to do med, they haven't told me to choose anything.

I'd actually be more disappointed at myself.
same with me but im doing engineering instead

ADD_Booknerd

HSC
When my mum can't be bothered giving the lecture again she just yells "PICKLE FACTORY" (seriously) implying that's the only place I'd be able to work.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
hahah

i dunno, my parents seem to have gone from "make it in, or else" to, "try your best", and now "it's okay, we'll be happy with whatever you get".
How'd you get your parents past the first step?

hollaholla

HSC
hahah

i dunno, my parents seem to have gone from "make it in, or else" to, "try your best", and now "it's okay, we'll be happy with whatever you get".
Is this cause you've been studying consistently throughout the year?

ronnie2151

HSC

Lmao "i was WTFing her" sounds oh so wrong, lmao

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I have an english teacher that tells me i'll end up on parramatta road working as car washer if i don't do my work for myself and understand what a visual is meant to mean. To gather perceptions etc

C-BAS

HSC
My parents have been hassling me about not making it into uni, but if I actually didn't make it they'd be....... actually I don't know how they'd react - but it wouldn't be good.

kanux

HSC
SHAME AND DISAPPOINTMENT?

lmao, yer being the youngest child who has supposedly had better "educational opportunities" than older siblings, the pressure ha.

my mum every night has been asking the Guanyin to help me get into uni, plus her sister has done a whole bunch of stuff as well. She's done Kau cim (fortune telling practice) at temples and apparently, my HSC journey is tougher than my 2nd oldest bro T_T

so yer could you imagine what would happen if i didn't make it? D:

HSC
Uni Grad
umm, just work for a few years then adult entry and it's all good?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
My mom's already giving me the disappointed looks
She's pre-empting my shit atar

Not that I can complain of course..

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I'll get the "we're disappointed in you" but they'll support me with whatever I get or do.

jotdan

HSC
hahahaha is your dad a teacher?
my mum a maths teacher and she does that!
"YOU COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH BETTER IN MATHS" etc etc
i dont think she realises that my brain is more english-orienated these days!

Both of my parents are english teachers at my school and they see every mark I get for all 4uz of English, beat that =P.......><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)