How messy is your handwriting allowed to get in english? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
what if the marker sees you're ranked first and cant read your writing? will they assume you're good or just not mark it?
a teacher told me the markers have everyone's rank beside them when they're marking
That's absolute bullshit. I can't believe you'd fall for shit like that.

Oh How my writing changes when writing essays =[

I hope the last one is acceptable =[
HSC English is legible all the way down....the rest...I didn't get it until the third one from the top. I read the fourth line as: "muffin". I read the fifth line as: "fueller". :p

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All that a marker has for you is your student number and centre number.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Handwriting is directly proportional to mood. My handwriting in English is the the Sad Spiral style.

Last edited:

artosis

HSC
is this acceptable? its the quickest i can write.

thats 38 words and i did it in 1min and 3secs. If i take 38words a min then thats 1520 words in 40mins. Deduct, planning/thinking time, i could probably get 1300 with this handwriting.
So do u reckon i should write like this or write a little neater? (my handwriting up there is probably the ugliest i can do, before it becomes complete scribbles.)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

thats 38 words and i did it in 1min and 3secs. If i take 38words a min then thats 1520 words in 40mins. Deduct, planning/thinking time, i could probably get 1300 with this handwriting.
So do u reckon i should write like this or write a little neater? (my handwriting up there is probably the ugliest i can do, before it becomes complete scribbles.)
That is fine - believe me I have marked a lot worse - that is about average actually.

yours

HSC

Hi I think this is easy to read and also it gets larger as you go down, so maybe you write faster when you write larger? I'm only guessing because if you timed yourself you'd be trying to finish it as fast as possible and people tend to speed up at the end. A lot neater than my handwriting and the teachers could read mine in the trials (although 2 complained)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You're forgetting that your hand will tire after about 10 mins, so your rate won't be 38 wpm. By the middle of the exam, you'll probably fall to around 25 wpm.

Your writing is fine. Took me a sec to figure out some, but on the whole, fine.

Skriker

HSC
would you get criticised less if your handwriting is easy to read? :)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
As long as it is readable! However if it is too messy, it disrupts the examiners concentration span and that can affect negatively
Think about it: When you read something very untidy and unclear it takes a while to figure out the word and in the process you lose track of the sentence and the meaning of it. So very messy handwriting will impede your marks!

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
The other day in our Adv English class, we were going through reading an 'exemplary' response from the 2010 HSC Paper 2. As the teacher was reading it out, he literally struggled to read every 4th word. It was ridiculous, the most illegible handwriting I (and most of the whole class) had seen. Then my teacher went on to explain that the marker trying to figure out what's written down would probably cause them to forget what they read earlier and hence just focus on what they're reading at that point. Our English dept also agreed that the 'exemplary' response also actually wasn't exemplary.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
That is fine - believe me I have marked a lot worse - that is about average actually.
legit??

Would you mind seeing some of my handwriting?? I would say it would be better than this but I can say because i write it

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Capture1e12.JPG

For this i did try to focus more but my handwriting usually is like this or a tad worse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)