How messy is your handwriting allowed to get in english? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah :cry:
my english teacher is always complaining about my handwriting. She knows it's me, without even checking the student number. So i'm guessing it's preeeeeettyyyy disadvantageous to not try to change it :(
Yeah, mine's that bad too. My teacher said I didn't have to worry about forgetting to write my name in maths because she knew it was my test.
So, I made my writing neater during the HSC year. It's still REALLY bad.

amanda222

HSC
N/A
I went to a new school in year 10 and the English teacher tried to teach us all how to do running writing because it was better for exams. I was one of the few who actually did it and over the past few years have refined it so I can write legible and neat words with minimum effort. If there are any people reading this who are in year 11 or below; I reccomend giving this a shot. I tend to find that under stressed conditions the running writing just gets more stretched out.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I want to upload my handwriting just to spite all of you :p

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I went to a new school in year 10 and the English teacher tried to teach us all how to do running writing because it was better for exams. I was one of the few who actually did it and over the past few years have refined it so I can write legible and neat words with minimum effort. If there are any people reading this who are in year 11 or below; I reccomend giving this a shot. I tend to find that under stressed conditions the running writing just gets more stretched out.
Seriously - if anyone needs to learn to write well, let me know. I offer 1-on-1 handwriting lessons. Don't leave it too late.

yours

HSC
Seriously - if anyone needs to learn to write well, let me know. I offer 1-on-1 handwriting lessons. Don't leave it too late.
Why don't you post an example of your handwriting so we can see what it can look like

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Why don't you post an example of your handwriting so we can see what it can look like
The honest answer is - I don't know how to. I am not good with modern day communication methods, it's embarrasssing to admit.

As I have been saying many a time - I wince seeing present day handwriting. I don't blame anyone. You use the keyboard and mouse and finger more than you write. I do know a bit about handwriting. If I can be of help, why not?

Last edited:

yours

HSC
The honest answer is - I don't know how to. I am not good with modern day communication methods, it's embarrasssing to admit.
scan it
upload to site like photobucket
link in a post

Mystery solved?

E

Effekt

My handwriting changes constantly, i am always swapping writing angles depending on how much i have to write. I have a strange pen grip and i get blisters from my dodgy pens.

What pens are the best to use in the HSC? I don't go much on gel pens as they seem to smudge easily. The cheap pens leave blisters..

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Then there isn't time to correct your handwriting. In my view - the writing instrument you use has little to do with it. I use all sorts of pens - I don't get blisters. See if avoiding pressing/gripping the pen too tightly (i.e. relax somewhat) against your affected finger helps?

Can't help much but best of luck in your HSC exams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)