Who has atar expectations which they dont think are attainable? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I had 15 cousins who all got 99.5+. I [thankfully] made the cut, but, I do fear for the pressure on the younger cousins.... :(

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I had 15 cousins who all got 99.5+. I [thankfully] made the cut, but, I do fear for the pressure on the younger cousins.... :(
WOW.... that's a very large and intelligent bloodline you got there :).....

your doing law yourself which amazes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o_0

HSC
aerath, how are you finding law..? are you doing it because its your passion, or for somthing else? :(

salih08

HSC
My family will pretty much throw me out of the house if i dont get over 99 :(

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
pretty much everyone i know expects 95+ from me which i know i couldn't ever dream of achieving :(

herbs1

HSC
Yeah, all Asian.
Incorrect. This is not the reason for his success. His mother took him to a prison during shower time, and since then, he's been studyin' hard.

Also since when was OE such a sooky girl

xjxmxhx

HSC
DUDE my parents expect atleast 95! HI-5... But my cousins all got 95+ .....that's why my dad's hopes are so high for me... T.T..
Haha HI-5 - we can collectively disappoint them!
I have a cousin who got something crazy like 98/99... but apart from him, my sister and I are considered the 'smart' ones in our family... they ALL expect me to go well, like 90+ is a given..

HSC
N/A
I'm the "younger cousin" in my family :'(
Cousins are doing pharmacy, dentistry and one is transferring to med.

My mum wants me to to get at least 94+
I don't think that's possible. I'll be lucky to scrape a 90+ imho :cry:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha HI-5 - we can collectively disappoint them!
I have a cousin who got something crazy like 98/99... but apart from him, my sister and I are considered the 'smart' ones in our family... they ALL expect me to go well, like 90+ is a given..
Although ATAR doesn't gurantee success!!!! But yeah it would be great if i got 95+

Although my dad didn't even finish high school and he is more succesful then all the cousins/uncles who got 95+ :)....

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
My ATAR goal is 97.25, but combined with my relatively low ranking in my subjects and my revision with past HSC papers, there's absolutely no way I'm going to get it. According to the online ATAR calculators, I'll need to get a band 6 for all of my subjects, but I'm not even getting it for half of my subjects. This is making me really stressed that I won't get what I want, but I do have my alternate pathways into the university course I want to do.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
It seems the root of most of our problems all revolve around high achieving cousins... damn them and their high achieving ways!

xjxmxhx

HSC
Although ATAR doesn't gurantee success!!!! But yeah it would be great if i got 95+

Although my dad didn't even finish high school and he is more succesful then all the cousins/uncles who got 95+ :)....

True, true, other pathways, back doors and what not..
I've already got the plan B to get into law/arts at mq by 2nd year, so its not the end of the world. 90+ would keep the parents happy though.

Well if you don't get 95+, tell your dad that he is your inspiration lol.. also mention all the billionaires that dropped out of college/uni.. this is what I'm doing if I massively fail!

13abie

HSC
Yeah but don't you guys feel that alternative pathways would be a massive let down? I mean, if we worked out butts off, did our absolute best and worked to absolute capacity then we deserve our course. I don't wanna have to spend a whole year doing something that is even slightly worse than my ideal course, after everything ive given up in 2011.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)