Who has atar expectations which they dont think are attainable? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I really don't want to disappoint my Teachers (my parents will be happy with whatever I get) because they have worked so hard to help me.
Don't you hate how, just because you like school, everyone assumes you are SUPER smart ??
Hahahahaha. I fucking hate school, everyone thinks I like it because I'm smart. :/

ChocRush

HSC
Basically, at the start of the year, I thought I could get into UNSW Mechatronic Engineering (91.00), then my expectations of myself slowly dropped, so I thought that UTS would be good enough- 85.00, now I just want to get an ATAR that will get me into ANY Uni. Yes, ANY. UWS included.

amour

Female
HSC
Specifically looking at expectations from other people, not just personal goals.

Personally I dont have much to worry about, however my Extension english and Extension history teachers have been talking about band 6 results (something I dont think I can achieve)...My Multimedia teacher has even hinted at potential state ranks for a few people in the class (i have no idea why he thinks its a possibility).

It sucks to know that they will most likely be disappointed, anyone else have similar stories?
principal expectations: 98+
parent expectations: 99+
:(

yours

HSC
I have only studied for english advanced and no other course, so I'm not expecting a great atar. But I will be happy with myself if I do well in english.

HSC
Uni Grad
I have only studied for english advanced and no other course, so I'm not expecting a great atar. But I will be happy with myself if I do well in english.
heh right now I'm studying for english. This week is pretty much all week english study and barely any other study for other subjects :L

Glorious

HSC
heh right now I'm studying for english. This week is pretty much all week english study and barely any other study for other subjects :L
Lols. I've been focusing more on my other subjects. Very ironic, provided that the exam is in about 5 days.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lols. I've been focusing more on my other subjects. Very ironic, provided that the exam is in about 5 days.
This is probably the only week where I have actually studied hard and effectively for English. See whether or not it will pay off...

And if you haven't started studying, start studying :)

Glorious

HSC
This is probably the only week where I have actually studied hard and effectively for English. See whether or not it will pay off...

And if you haven't started studying, start studying :)
Nah, I have. I've balanced it out for the past few weeks.

wendiiee

HSC
I have a lot to live up to. My dad got a 98 (back in the 80s) and 3 of my cousins got 98, 96 and 94 respectively.
I'm most likely the dumbest person in my entire family and I would seriously die with happiness if I got 80 to 85.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I have a lot to live up to. My dad got a 98 (back in the 80s) and 3 of my cousins got 98, 96 and 94 respectively.
I'm most likely the dumbest person in my entire family and I would seriously die with happiness if I got 80 to 85.
thats the wrong attitude.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Me too... But for Standard. :/

Memi

HSC
N/A
I can imagine how disappointed my Biology/Modern teacher will be if I do poorly D:

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
I've seriously set up unrealistic atar aims for myself! While sharing them with people, they assume they will become true! My atar desires went from 96, to 94, to 90, to now over 85!! I have lost all faith in myself :(

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
omg....i really want a 95+ but right now i am like between 90-91. its like i need 5 extra mark for every subject which is like impossible even the school has been telling us they mark stuff harder. also there are some potheads in my skl that are not even trying, i am so worried they are gonna scale me down

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My religion teacher wants me to get a band 6. Not gonna happen. :cry:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Im confident now!! No stress!! So i think i'll be able to achieve my ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)