What would you like to see on BOS? (2 Viewers)

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
oh ok :)) i see...
btw...theres no way this page got shut down right? i mean some uni or schools may find this page annoying and... :p

OLD MHS student

HSC
N/A
SILVER SUKURA..... you wanted to know what goes on......well I just posted this in reponse to gangs in schools

Re: Wannabe gangs at schools<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->What a load of "CROCK" you want to know what a so called "gang" is then step back and ask people who lived the '80s in sydney highschools. Days when a fist was used not a knife or a gun, someone had a problem with you or your mates then they flogged the shit out of you with their hands.

More attention was paid and a whole lot of damage was done with a few people flogging the crap out of someone at the front of the school with just what we had.
There was no need to call your cousins, your brothers, your neighbours to bring bats, guns, knives, planks of wood. It was settled between 2 people with just a full on smack in the mouth! Sometimes it would take several hits to get your message across.
And YES teachers would just stand back and let it go and be sorted in a 1 on 1 fight.
Teachers would "jump in" if there was a 3rd person involved (e.g. 2 people in a fight and another jumped in to help his friend, so it was then 2 people flogging1)

1 On 1.....funny how times have changed that some think they are strong, yet they are really weak when they have to call on others to step up and "help" them fight a fight they started or are involved in, or to get revenge after a fight, whether it be get the so called "crew, group, boys" together and intimidate the person who was being bashed or his mum or sister or brother or who ever they may be.

Grow a spine and get a clear sense of yourself and take on your own battles as your own. You have the so called issue or problem, then sort it yourself, no man on this earth is going to begrudge you smacking someone down if they deserve it or piss you off no end or you are defending yourself. BUT they WILL look at you as "Weak" if you flick off that text or call for help from your so called brothers, cousins, stand as you are and clear it as you are!

I went to school at Merrylands High (yes the school that some freaks thought it'd be good to go on a rampage in a couple of years ago) All the fights at that school when I was there was done hand to hand, some would even say there was a "good" feeling of having someones blood on your own hands after teaching them a lesson. Which I think a lot will not feel or experience given so many use knives, guns etc.

I'm sure a lot of you watch Underbelly....Yes the Ibrahims went to our school and yes they were "THE" people of the 80's...fight the fight with your own means, with a smart mind and a quick fist not a "gang" mentality.
Mind you 3/4 of what you see is shit on tv,,,they were and Still ARE good people! (Well my mum would still have them round for dinner anyway lol)
Never seen an Ibrahim call for help (they always fought their own fights) , or start something they didn't believe in.

Yes it's easy to call for help, and it's bloody hard to stand and fight by yourself, and that is what the difference is between the so called " Generation X" and the so called "GenerationY"... Gen "X" fought 1 on 1 like their fathers did and somewhere along the way "Gen Y" found a back up plan.

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
*thumb up* --> "Yes it's easy to call for help, and it's bloody hard to stand and fight by yourself, and that is what the difference is between the so called " Generation X" and the so called "GenerationY"... Gen "X" fought 1 on 1 like their fathers did and somewhere along the way "Gen Y" found a back up plan. "
:O I have no idea that there is such a difference and my highschool life was kind of...peaceful and boring... i prefer how people fought in '80s.

"All the fights at that school when I was there was done hand to hand, some would even say there was a "good" feeling of having someones blood on your own hands after teaching them a lesson. Which I think a lot will not feel or experience given so many use knives, guns etc." <-- this is kind of..scary :} but I guess it's true ... beating up ur opponents by your bare hands would make u feel more like it's your victory....

xMaNx

HSC
A mobile version, or better yet, an iPhone app for bos.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Faster load times, less spam/trolls, an alternative fast-loading image-less theme (for surfing at public places or on phones where NSFW pics may arise), etc...

And a section for other studies outside of tertiary education- e.g. post-grad diplomas (CA)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Alternatively enforce a different set of rules for social vs. non-social boards. Many other forums on the net (e.g. GameFAQs) have successfully shown that you can have a few boards which have more relaxed rules, and on technical/genuine information boards, no flaming/trolling/off-topic/junk posts. Yes this is a form of censorship but at least it'll remove some of the useless flaming/swearing/junk posts which exist.

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
Re: What would you like to see on BOS 2007?

i totally agree,people do change their views and we wanna change our view too

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
i would reccommend being able to make a quiz on the actual site and posting it on the site

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Some kind of system where we could rate individual posts by users as being either good or bad, and where the points are tallied up such that our ratings have more weight if we are a better poster and have more positive ratings ourselves. The only problem would be what to name such a system... The status system?.. Rating system? Ah, it's on the tip of my tongue. There's a word to describe it perfectly. It think it starts with 'R'... Damn. This is going to be annoying me all night.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Some kind of system where we could rate individual posts by users as being either good or bad, and where the points are tallied up such that our ratings have more weight if we are a better poster and have more positive ratings ourselves. The only problem would be what to name such a system... The status system?.. Rating system? Ah, it's on the tip of my tongue. There's a word to describe it perfectly. It think it starts with 'R'... Damn. This is going to be annoying me all night.
It's definitely rating system that you're thinking of. There's never been anything else anywhere that even comes close to what you're getting at.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It's definitely rating system that you're thinking of. There's never been anything else anywhere that even comes close to what you're getting at.
Must be. No other possibility.

Rohanco

HSC
Needs an Android ap, I'm probably the 10th person to say this here, but an ap would be Awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)