What would you like to see on BOS? (2 Viewers)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
General ideas floating in my head include:

Intelligent discussion sub-section- people complaining about trying to have intelligent dicussions on non-sense when in reality it's really just used as a spam forum and intelligent discussions fade quite quickly, with a sub-section there is always a chance to re-ignite discussion about something- spam shouldn't be tolerated in this section.

Forum competitions - this could lead to the introduction of more rank symbols apart from the one you get for championing a arcade game, this would lead to better community spirit and interaction - which could ignite more flames on BoS

Maybe some form of special repuation for buy/sell to note repuation relating to buy/sell as general rep can be different and can lead to some scamming.

I used to be a forum moderater somewhere else(still fairly close with them) and these ideas definitely generated more traffic/audience and overall community.(apart from the special reputation, where people use vouch threads instead)

astroman

HSC
auto-refresh for forum posts, clicking whats new every time can get annoying

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I would personally like to see many of the dead links that are present at the moment fixed. I'm not sure if it's just my browser but

Privacy policy and terms of use are broken

Under "Quick Links" Open contacts popup is broken

Advertise and Premium are broken. About us redirects to the forum homepage

Forum Rules is broken

Victorian VCE redirects to what i presume is an archived/deleted section

Credit card guide and Careers guide are broken

Donate somehow resets the site to an old layout

Additionally, pages such as Scaling pretty much fully consist of dead links

I'm sure there are a few others that i encountered in the past but i think this gives a general idea. I am by no means complaining and this doesn't personally bother me too much at all. However, i believe things such as this go a long way in the sites overall presentation. Some may just be WIP's but though i should bring it up anyway

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
if i go onto the home page then the forum links are still there but they dont work properly, and are a bit distracting... but its not much of a problem.

Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 10.02.01 pm.png

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

turntaker

HSC
Stop using vbulletin please. Its very outdated and so 2003 ~

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yeah! I wanna know who here is a teacher by differentiating them with coloured name tags just as BLIT mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)