• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Love In The Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Absolutely stunningly written and invigorating. I honestly can't believe this was translated.

enoilgam

HSC

Absolutely stunningly written and invigorating. I honestly can't believe this was translated.
I have to say, that is a very unappealing title for a book (I know you shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but damn).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I've always been meaning to read some Marquez. I've heard that it's lovely narrative style.

I use goodreads to keep a track of all the books I want to read. (BoS book club anyone?)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I have to say, that is a very unappealing title for a book (I know you shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but damn).
Hahaha another one of his amazing books is titled "One Hundred Years of Solitude". He seems to have a 'type' when it comes to titles :p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've always been meaning to read some Marquez. I've heard that it's lovely narrative style.

I use goodreads to keep a track of all the books I want to read. (BoS book club anyone?)
Marquez is amazing. Definitely give One Hundred Years of Solitude a read.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Marquez is amazing. Definitely give One Hundred Years of Solitude a read.
^This.

Just finished 'How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia' by Mohsin Hamid. It was wonderful. That is all. Highly Rec.

Currently reading 'Behind the Beautiful Forevers' by Katherine Boo - so far, so gewd. Profound exploration of poverty... in a non-sad way.

I should really study for my trials.

kfnmpah

HSC
^This.

Just finished 'How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia' by Mohsin Hamid. It was wonderful. That is all. Highly Rec.

Currently reading 'Behind the Beautiful Forevers' by Katherine Boo - so far, so gewd. Profound exploration of poverty... in a non-sad way.

I should really study for my trials.
nah man fuck that you'll learn more from a book than from rote learning hsc content

jnney

lemon
HSC
Just started reading 'Everything is Illuminated', and I have no idea what's going on.

Aysce

HSC
"The Meaning of Things" by A.C. Grayling.

Addison8100

HSC
"The Hundred Great Persons"written by Michael H. Hart.
I love reading about history...good one in this regard...great book!!!!

DLMisme

HSC
I'm currently reading Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck. It's the third book in the series, I quite like them even if they are essentially Twilight but with tigers instead of vampires.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Diary of the crazy old man - Junichiro Tanizaki

Going to move on to a whole compilation of poetry and prose fiction composed by Christina Rossetti, which I'm looking forward to and possibly thinking of buying 'Sense and Sensibility' or 'Pride and Prejudice' (by Jane Austen for those of you who should know :haha: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)