What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

bhsrepresent

HSC
road to serfdom by friedrich hayek

interesting take of how state control ultimately leads to the destruction of freedom/ establishment of tyranny

bhsrepresent

HSC
also, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

ultra engaging! I recommend it if you're into philosophy disguised by violence and sci fi! :p

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
road to serfdom by friedrich hayek

interesting take of how state control ultimately leads to the destruction of freedom/ establishment of tyranny
This sounds interesting - might read it :)

Hopefully it has a less miserable ending than 1984 :haha:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I am looking to read any book that contains the following: Something relatable to a teenager's life 17-19, something with romance (not overdone).

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Hey guys, I am looking to read any book that contains the following: Something relatable to a teenager's life 17-19, something with romance (not overdone).
Never read it, but I heard Twilight is really good for that.

kfnmpah

HSC
nope. great as related material though
ugh

it's not exactly teen (i think it is from when the author was in her early 20's) but "Henry and June" by Anaïs Nin is magnificent. It actually reminds me of my journals/shit i used to talk to my friends about/think about when i was in year 12. there is romance, but yeah i'ts not over done. would recommend.

SuperMike96

HSC
I can't find the time to read a book that isn't for english or a textbook. #HSCinhibitsmytimetoread50shadesofgrey

enoilgam

HSC
it's not exactly teen (i think it is from when the author was in her early 20's) but "Henry and June" by Anaïs Nin is magnificent. It actually reminds me of my journals/shit i used to talk to my friends about/think about when i was in year 12. there is romance, but yeah i'ts not over done. would recommend.
This is still a thing - I thought keeping a journal was on the way out.

I can't find the time to read a book that isn't for english or a textbook. #HSCinhibitsmytimetoread50shadesofgrey
For some random reason, I ended up reading Looking for Alibrandi earlier in the year (I didnt have the time then either).

kfnmpah

HSC
i've kept journals on and off since i was like 10 or so

i think they've all been thrown out but it's totally still a thing. while i'm in bed (wake up or going to sleep) at least once a week- journal errythang

enoilgam

HSC
i've kept journals on and off since i was like 10 or so

i think they've all been thrown out but it's totally still a thing. while i'm in bed (wake up or going to sleep) at least once a week- journal errythang
Why do you keep one if you dont mind me asking? I kind of get the appeal, but I have a rule about writing certain things down on paper or on another physical medium (I learned from the Germans).

kfnmpah

HSC
I'm not too sure why, I've just always done it. I like being able to sit down and just release my thoughts on to something that's not going to judge me.
They're generally not 'today i did this and i talked to X and omg she told me about Y' just thoughts, I suppose.

I'm not concerned about anyone reading them- gossip is boring if there isn't anyone else to gossip with (even then, how boring). so I seldom write about any petty bullshit happening between my friends because it's a waste of time. the only thing I'd rather people didn't read about is sex stuff, but if someone did i don't know I'd be more concerned with the principle/fact that they invaded my privacy than what they read.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm not concerned about anyone reading them- gossip is boring if there isn't anyone else to gossip with (even then, how boring). so I seldom write about any petty bullshit happening between my friends because it's a waste of time. the only thing I'd rather people didn't read about is sex stuff, but if someone did i don't know I'd be more concerned with the principle/fact that they invaded my privacy than what they read.
I wouldnt really be worried about that - if I have a problem with any of my friends, I'd say it to their face (I hate fake nice) and my friends would be the same with me. But I think some thoughts are more or less private - not so much because they are incriminating, but because they are just private (I really cant think of a better way to describe it).

kfnmpah

HSC
I'd probably talk about whatever i write to my friends doe but they're not always around me so i just write it down idk it's just a habit

not related to journalling, but fake nice isn't a thing, stuff that happens with my friends is more someone smooching someone else so it's goss not bitching. there's totz a difference.

t0tz

enoilgam

HSC
I'd probably talk about whatever i write to my friends doe but they're not always around me so i just write it down idk it's just a habit

not related to journalling, but fake nice isn't a thing, stuff that happens with my friends is more someone smooching someone else so it's goss not bitching. there's totz a difference.

t0tz
I know there is a difference - I meant fake nice in a sense that you have a problem with someone, but you fake being nice to them and bitch behind their back. I'd just rather call the person an asshole or whatever to their face.

kfnmpah

HSC
i like to do both

i.e. my housemate leaving shit everywhere last year
i'd bitch here but i'd also tell her to pick up her shit

obvs if it was about something srs i wouldn't ~bitch~ doe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)