Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (2 Viewers)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
can we just talk for a second about how much this vid kills me?

[video]https://youtu.be/t-wgLFj6bbI[/video]

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
stahp it

I always die in the Amy/11 goodbye scene in Angels Take Manhatten :(
Not even kidding, it was seeing a bunch of gifs where she tells 11 go to her younger self who was waiting and tell her about the adventures etc that finally made me snap and start watching dr who from eccleston all those years ago. Now I'm in solid fandom territory.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Not even kidding, it was seeing a bunch of gifs where she tells 11 go to her younger self who was waiting and tell her about the adventures etc that finally made me snap and start watching dr who from eccleston all those years ago. Now I'm in solid fandom territory.
Wow!

What got me into DW was randomly watching The End of Time Part 2 with no context whatsoever and then I cried all of the tears and started from Eccleston and never looked back :)

Before that I had only watched The Shakespeare Code which I didn't dislike but at the time with no prior exposure to it I just thought it was meh

Kolmias

HSC
I started watching Doctor Who when Series One first started. I can distinctly remember watching Aliens of London/World War Three when I was five.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Orwell

HSC
I'm going to try not to read the posts on here. I have the biggest love/hate relationship with Doctor Who. Started watching the TV series from the ninth doctor, heard that's how you're supposed to do it, and I can't stop! I'm in Year 11, I really should tend to my studies and now all I'm doing is watching Doctor Who.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'm going to try not to read the posts on here. I have the biggest love/hate relationship with Doctor Who. Started watching the TV series from the ninth doctor, heard that's how you're supposed to do it, and I can't stop! I'm in Year 11, I really should tend to my studies and now all I'm doing is watching Doctor Who.
What are you up to in the show so far?

And may I ask what it is you dislike about it? :)

Orwell

HSC
Oh haha. I said love/hate because the only thing I hate is it's so addicting at a time where I need to be focused XD.

Told myself one quick episode before bed and I slept at 3 am after having watched the ninth doctor's regeneration and absolutely being blown away by the show.

Currently my most favourite TV show. I have a couple questions though if people don't mind answering,

1) What exactly is the rift/how'd it come about?
2) In order for the ninth doctor to regenerate, he had to first suck out the time vortex (?) from Rose, would Rose have died had he left it in her? Also, how come the TARDIS telepathically gave Rose the time vortex? Was it to induce her revelation of the meaning 'Bad Wolf'?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Oh haha. I said love/hate because the only thing I hate is it's so addicting at a time where I need to be focused XD.

Told myself one quick episode before bed and I slept at 3 am after having watched the ninth doctor's regeneration and absolutely being blown away by the show.

Currently my most favourite TV show. I have a couple questions though if people don't mind answering,

1) What exactly is the rift/how'd it come about?
2) In order for the ninth doctor to regenerate, he had to first suck out the time vortex (?) from Rose, would Rose have died had he left it in her? Also, how come the TARDIS telepathically gave Rose the time vortex? Was it to induce her revelation of the meaning 'Bad Wolf'?
1) It's a rift in time and space that basically bleeds energy (and sometimes objects or aliens are able to travel to Earth via it, which is explored in the spin-off Torchwood). As far as I can remember there is no concrete origin story, rather a plot device to get 9 to stop in Cardiff in Boom Town.
2) Yes, a human would have died as their bodies cannot function with that much time energy in them. The TARDIS didn't give her the time vortex, rather Rose opening the console (which shouldn't be done) sort of automatically transferred it to her. This gave Rose the ability to create the Bad Wolf message, thereby allowing her to discover that it was her that had done it.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me guys, it's been a while since I've watched Season 1.

Orwell

HSC
Cool. Appreciate it. Not going to lie, kind of wish the 9th Doctor had more time on the show. I'll persist though, lets hope David Tennant doesn't disappoint me.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Cool. Appreciate it. Not going to lie, kind of wish the 9th Doctor had more time on the show. I'll persist though, lets hope David Tennant doesn't disappoint me.
Yeah, me too. I feel like he's overlooked a lot because he only had one season and (because it was the first) had the worst(debatably) SFX & VFX. But tbh Chris IRL doesn't seem as passionate about the show as David, Matt and Peter. I know this shouldn't affect my enjoyment of their performances but not gonna lie haha, although it would've been great to see him return for the 50th Anniversary.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
something I've found with Whovians is that their first doctor is usually the favourite. I think tenant was great, smith was good, I'm REALLY enjoying capaldi, but eccleston is always going to be *my* doctor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)