Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Maisie Williams' character was generally poorly received by critics and fans and I found her incredibly tedious. I am still confused by the whole Hybrid thing anyway.
I found the character unlikable/irredeemable and I just think that Maisie physically didn't match the role.

I can't wait til later in the winter/spring when we will get to see the new companion though :D

Kolmias

HSC
I found the character unlikable/irredeemable and I just think that Maisie physically didn't match the role.

I can't wait til later in the winter/spring when we will get to see the new companion though :D
Yah. I want him to have a male companion this time so bad. The young white female companion who is the biggest fan of the Doctor is growing to be rather tedious.

Kolmias

HSC
And it's also pretty likely that Season 10 will be Peter Capaldi's last season as the Doctor (noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!).

We might have a female Doctor soon.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
And it's also pretty likely that Season 10 will be Peter Capaldi's last season as the Doctor (noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!).

We might have a female Doctor soon.
Aww nooo I was just getting attached to him :(

I think they'll chuck a Season 5 and bring in a new Doctor whenever they bring in a new showrunner, and possibly a new companion because until recently they were only on for one season anyways

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Kolmias

HSC
remember that part when I said I didn't want to watch the 2015 Christmas special because S10 is forever away........ I would say 'lol' but I'm too sad rn
Now Moffat is gone! :party:

No Doctor Who apart from some crappy Christmas special. What even is this?

Kolmias

HSC
Series 10 filming is going ahead starting in May anyway. It just won't be aired until Autumn next year.

Hopefully they can put a War Doctor mini-series out (just 5 or so episodes will do) but this seems unlikely at this current moment in time and space.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Moffat wrote the some of the best episodes but I strongly disliked most of his decisions as showrunner so I'm happy for the replacement. Wish it could've been Neil Gaiman but he has his own DW spin off and we know how well that worked for RTD lol and besides, Gaiman has no experience with running a show so it could be problematic.

Kolmias

HSC
Moffat wrote the some of the best episodes but I strongly disliked most of his decisions as showrunner so I'm happy for the replacement. Wish it could've been Neil Gaiman but he has his own DW spin off and we know how well that worked for RTD lol and besides, Gaiman has no experience with running a show so it could be problematic.
I quite liked the Sarah Jane Adventures when I was 11.

Still devastated over no new Doctor Who for this year.

Kolmias

HSC
I want to know who the new companion is sooooo bad.

The waiting is killing me.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I quite liked the Sarah Jane Adventures when I was 11.

Still devastated over no new Doctor Who for this year.
I've only watched the SJA eps with Matt Smith in them, wasn't really my jam but I love Torchwood (seasons 3 and 4 don't exist ok)

I want to know who the new companion is sooooo bad.

The waiting is killing me.
I don't think we'll know 'til winter at the earliest :(

Kolmias

HSC
I've only watched the SJA eps with Matt Smith in them, wasn't really my jam but I love Torchwood (seasons 3 and 4 don't exist ok)

I don't think we'll know 'til winter at the earliest :(
I watched the Children of Earth series when I was 11 as well and it scared the shit out of me. :tongue:

With the companion, I think they're still deciding on who it is. I think they have a rough idea though.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I watched the Children of Earth series when I was 11 as well and it scared the shit out of me. :tongue:

With the companion, I think they're still deciding on who it is. I think they have a rough idea though.
Yeah they're defs actively casting at this point it's just due to the lack of a season this year I don't think they'll announce it as soon as they cast. I think we'll just have a few names floating about for a while and then they'll confirm it closer to when they're about to film the Christmas Special.

Kolmias

HSC
My English and Science teachers are both massive Doctor Who fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)