Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
I literally just watched it and came straight here to say
OMFG I AM DEAD
I'm not sure what the rules regarding spoilers on BoS are though :/
The next episode is apparently featuring only the Doctor and a monster

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
The next episode is apparently featuring only the Doctor and a monster
Yeah I saw the little teaser for it, he looks alone and lost with some random thing chasing him.

Although Amy was always my fave companion, Clara had really grown on me so I'm super sad :( But she was the longest running companion in the reboot so I guess it was inevitable. I have a theory that she'll be returning in the season finale maybe as a different version.
But omg I can't wait for River to return at Christmas!

Kolmias

HSC
Yeah I saw the little teaser for it, he looks alone and lost with some random thing chasing him.

Although Amy was always my fave companion, Clara had really grown on me so I'm super sad :( But she was the longest running companion in the reboot so I guess it was inevitable. I have a theory that she'll be returning in the season finale maybe as a different version.
But omg I can't wait for River to return at Christmas!
I must be one of the few Whovians that finds River to be annoying and she seems fake as well.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I must be one of the few Whovians that finds River to be annoying and she seems fake as well.
Oh :( I never got that impression, but I feel like her character is sort of convoluted as well. Like if you try and map out her entire life year by year it gets kind of weird.... like they kidnapped her then raised her in Florida? Then let her run off on her own (as Mels) and then kill the Doctor, god knows how many years later? I think in trying to make her so complex and fascinating they kind of overdid it, but I love her so I overlook it lol.

Similarly, it would have been so easy for them to make Clara's death so massive and make it this big plotline with the Impossible Girl and stuff - so I really like how her end was small and personal. Although tbh I wish Rigsy was in real danger because I don't like that she died for nothing at all, it would've been better if she had at least died to save a father. For me, at least lol.

Kolmias

HSC
Only two more episodes left of this season. The episode titles are Hell Bent and Heaven Sent.

Kolmias

HSC
Series finale on tonight everyone. 7.40pm on ABC 1.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
One of my pet peeves has always been the Doctor not remembering enough about his past lives - I mean I know it's kind of inevitable but idk to me it contradicts some his values that are most important to me and makes the show have less worth. I.e. "In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. Nek minnet cut to 12 who says "BUT YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT" every 2 episodes lol or in Last Christmas when he was like "Sorry what were your names again? I deleted you."

tl;dr - I'm bummed that there's now literally a whole chuck of shit that he can't/won't ever remember, besides the small snippets he knew, obvs.

I do have one question though, if anyone can help me...
When he was trapped in the confession dial, did he know that if he confessed at any point he'd be taken to Gallifrey anyway? And just persevered for some other reason? Or did he think the only way out was to stay and bash the wall for billions years?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
One of my pet peeves has always been the Doctor not remembering enough about his past lives - I mean I know it's kind of inevitable but idk to me it contradicts some his values that are most important to me and makes the show have less worth. I.e. "In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. Nek minnet cut to 12 who says "BUT YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT" every 2 episodes lol or in Last Christmas when he was like "Sorry what were your names again? I deleted you."

tl;dr - I'm bummed that there's now literally a whole chuck of shit that he can't/won't ever remember, besides the small snippets he knew, obvs.

I do have one question though, if anyone can help me...
When he was trapped in the confession dial, did he know that if he confessed at any point he'd be taken to Gallifrey anyway? And just persevered for some other reason? Or did he think the only way out was to stay and bash the wall for billions years?
He knew that he had to confess and he would be free, but the Doctor didn't actually know anything about the Hybrid. He just made it look like he knew. And then he figured out that he could still escape by persevering for 4.5 billion years at the diamond wall until it eventually broke.

TL;DR

The doctor knew confessing would free him, but he didn't have anything to confess, so manually punched his way out.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
He knew that he had to confess and he would be free, but the Doctor didn't actually know anything about the Hybrid. He just made it look like he knew. And then he figured out that he could still escape by persevering for 4.5 billion years at the diamond wall until it eventually broke.

TL;DR

The doctor knew confessing would free him, but he didn't have anything to confess, so manually punched his way out.
Oh yeahhhh okay thanks :)

omg did anyone else catch it when Me said Summer won't last forever.... hehehe winter is coming

Kolmias

HSC
Oh yeahhhh okay thanks :)

omg did anyone else catch it when Me said Summer won't last forever.... hehehe winter is coming
I see what they did. Trying to appeal to the GoT fans. :p

Anyway, what an episode to end a superb series. Much better then last year's anyway.

Kolmias

HSC
I watched The Caves of Androzani yesterday. Superb.

You can stream it for free if you search caves of androzani in Dailymotion.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
They pretty mcuh runined with the whole Cyberman-Brigadier -saluting-the-Doctor shit.
Really? I thought it was a nice send off to the character that'd be appreciated by fans of Classic Who. Then again they did give him a mention in Closing Time so I can sympathise if you think it was a waste.

I watched The Caves of Androzani yesterday. Superb.

You can stream it for free if you search caves of androzani in Dailymotion.
I really wanna watch Classic but I think I'd rather watch it all in order. I'm holding out in the (unlikely) hopes of them recovering all of the missing episodes

Kolmias

HSC
Really? I thought it was a nice send off to the character that'd be appreciated by fans of Classic Who. Then again they did give him a mention in Closing Time so I can sympathise if you think it was a waste.

I really wanna watch Classic but I think I'd rather watch it all in order. I'm holding out in the (unlikely) hopes of them recovering all of the missing episodes
Start by watching the best ones from each Doctor. I started watching the Fifth Doctor's Enlightenment, then Fourth's the Deadly Assassin, then Seventh's Dragonfire (which was really campy), then Fourth's Robots of Death, Fifth's Black Orchid, and I am currently watching Sixth's the Ultimate Foe (which is part of the season-long Trial of a Time Lord story)/

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Start by watching the best ones from each Doctor. I started watching the Fifth Doctor's Enlightenment, then Fourth's the Deadly Assassin, then Seventh's Dragonfire (which was really campy), then Fourth's Robots of Death, Fifth's Black Orchid, and I am currently watching Sixth's the Ultimate Foe (which is part of the season-long Trial of a Time Lord story)/
I watched all of the "best of ___ doctor" videos from that Welsh channel you linked before which made me excited to watch Classic but I don't think I could just straight up watch the eps out of order.... I'm one of those people.

Every person in my life insisted I watch the Star Wars original trilogy before the prequels but I just could not watch them out of chronological order! And I'm still alive so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)