Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
I watched all of the "best of ___ doctor" videos from that Welsh channel you linked before which made me excited to watch Classic but I don't think I could just straight up watch the eps out of order.... I'm one of those people.

Every person in my life insisted I watch the Star Wars original trilogy before the prequels but I just could not watch them out of chronological order! And I'm still alive so
TARDISArchives also made me excited to watch Classic Who as well!

Link for you mcchicken: http://www.tor.com/2012/07/30/how-to-who-on-starting-to-watch-classic-doctor-who/

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Alright guys I watched the Christmas Special!!! Just my quick thoughts:

- I didn't like how long it took her to recognise him.... just no. Fair enough if not on first point of contact and bc she thought/knew he didn't have anymore regens left but after he kept hinting and shit, come on
- I loved the opening bit where the TARDIS is trying to cheer him up and gave him antlers haha. It was the closest mention of Clara/mourning we were going to get
- The scene where she goes on about how he doesn't love her was a) a bit over the top and b) bad for me because I totally ship them
- I loved the build up to what ended up being their date at Dirilium like when he tells the guy to build a restaurant omg
- Then I loved how he "got a new suit, gave her a sonic screwdriver and cried" justttt as she mentioned happening on their last date at the Singing Towers in Season 4
- When he said "a night on Dirilium is 24 years" I died of happiness because yay but then when I thought about it I don't think I liked it because in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, she doesn't know that it's their last date :( I mean I know timey wimey and time can be rewritten but stillll ehhhh
- I felt a mention of Amy/Rory was missing.... as if one of them didn't ask the other about them

I feel like the point of this episode was to give us/River closure before Moffat leaves because her character is entirely his creation and he probs wanted to nip her up before leaving and risking someone else finish her story in a direction he didn't like.

Anyways, it was a bit cheesy (coming from me, a total cheeseball!) but I didn't mind too much because I'm just so glad we got to see her again as I had given up tbh lol. What did you guys think? If you can even remember lol I'm a bit delayed

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Alright guys I watched the Christmas Special!!! Just my quick thoughts:

- I didn't like how long it took her to recognise him.... just no. Fair enough if not on first point of contact and bc she thought/knew he didn't have anymore regens left but after he kept hinting and shit, come on
- I loved the opening bit where the TARDIS is trying to cheer him up and gave him antlers haha. It was the closest mention of Clara/mourning we were going to get
- The scene where she goes on about how he doesn't love her was a) a bit over the top and b) bad for me because I totally ship them
- I loved the build up to what ended up being their date at Dirilium like when he tells the guy to build a restaurant omg
- Then I loved how he "got a new suit, gave her a sonic screwdriver and cried" justttt as she mentioned happening on their last date at the Singing Towers in Season 4
- When he said "a night on Dirilium is 24 years" I died of happiness because yay but then when I thought about it I don't think I liked it because in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, she doesn't know that it's their last date :( I mean I know timey wimey and time can be rewritten but stillll ehhhh
- I felt a mention of Amy/Rory was missing.... as if one of them didn't ask the other about them

I feel like the point of this episode was to give us/River closure before Moffat leaves because her character is entirely his creation and he probs wanted to nip her up before leaving and risking someone else finish her story in a direction he didn't like.

Anyways, it was a bit cheesy (coming from me, a total cheeseball!) but I didn't mind too much because I'm just so glad we got to see her again as I had given up tbh lol. What did you guys think? If you can even remember lol I'm a bit delayed
Remember, River "borrows: the TARDIS without him ever noticing. A lot can occur in a bathroom break. It might be 24 years for the people of Dirilium, but for the two of them... it can be as long as they want it to be.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Remember, River "borrows: the TARDIS without him ever noticing. A lot can occur in a bathroom break. It might be 24 years for the people of Dirilium, but for the two of them... it can be as long as they want it to be.
It's not the period of time that bothers me it was more the fact that in Season 4 she clearly is unaware as to why he was sad the last time she saw him but now she obviously knew why he was sad.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
It's not the period of time that bothers me it was more the fact that in Season 4 she clearly is unaware as to why he was sad the last time she saw him but now she obviously knew why he was sad.
She hadn't yet done research into the Twin Towers of Dirilium and the fact that the rumours were that it would be their last night together. Also, did she look at her diary? If she didn't, that might explain it as she may have briefly forgotten that her diary was distinctly beginning to run out of room.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
She hadn't yet done research into the Twin Towers of Dirilium and the fact that the rumours were that it would be their last night together. Also, did she look at her diary? If she didn't, that might explain it as she may have briefly forgotten that her diary was distinctly beginning to run out of room.
But the River in S4 is older than this episode's River so they both are aware of Dilrilum's significance. I'm sure Moffat's answer to this is just timey wimey time can be rewritten blah blah though so I guess I should just let it go haha

Kolmias

HSC
It was a bit timey wimey that ep.

Anyhows, we will have 13 episodes plus a Christmas special for this year's series.

Kolmias

HSC
woooo :party:

I wonder if we'll be able to see the budget cuts in the form of lower quality episodes/fewer special guest stars
Get rid of the guest stars: they don't add anything of value.

Even if the BBC make the worst season in Doctor Who history (which is unlikely since we are coming off the two most highly rated series of Doctor Who ever), I'll still watch every episode.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Get rid of the guest stars: they don't add anything of value.

Even if the BBC make the worst season in Doctor Who history (which is unlikely since we are coming off the two most highly rated series of Doctor Who ever), I'll still watch every episode.
I agree with the guest stars thing

If a famous actor really wants to be in the show for the right reasons then they won't pull a Harrison Ford, they'll do it for a reasonable amount of $

I wasn't really a fan of Maisie Williams in S9 at all :/ I like her in GoT but I don't think she was the right actress for the role

Kolmias

HSC
I agree with the guest stars thing

If a famous actor really wants to be in the show for the right reasons then they won't pull a Harrison Ford, they'll do it for a reasonable amount of $

I wasn't really a fan of Maisie Williams in S9 at all :/ I like her in GoT but I don't think she was the right actress for the role
Maisie Williams' character was generally poorly received by critics and fans and I found her incredibly tedious. I am still confused by the whole Hybrid thing anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)