Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Then why this "Arsenal fans have a reason to be worried" talk when Wenger himself said Vieira is going nowhere? We're not selling our captain or our best players.
Wenger made that comment quite a while ago, thingz can change quite quickly in that period of time, az Gerrard have shown.

Maybe Juve are willin to offer Emerson fo Vieira...? Haha

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Wenger made that comment quite a while ago, thingz can change quite quickly in that period of time, az Gerrard have shown.

So you're saying that one fine morning Wenger could just wake up and think "Yes, let's sell our captain and our best midfielder to one of our European rivals for a cut price deal."

Now I'm worried :rolleyes:

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Buggdogg said:
2-1 he goes to Chelsea as part of their quest to sign every midfielder whose ever played the game.
i second that...just to see the arse and their fans lose a good player needlessly to a rival club....and just to piss off Hectic :D

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
HeCtic said:
So you're saying that one fine morning Wenger could just wake up and think "Yes, let's sell our captain and our best midfielder to one of our European rivals for a cut price deal."

hey don't bet against it....juve just won serie A..the arse were a very very distant second in the EPL and if he wants to go somewhere where they have a chance of winning things, then juve seems like a good destination....don't forget owen went to real madrid when noone thought he would AND for a cut price deal considering what a classy striker he is....and i think real's a european rival of every other top european club seeing as they're always one of the favourites for the european cup every year

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
do you consider 14 mil. as a cut price deal? it's cheap for someone like viera but hardly cut price.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
A2RAYA said:
hey don't bet against it....juve just won serie A..the arse were a very very distant second in the EPL and if he wants to go somewhere where they have a chance of winning things, then juve seems like a good destination....don't forget owen went to real madrid when noone thought he would AND for a cut price deal considering what a classy striker he is....and i think real's a european rival of every other top european club seeing as they're always one of the favourites for the european cup every year
-He's won trophies at Arsenal for the last three seasons. Real and Juve have previously offered double the amount they're reportedly offering today. Arsenal didn't sell then, why are they going to sell now?

-Owen wanted out, Liverpool were happy enough to let him go. Bad comparison.

-Real are favourites simply by repute. They're worse performed than Arsenal over the past few years it's a step down for him to go there.

Pretty much everything people are going by is heresay and what-if's. All I know is I've heard Wenger and Hill-Wood(Arsenal chairman) say he's not leaving and that they're discussing a new contract. Enough for me.

Crazy Horse

HSC
A2RAYA said:
don't forget owen went to real madrid when noone thought he would AND for a cut price deal considering what a classy striker he is....
Nah got to disagree with this. Owen was to be expected. He had a year on his contract left and that’s why the club accepted such a low price for him and he wanted to leave + if my memory serves me correctly I’m pretty sure we had someone come over to us with the 8/9 million.

Edit: Anyone of the same mind that Gerrard and Carra are looking real attractive in my sig?? :D

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:

Vieira didn't have the best of seasonz last time around, Wenger might well think hez worth the price Juve are offerin, and whatever that comez wit it.

And Antonio Nunez came wit the package in the Owen deal.

Ah well just wait and see, the paper kept sayin SWP and Essien were goin to Chelsea fo quite a while now and still nothin haz materialised yet.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Vieira didn't have the best of seasonz last time around, Wenger might well think hez worth the price Juve are offerin, and whatever that comez wit it.

And Antonio Nunez came wit the package in the Owen deal.

Ah well just wait and see, the paper kept sayin SWP and Essien were goin to Chelsea fo quite a while now and still nothin haz materialised yet.
Wenger might consider selling him? Even though he said a week ago he was staying? That's all we're meant to be going by?

Clutching at straws anyone?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
apparently its arsenal that want 14mil - juve offers 5mil plus appiah... juve claims arsenals price is too expensive ...lol this from the club who just turned down chelseas mega dollars for trezeguet

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
apparently its arsenal that want 14mil - juve offers 5mil plus appiah... juve claims arsenals price is too expensive ...lol this from the club who just turned down chelseas mega dollars for trezeguet

Really?

Juve managing director Luciano Moggi said two weeks ago: “We want a midfield partner for Emerson — and our wish is to buy Patrick Vieira if Arsenal are willing to sell.”

Last night he added: “Arsenal don’t want to sell him.

“I haven’t said that he is too expensive.
In any case we will have to meet them again.”

-From The Sun.

^___^
HSC
hmm

Capello will only splash out big money if he think its worth it..so i'm not too sure if he wants Vieria that bad, cos he hasn't been playing his constant best for the last 1.5 seasons. Althought the idea of Emerson + Vieria looks really good on paper.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Gilberto from Arsenal that is

Also Juve are gay and will never get Viera.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I heard he can play all across midfield, but was brought in mainly to compete with Ljungberg on the right. Good to get a midfielder in after Edu left I guess.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
If Vieira leaves Arsenal, I'll put a pic of Frank Lumparse in my sig for a month.
Hehe

BLANKET DENIALS ON VIEIRA DEAL

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood and Juventus director general Luciano Moggi have both denied they are negotiating the transfer of Patrick Vieira.

The France international midfielder has made the back pages yet again this week, with another summer transfer saga set to develop.

Reports indicate Juve have already offered £5million plus Stephen Appiah for the Gunners skipper, but Arsenal are said to be holding out for £15million.

However, Hill-Wood insists he is unaware of any Highbury discussions involving the club's driving force.

"This is all news to me," Hill-Wood told Sky Sports. "There is maybe something in it, but I certainly know nothing about it.

"And I think that if something were going on, I would know. Everything is fine with Patrick as far as I'm aware."

Speculation increased when young Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli gave an interview to Italian newspaper Tuttosport in which he was quoted as saying that Vieira "wants to go" and that his departure would be "a great loss".

But Bianconeri transfer kingpin Moggi has also made a denial on behalf of the Turin giants.

"There have never been any negotiations over Vieira," Moggi told L'Equipe. "I went to London recently for other players, not Vieira. I did meet with (Arsenal coach) Arsene Wenger, but that's because he's a friend of mine - not to discuss Vieira's transfer."

Very good friendz indeed. :rolleyes:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i read that viera looks more like hitting 20 mil, which is believable. maybe if viera goes, hleb can try to ease into viera's role.

what are the odds of getting julio baptista?

HSC
If I was the manager of Juventus, I would;
- Sell Trezeguat (sp?) to Chelsea for the 30-40 they were prepared to offer for him.
AND
Use that money to buy
-Gilardino (2 years in a row, 2nd highest goal scorer in the italian league and he just or is turning 23 soon) - Would be able to get him for 16-20 mill.
-Use the left over money to buy Vieria

AND Juventus would still have money left over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)