• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Dougie said:
now that i'm living in england for a year, i've always wondered what compells ppl on ther other side of the world to go for the big 3 or 4? it seems the english hate glory seekers, but i reckon there are better reasons than that out there!
It's entertainment value. Being partly of Dutch extraction, I started going for Arsenal because of Overmars and Bergkamp. I've been hooked since.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
And Man Utd iz still the only English team to have won the treble. ;)
If another team does the same then I bet United fans will start saying "we were the first, we were the first!" :D

LMF^^ said:
Also just noticed Michael Crokerz commentz about Ben Kennedy after last nightz Origin decider.

The fiery Crocker said: "It's a man's game - that stuff's best kept for soccer."

Hm.... :rolleyes:
What happened with Kennedy? I didn't watch the Origin so you might have to elaborate a little...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i never actual realised how crazy and loyal the english are about football (argh, been in england too long)...
i mean soccer. it's like it's a religion here, even for the conference teams and under! everyone knows someone who played in the big league.
and just to make the you jealous (esp. the chelsea supporters), chelsea's training ground is down the road from me. i regulary see duff, lampard, terry, and cole at my local shops! you should see the houses they live in, the money they have is a whole different world!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Dougie said:
now that i'm living in england for a year, i've always wondered what compells ppl on ther other side of the world to go for the big 3 or 4? it seems the english hate glory seekers, but i reckon there are better reasons than that out there!
Because they're glory seekers. It's like that over here because of the over-exposure of the big names instead of showing lesser teams.

Up Bolton.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
If another team does the same then I bet United fans will start saying "we were the first, we were the first!" :D

What happened with Kennedy? I didn't watch the Origin so you might have to elaborate a little...
If Chelsea had won the treble last season I wouldn't have had much to say.

And Crocker made a "high tackle" on Kennedy and he fell to the ground like he got knocked out.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Family. My fathers side have been loyal Man U supporters since my great-grandfather began following them in the mid 1920's. My mum's side are Liverpool followers and I chose to support Liverpool as does one of my brothers. My other brother supports Man U...
Damn thatz some family.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Dougie said:
Family. My fathers side have been loyal Man U supporters since my great-grandfather began following them in the mid 1920's. My mum's side are Liverpool followers and I chose to support Liverpool as does one of my brothers. My other brother supports Man U...

Dougie said:
i never actual realised how crazy and loyal the english are about football (argh, been in england too long)...
i mean soccer. it's like it's a religion here, even for the conference teams and under! everyone knows someone who played in the big league.
and just to make the you jealous (esp. the chelsea supporters), chelsea's training ground is down the road from me. i regulary see duff, lampard, terry, and cole at my local shops! you should see the houses they live in, the money they have is a whole different world!
I don't care too much about seeing them other than on the football pitch but what I am jealous of is the way football is worshipped. I would love for the same to happen here....

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Damn thatz some family.
Sorry about that - I wanted to put my two reply's together...:eek:

LMF^^ said:
And Crocker made a "high tackle" on Kennedy and he fell to the ground like he got knocked out.
Crocker said: "It's a man's game - that stuff's best kept for soccer"

All those tackles must have something to do with his neuron-deficient brain which clearly is the reason for his useless and amateur comment.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
[HTML=http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=289917&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Juve+open+Vieira+talks&channel=football_home]Juve Open Vieira Talks[/HTML]

Now here's one I didn't see coming..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
but whats more interesting..Figo is almost certain to join Liverpool
...but they will only accept him if they don't have to pay any transfer fees. I'm pretty jealous because I have a portuguese background and Figo is one of my favourite players.

^___^
HSC
hmm
i don't know bout Figo coming to utd..he will be more of a bench warmer anyway cos we have giggs and c.ronaldo..and Figo is a waste being a backup for either players...

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I assume from the thread on the other page Viera could be going to Juve. I like Juve so I hope he doesn't but there's nothing more satisfying than seeing the Arse lose out on something.
2-1 he goes to Chelsea as part of their quest to sign every midfielder whose ever played the game.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I know Arsenal ain't stupid, they wouldn't sell Vieira if they don't get anythin good in return. I don't think the transfer cost iz relatively attractive, so I'm just interested in what Juve have to offer.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I know Arsenal ain't stupid, they wouldn't sell Vieira if they don't get anythin good in return. I don't think the transfer cost iz relatively attractive, so I'm just interested in what Juve have to offer.
Then why this "Arsenal fans have a reason to be worried" talk when Wenger himself said Vieira is going nowhere? We're not selling our captain or our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)