• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Why would they want to make your side stronger anyway seeing as though any transfer fee spent won't impede on future spending.
I get where your coming from but I think if a player is going to be put on the market and Chelsea offer a substantial amount more than any other opponent - I just don’t see how any team could refuse.....
Besides if a club does refuse to sell the player to Chelsea and they've only got a season or two left (like Gerrard)- the player can head there for free after their contract ends. What a waste for the club then!

HeCtic said:
None of the big clubs wanna touch em with a stick after their tapping up shite, stiffing on the Kaladze deal last minute, sacking Mutu and then wanting compo etc.
Although they did sack Mutu from their squad it would have been specified by their lawyers that he could not play with another team before a certain amount of time. He was going to begin playing with Juve before his contract for them would have indicated and that’s why they wanted compensation.

slip

HSC
Many of the G14 clubs dont have a huge transfer kitty. Still many do, but if Chelsea cant buy from G14 clubs they will be more determined to sign quality from non G14 clubs, meaning they will be forced out bid the G14 clubs, instead of letting a player go and then buying off a G14 club.

Either way I am not concerned, i think the G14 is making a mistake if they carry through. Meanwhile if chelsea land gilardino then they have a trophy winnign squad for more then 5 years.

I believe they will sign gerrard for less then 35million.

As I mentioned before lampard, terry, cech, duff, robben, gerrard, del horno, gilardino

all around for the next 5 to 10 years and then you still have many other quality players at the club.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mourinho said no one will get paid higher than Frank Lampard, who earnz 90,000 a week. So money must not be the issue fo Gerrard. I believe my thoughtz were correct, he must have felt that Liverpool didn't love him enough.

AC seemz to have dropped out of the race fo Gilardino, while the future of Crespo iz still uncertain. It don't look good fo the rest of uz if the blue scumz do get their handz on Gilardino.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
gilardino is still uncertain, tho juve looks better as time goes on. still milan have a chance of getting gila but yeh ...i see milan and juve as the main contenders, tho theres rumour that the new owners of parma may want to keep him after all and price him out of the market(bit strange considering they loaned out frey). Gila has said that he wishes to remain in italy, so real and chelsea are very unlikely options....

crespo is definitely going to chelsea, especially after vieri has signed. the kaladze deal went off i think because milan wanted crespo and offered kaladse as part of a package. but as chelsea grew keener and keener for crespo, the deal was cancelled (and they got del horno)

edit: apparently juve still havent turned down a 50 mil bid (seriously...) by chelsea for trezeguet, which increases the chance that they might sign gilardino... and profit hugely from the idiots that write chelseas chequebooks

also despite what he says, theres next to no chance of gattuso leaving milan in until he's very old.. some years ago maybe, but not anymore. everyone has some wishful thinking that will never happen... maldini was once a diehard juve fan.

Last edited:

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Gerrard Makes Liverpool U-turn

From planetfootball.com

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has made an amazing U-turn by deciding to stay at the club.

Gerrard had looked to be on his way out of Anfield after telling the club he wanted to leave on Tuesday.

The England international rejected Liverpool's offer of a new deal late on Monday night, paving the way for a move out of Anfield.

Chelsea had seen a bid for the midfielder turned down on Tuesday and they looked to be favourites to land his signature.

However, Gerrard after mulling over his future, has decided to stay at Liverpool and the news is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez and everyone at the club with The Reds beginning the defence of their European Cup next week.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry revealed the amazing twist on Wednesday morning, claiming Gerrard was now set to sign a new deal.

"Steven's decided to stay," Parry told Sky Sports News. "He realises how much the club means to him; genuinely, it's a little bit like last year, perhaps even more dramatic.

"I think the language he's been using to us even when he said he was going, he never said he wanted to go as he said it was so difficult, I don't think I can come back; he never said he wanted to go.

"The last 24 hours he has reflected on it and thought it through and he wants to stay.

"I couldn't be more delighted and, from my point of view, it is what we wanted all along.

"I apologise to Stevie if I've misread his emotions. I guess I thought after Istanbul I thought we knew where we were going, but it was obviously praying on his mind.

"He was anxious and he genuinely felt club wasn't as enthusiastic as we might be about keeping him and there were one or two issues with the contract he took to be perhaps a lack of enthuasism on our part, which it wasn't, but he understands that now.

"We had some emotional moments together and cleared all that and I don't think it will happen again.

"There were a few late night phone calls and a few very early morning calls this morning and I think he just wants a couple of days to go away and clear his head now.

"It hasn't been easy for him but, as far as we're concerned, it's the right decision."

Parry believes Gerrard will now sign a new improved deal to extend his stay at Anfield.

"I think it's hammered (a new deal). I don't think it's an issue," added Parry. "We all understand what is required and that's the easy bit.

"I think to be fair to Stevie, he's not staying because he was concerned about negativity. The point I made to Stevie on Monday was think of the fans in Istanbul, think of the positives, how can you leave that? And I think that's been on his mind.

"It is not a decision for negative reasons he found it complicated but it was always difficult for him to say he wanted to go and I'm more certain than ever that he's fully committed and this is where he wants to be."

When asked if the latest development would mean Chelsea and Real Madrid could forget about signing him, Parry added: "Absolutely."

well well well...i bet diana's happy now :D....i'm glad honestly...if man u can't have him i'm glad chelsea can't either

HSC
Heartbroken to see Vieri leave, I was just about to order a replica jersey with his name on it this week! :p

The strange thing is that no one from the Inter camp really cares, President Moratti was calm and fully of praises for Vieri. Seedorf and Pirlo went to Milan and owned everyone before them - I am just really pissed off with the whole Vieri saga. He has scored over 110 goals in seasons and often in the last two seasons was rotting on the bench.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i'd still prefer to keep crespo over vieri, but since its a free transfer, vieri is adequate. but dont you think adraino/martins should be starting anyway? tho cruz is kinda crap (why they persist with him is beyond me) and recoba was underused for years and has gone down the hill too.

oh and just for you:
:p

Crazy Horse

HSC
A2RAYA said:
well well well...i bet diana's happy now :D....i'm glad honestly...if man u can't have him i'm glad chelsea can't either
God yes! Although he appears extremely fickle - I'm still so damn happy his staying on with us. :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Stupid Gerrard, think befo you speak.
But itz good publicity, he definitely knowz how to be a celebrity.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Wow Gerrard, way to earn the hate of half the fans at LFC. Make up your damn mind before opening your mouth.

I'd forgive him, but I want to see a 4 year contract extension. We can't have this rubbish with him every 2 years.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Stupid Gerrard, think befo you speak.
But itz good publicity, he definitely knowz how to be a celebrity.
Sure knows how to cause controversy....

Benny_ said:
Wow Gerrard, way to earn the hate of half the fans at LFC. Make up your damn mind before opening your mouth.

I'd forgive him, but I want to see a 4 year contract extension. We can't have this rubbish with him every 2 years.
I’m extremely glad his staying! I do agree that many fans were really annoyed at him and the shirt burning is evidence of their anger but the masses are fickle and most are probably in love with him again by now..

STEVIE: THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I find it funny how they burn Gerrard shirtz, I would never burn somethin I pay mo than $100 fo.

Well then again maybe money don't mean a thing to Liverpool fanz. :rolleyes:

T

timbk2

lol. i wonder what the guy who burnt his gerrard shirt would be thinking now.

but then again.. it could have been scenes like that, that made gerrad change his mind.. who knows.. anyway.

i hope he never does this again.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
If Gerrard signs a 4 year extension, as it seems he will, I think he'd have just about won everyone back. That'd be another 3 years at least without having to worry about his contract.

slip

HSC
glad gerrard stayed, hopefully it will mean a more competitive epl season all round.

and from now on chelsea should only be refered to as 'english champions chelsea'

thank you for your future compliance!

Crazy Horse

HSC
slip said:
from now on chelsea should only be refered to as 'english champions chelsea'

thank you for your future compliance!
haha - Then you better start referring to the Reds as "European Champions Liverpool" and I’m pretty sure the Arsenal fans are going to want you mentioning that their the FA Cup holders as well....

Until then - Chel$ki it remains ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
And Man Utd iz still the only English team to have won the treble. ;)

Also just noticed Michael Crokerz commentz about Ben Kennedy after last nightz Origin decider.

The fiery Crocker said: "It's a man's game - that stuff's best kept for soccer."

Hm.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
now that i'm living in england for a year, i've always wondered what compells ppl on ther other side of the world to go for the big 3 or 4? it seems the english hate glory seekers, but i reckon there are better reasons than that out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)