Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
HA! sif

Real missed the qualifiers deadline to get Viera...but sif they need him to beat some bulgarian or romanian or austrian or whatever team... still quite a while to 31st of august ..... has maniche agreed to join arsenal yet?

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Yeh, 3rd reply.

Van Nistelrooy is injured for 1month, there goes Man Utd's chances of a good start to the season. Arsenal arent lookin like they are gonna get first anymore, with Viera gone they lack a world-class holding midfielder.

bennynoel

Man losing Van Nistelrooy doesn't mean shit, it hasn't ruined their chances of a good start. They'll use Saha and Smith. Saha is way better than Van Nistelrooy, and Smith is a solid, very hard working player. They'll be fine. And I'm not even a Man Utd supporter.

Liverpool all the way!!!!!!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
"Smiffy" scored 56 goals in 228 games for Leeds.

Compare that to Heskey who scored 60 in 229 games for Liverpool.

Granted Leeds have been shit for the past couple of seasons but even then he's nowhere near Ruud as far as a goalscorer or even an all-round footballer is concerned.

Arsenal should still challenge strongly in the League with or without Vieira, there's too much class in the squad for that. The dream replacement is probably Xabi Alonso or Baraja, but realistically we might get Maniche or van Bommel with just a few days left till the season kicks off, which mightnt be too bad.

Anyone know anything about this Javier Mascherano chap from River? Apparently all the Argie papers are running the story that he's signing for us. I shoulda payed more attention to the Copa America.

permy

HSC
Chelsea have the team who will win it this year boys...you will see, with all those stars n then just look at all the players they let go of dey r set

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
but can all those stars play togethor as a team, consistently over 38 games?

We know Arsenal's squad can, and since this Chelsea squad is already very different to the one that challenged well last season I don't know many Chelsea fans who can confidently say they will be able to get results consistently enough over the course of a season.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ... farken hell chelsea have a great team of players, the question remains can they play as a great team?

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Fantasy Premier League!!! I'm in ...
Good luck all and hf ... what r ur line ups like?
Henry = 13 !!! I'm bankrupt, i have like two Norwich players in my 11 ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^is one of em Bentley? I got him in mine, bargain cos he'll start every game and will do well.

Anyways, injuires have ruled out 5 players who were in my original squad so after transfers it now loks like:

Given
L.King
Hyypia
Mellberg
Southgate
Hitzelsperger
Lumpard(c)
Kev Nolan
Barry
Yakubu
Bentley

Subs:
van der sar
Volz
Campo
Stead

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
nice ...

from memory ...
sorrensen kiely
lauren toure mellberg
gerrard izzet lazaridis (cheap ass norwich player, will probably change to bently, thx hectic ;))
angel forsell baros

goonercat

HSC
Ziggy Arsedust are in with:

Sorenson
Cole-Mellberg-Southgate
Pires-SWP-Malbranque-Campo
Henry-Bentley-Hasselbaink

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well Nolan out and Parlour in, Barry out Rommedahl in and Stead out Davies in for my team now ;)

Cat, you in the TWG one as well?

goonercat

HSC
Am indeed. Won't do too well though. I have a strict 'No Cunts' selection policy.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Barr frankie i feel i satisy those requirements too, altho I would classify Hasselbaink as quite a cunt on your side, good thing we had Martin sort him out for us back then.

goonercat

HSC
That's a pretty big 'bar'. He's your captain! And not a single Arsenal player too. Have you no shame??

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
He's only my captain cos Sol is injured and he picks up lotsa points. Behind Titi he picked up more than anyone last season, and I can't afford to waste 13 points on one player.

As for the lack of Arsenal players, theyre way too expensive for value and I don't know how many games the better value guys like Edu, Reyes, van Persie will get this time around.

I feel Bentley and Ray keep the goonerness of the side at a good level ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)