• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh, goodie, Harry Redknapp reckons Arsenal have signed Carrick. He will do very well.

Pires reckons Vieira is going to Madrid too.

Juve's move for Mutu breaks down as well.

Also first game fo the season to start tonight, Arsenal 2nd's vs Manyoo 2nd's. Good to have it bac

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
hmm.. Rafa Benitez is doing a great job throwing out the trash at the Pool, Murphy's off as well now to Spurs for 2 mil. I'm still hoping he'll somehow sign a pacey CB and someone decent for a RF. I've heard some disturbing rumours that Smicer's replacement will be Graveson :S

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I don't know about disturbing, I reckon Graveson is very good.

Maybe not Champions League quality but he'll do well in England especiallyat a top side like Pool.

HT Arse 0 - 0 Manyoo

Excellent game so far, very open, Pennant and Neville both missed sitters and lots of chances so far. Arse shading it so far in my opinion!!

eyebrowman

HSC
3- 1 Arsenal way hehe

one more week til EPL starts weeee
anyone know when does la liga and seria a start? same weeK?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Rofl ahh Arsenal is already winning shields

:D , LoL and thank you very much Silvestre for that great contribution to Arsenal's win

Also from my various matches ive been playing in Fifa 2004 i have already won basically every tournmanet ive played with Arsenal so thats gotta be some kind of sign

Hey and i see Pennant is back as well!!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes hectic i rate gravesson as a very good player also, he played very well for denmark in all competitions, very solid player speaking of denmark i now have 3 all in midfield ... rommedahl, gravesson and the gronk have made their way into my side ...

T

timbk2

Me and Copious play for Strathfield All ages, in the canterbury premier league. div4

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Poo, Liverpool make official bid for Xabi Alonso :(

I don't want them to actually sign good players!!!

T

timbk2

mad. cant wait.

i hope owen stays but. (and actually gets back on form this season)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah it's good news, but he still doesn't solve our RM or CB problems. I hope Owen goes personally, have you heard the rumours that he might be going to Madrid in exchange for Eto'o or Morientes + 10mil? It's a bit out of left field, but Morientes IMO is at least Owen's equal at the moment, and a canny Gaffa like Rafa can really bring in some at least a quality defender and/or RM.. I'm thinking Shaun Wright-Phillips..or thinking big, Joaquin. Damn rumours are getting to my head.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Owen didnt play in Liverpool's 2-0 win (a brace from Stevie G) over Graz last nite. Altho Benitez said this was for tactical reasons, picking Cissé & Baroš upfront instead ;)

If Morientes doesnt play in Real's game 2moro it shall b very interesting to see wot transpires over the next wk....

But if Owen does go, he'd be 3rd choice behind Raul & Ronaldo whereas at the Reds he's probly 1st choice

T

timbk2

I think benitez will sign Alonso and a big name right winger by the end of the transfer window.

i think owen will stay with liverpool and viera will go to RM 2morro maybe.

Off the top of my head.. my fantasy side top 11 is:

Shwarzzer
N'Gotty, Mellberg, Upson
Diop, Lazaridis, Kewell, Shuan Wright-Phillips, Savage
Cisse, Henry

HSC
eyebrowman said:
anyone know when does la liga and seria a start? same weeK?
I think Seria A starts late August/Early September, cant remember the date.

We got any Inter Milan fans in here? This is the season the Nerazuri finally win the Champions Leauge/Seria A. We've signed so well, we are going to the top.

I hope. :D

T

timbk2

SBS might not be showing any more Premier League due to them not being able to afford FoxSport's tv rights asking price. That'll be so shit.. i love watchin the live games.

and cant afford to sign up to foxtel.

SBS prolly wasted all their money on getting half the rights to the olympics. I'd much rather prefer to see the premier league than under 21 squads running around for 2 weeks.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Hooray for foxtel :)

It's now a basic essential for European football lovers. Premiership on Fox Sports, Serie A, La Liga, Dutch League, Champions League on ESPN!!!

However I do feel for guys who don't have it/can't get it, they must be spitting chips about this!!

One positive is that SBS say they will try to expand their Champions League coverage, and get Serie A games and Spanish highlights. If they can pull that off it might break the Aussie myth that the Premier League is the be all and end all of football in the world. I know plenty of Italians who are excited about this and say they won't miss the Premiership at all!!

I agree with you about the Olympic Football timbk2, it will be a piss poor competition again and we won't remember who won what a few weeks later. A glamourised Junior World Championships is all it is.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
I think Seria A starts late August/Early September, cant remember the date.

We got any Inter Milan fans in here? This is the season the Nerazuri finally win the Champions Leauge/Seria A. We've signed so well, we are going to the top.

I hope. :D
INTER SUCK!!!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
oh fken Fox Sports

yes they do show all those leagues... but their priority in showing soccer is around 5%

Infact sometimes they would rather show a 1970 Golf Game over Soccer........

yes and the commentators are crap....

Die fox sports!!!!

AND YES i am angry Viera is leaving!!!!!!

and we arent even getting Carrick no more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)