• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Wow .... Liverpool continue to recruit great players this season, surely they are going to have to trim their squad down sooner of later? :p

They just spent another £5million (AUS$11.7million) on midfielder Mohammed Sissoko from Valencia - see here. Liverpool have had great signings - Boudewijn Zenden, Jose Reina, winger Mark Gonzalez and fullback Antonio Barragan from Seville.

slip

HSC
Gilardino wont go for less then 30mil, as that is what acparma need to stay afloat. I wish his transfer would be wrapped up so that bresciano and grella can have a better look at what they are doing next season.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
inter really do need someone to replace vieri. has everyone forgotten he scored at a rate of knots for inter in the past few seasons? adriano took over that role last season but i think inter should not hesitate to get gillardino to play up front with adriano.

HSC
Imagine Inter playing 4-3-3 with Gilardino-Martins-Adriano attack. I said imagine, this will never happen in real life though, as Gilardino is only willing to move to one team, AC. But if you play Manager, this is very possible :)

slip

HSC
imagine chelsea rotating lampard, makalele, robben, duff, cole through the midfield and having close to the best defence in the world.

oh wait they do.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
And that's why everyone loves Manager, suspend reality and form a team that would scare the Russian Mafia.
Manager Upside 2: Get rid of the players in the team that you support (control) that you hate (everyone's got that one guy they wish would leave the squad) and just to piss them off you continually fine their ass for no reason. They get disgruntled and you celebrate victory.

As for Gilardino, Martins and Adriano, I'm pretty sure I could shut that attack down. I'm quicker, stronger and a better stopper than they are finishers. I wouldn't even need a goalkeeper.....or other defenders...or midfielders.

Inter was right to get rid of Vieri I reckon. Too many injuries and he's not young anymore. If only he'd come back to Oz.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
A lot of shit playerz in real life are top playerz in CM, ppl like Gronkjaer are equivalent to Robben.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Yeah on some of the old school ones people like Jay Bothroyd get named well player of the year. The only shit thing is its rigged for Italian temas because they're always the teams you play in the champs league final even teams like Roma who suck balls in real life.

I play football manager 2005 these days but its still the same problems. (and goodness too). I love the fact you can watch match highlights, text seems so inferior now

^___^
HSC
hahaha

i only used like 2 worldclass players in CM and i won the treble 2yrs in a row with Inter :|

and these so called Worldclass players were Lucio *cough* and Davids

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Yeah i don't use any either i just buy unknowns from strange countries. Generally I buy guys under 20 and would rarely ever spend more than a million pounds on a player. If you buy all the big names it defeats the purpose of the game because you should discover and foster the talent yourself.

And Lucio and World calss, I think a cough was being polite. What a hack!

^___^
HSC
haha
yeah the only big money move i made in that game was lucio (buying out his contract for like 9 million pound) and ayala for 16 million... i actually sold some of my players for a really unreaslistic price too!!

ver der meyde - 28 million rofl
gily gonazles - 16 million
crespo - 19 million
cannarvaro - 6 million eh, he wasn't happy so i let him leave

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
That's like a twisted universe, because you got the least amount of money for the best player in cannavaro. I like to scout all countries in the off season and go through the teams and pick young players that i think could go somewhere. You put them in the reserves, thow them in that deep end when theres an injury and see how good they. You'd be amazed at what a golmine the leagues of ireland are. I've plucked about 10 guys from there and some are now the most important players in the team and seasoned internationals.

I bought a guy from south africa for $250 000 and he scored over 200 goals in under 10 seasons. What a freak.

$9 mill is alot to pay to buy out a contract. I play the waiting game and just wait till the 6 months before it expires and get them on bosmon. That's how you pick up the big names - cut out the transfer fee. I'll wait a couple of seasons if I have to. I'm a bit of a tight arse with wages, I don't want players strolling in and me throwing wads of cash at them, they have to earn it.
I run a real tight ship.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm way passed the CM/FM stage, I play solitaire instead.

Nothin much happenin in football theze dayz, unless of courz you're interested in the Gold Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)