Scared of being cyberbullied (1 Viewer)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Lol ask him that it's not something scary to come and write your mind out. So ask him to give it a try once all his fears linked with it would go away. ;)

Look... people also neg rep me but I don't step back or get nervous of their views about my posts.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Ok ask him to come here once, if someone bullies him, we're gonna fight for him. *naughty*

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So he's scared of BoS cyberbullying? Who cares? It's a bunch of e-warriors that he's never ever gonna meet, and that he's never even gonna know who they are.

If it's school cyberbullying - that's different.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Yeah lol but the problem is that he wants to use BoS but he's scared to do so. So in response to your question, he cares.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
No offense but I don't think many of the people in this thread are very nice. You've all called my friend either a coward or a sissy or have somehow suggested it. That's not kindness.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
really. what is so scary about cyber bullying.

if you dont want to get bullied cyberly then gtfo, dont come on the net where you're gonna talk to people.

or you could come but dont talk :S

imo. if they dont know who you are like here on bos and they have a go at you. get over it. not a big deal.

scora

HSC
dude, as if you'd be scared to be trolled/flamed by a bunch of nerds on BoS

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
well, it's just like real life, isn't it? if you stick to making non-offensive comments/posts and stay away from the more subjective topics, you're less likely to get cyberbullied. at any rate, bullying happens out of BoS as well. you can't retreat from life and lock yourself up away from everyone else just because you're scared that a couple of people disagree with what you're sayig. alright, in this case you could, but that's hardly the point.

seriously, if he starts out in the school section and doesn't try out non-school too soon, he should be fine.

ilikebeeef

HSC
He wants to use this site's forums because he finds them very useful but he's scared of all the cyberbullies here.
ilikebeeef's Newbie's Guide to BOS Survival (I would classify someone as a newb until their post count reaches 100, unless they sound like they know the place well)
Only Post in: Secondary Education, Contact Moderators or Site Help
Avoid posting in: Other topics especially Non-school and NCAP. However if you are interested in the types of games/clothing/whatever that is being discussed, feel free to post in these areas. Don't openly diss things though.
Be: Aware of the reports system, mods are there for a reason
Don't be: An idiot or a troll.
Do: Rep people and be a genuinely nice and open person (however, stand up for yourself too).
Don't: Neg people.
Make some: friends
Join: open and large groups such as "I LOVE FOOD" and "Procrastinating? Me too." to show that you're not just a lurker who does nothing. If you join I LOVE FOOD, then participate in discussions such as "what is your favourite food?". No one will flame you there unless they're a retard.

But do the pros outweigh the cons?
Yes, otherwise we wouldn't be on this site. :)

lol. Most aren't bullies. They're just upfront about their opinions.
Qft.

He's scared of getting dissed just like how some people dissed me.
It's a dog-eat-dog world. Jks.

I think it is how you perceive it really. I don't get offended by posts which disagree with mine, in fact, it makes things more interesting, and sometimes I learn something new, and learning is good. For sexist/racist comments I just get amused at how ignorant they are, then just report them. No problems.

Tell him just to post neutrally, and not to post in the politics or news section (sure to get you some enemies). If he has questions in regards to school I'm sure it'll be fine. People who cyber bully are cowards anyway, well, people who bully in general. They're insecure and looking for rep from others who are just as bad as them (pack mentality on the web). If anybody says anything to him that isn't pleasant, it's best to ignore it, but I doubt he'll fall into that.
+1. A few trolls won't bring down a community of cool people.

maybe you should give your account to him for him to make his first post.
and then when he finds that its not too frightening, get him to slowly make posts using his own account
+1. That's an excellent idea.

Tell him if anyone picks on him...

K Tully has his back.
Ya, me too.

I'm a newbie supporter. ^ . ^

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a little intimidating at first.
Hence, why it should be avoided at first. Why send them to a forum section first which has that intimidatation factor.

JRO

HSC
Look firstly, your computer is like a veil, always bloody is. You can say whatever you want to anyone or about anything (within reason) and not have to 'face' the person 'face to face', and the likelyhood of you knowing THAT many people on here is rather small. So, that being said, say what you like, and do not take anything anyone says hurtfully to heart because frankly, you don't know nor do you need to know them just as much as they don't really know you. If they offend you, just walk away as it were.

This site is awesome for help, and most people are willing, so really, just give it a shot and be surprised.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
what is so scary about NS?

just go in there and make friends.

also lol that is a horrible guide ilikebeef. post in whatever topics you are interested (computer games) where you will find like minded people to make friends with?

how hard is that lol

ilikebeeef

HSC
what is so scary about NS?

just go in there and make friends.

also lol that is a horrible guide ilikebeef. post in whatever topics you are interested (computer games) where you will find like minded people to make friends with?

how hard is that lol
If the newbie likes the types of games that are discussed there, than yes that would be fine. But if they don't, then I wouldn't advise it. But I'll make a correction to my guide anyway, thanks. :)

FabricLive

Banned
HSC
non-school is basically this forum's /b/ no matter how hard they try to clean it up

also everyone who posts in there knows everyone else irl so it's a pretty tight community

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Everybody my friend announced that some time in noon today he was going to post about some book in the English forum. Please be kind to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)