Scared of being cyberbullied (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I've got some friend who's apparently scared of posting on this site because he doesn't want to get cyberbullied. I told him that it doesn't matter what other people say but he's still terrified. He has heaps of questions to ask but he always tells me to post them because he's scared of some BoSers cyberbullying him. What advice can I give him to stop being so stupid?

EDIT: Mt friend has overcome his fear of being cyberbullied. This thread is officially over.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Say 'Stop being such a sissy you nitwit'

Then when he stops crying say:

'See, now you know real bullying is worse.

Seriously, I personally think cyberbullying is overrated, but tell him to join and if anyone picks on him, tell me.

klaris

HSC
Tell him to grow a pair.

On second thought, don't say that. Tell him we will all be very nice to him ;)

When I began posting on here I was pretty naive to BoS "rules" and learnt that is pretty much like life. There are dickheads everywhere.

Just tell him to join and ignore negative comments. :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Send a private message telling who it is, I'll personally convince him (as personal as you can get over a website LOL). I'll keep an eye on him.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Say 'Stop being such a sissy you nitwit'

Then when he stops crying say:

'See, now you know real bullying is worse.

Seriously, I personally think cyberbullying is overrated, but tell him to join and if anyone picks on him, tell me.
I'm not entirely sure that's the best approach...

Show him the options for reporting posts and abusive messages - if there's any posts that are cyberbullying or otherwise overly nasty, us mods will happily deal with it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As long as he doesn't post any contact information, the cyber bullying is easy to stop. Simply stop using the site. That's all it would take for him to resolve any problems if they come up.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
He wants to use this site's forums because he finds them very useful but he's scared of all the cyberbullies here.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
lol. Most aren't bullies. They're just upfront about their opinions.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I'm not entirely sure that's the best approach...

Show him the options for reporting posts and abusive messages - if there's any posts that are cyberbullying or otherwise overly nasty, us mods will happily deal with it.
No offense but I don't think that reporting abuse stuff makes much of a difference. I've heard of a couple of complaints that have gone ignored.

klaris

HSC
Yeah. We are not a pack of savages. Most of us will help out. This is what the site was created to do.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, but just make sure that comments by a BoS group get into a newspaper and BANG! banning rampage. Remember December?

Dude tell him mods aren't inactive, they can ban anyone any time they want pretty much if enough attention is raised and if your friend get's cyberbullied, rest assure, we will raise attention.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
lol. Most aren't bullies. They're just upfront about their opinions.
I don't think that would console him. I don't know he ha some wacko idea that BoS is a bit outlawed because some people who are apparently 'cyberbullies' are very popular and have all these friends and cybergangs. Apparently nothing has been done to them. I could name a few of these apparent gangsters but I'd prefer not to lol.

klaris

HSC
yeah. seriously tell him to harden up and learn kickboxing or something...

klaris

HSC
"cybergangs" - hahahahahaahahaha. do they have cyber-motorcycles as well?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I don't think that would console him. I don't know he ha some wacko idea that BoS is a bit outlawed because some people who are apparently 'cyberbullies' are very popular and have all these friends and cybergangs. Apparently nothing has been done to them. I could name a few of these apparent gangsters but I'd prefer not to lol.
Yeah, but these 'cybergangs' usually pick on one annoying troll (ad infinitum/comingupforair/sultun/ayatollah) who is a prick to everyone else anyway. Plus many of these members recently got banned (December).

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Yeah, but these 'cybergangs' usually pick on one annoying troll (ad infinitum/comingupforair/sultun/ayatollah) who is a prick to everyone else anyway. Plus many of these members recently got banned (December).
That list doesn't include the one he's most scared of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)