How was the first day of year 11? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're in Year 11. There's a long way to go. :)

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Still in my first day ;)

IPT is fun to just sit around.

-JD

HSC
pretty bleh..

already considering changing bio.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Blargh my Chemistry teacher seemed like a big bludge. He's also my Physics teacher.

Those are also the two subjects that I especially wanted to do really well in. FML! D:

itszen

HSC
today i learnt that thinking about going to sleep DISTRACTS you from actually sleeping.

i had to wake up at 6:30 after only getting to sleep at like 4, though i wasn't extremely tired.

also when we were given our timetables mine was so screwed up i carried on a distressed frenzy for 2 hours, 3u english wasn't on there and they put me in music, a subject i didn't even pick as a reserve. and then i got stuff fixed but also found out that i have my 3u english lessons in the fricking morning at 8, and living on the opposite side of sydney to school i NOW HAVE TO LEAVE HOME AT 6 EVERYDAY WE HAVE ENGLISH!
Same here. I got English Ext.1 at 8am on mondays and thursdays and for week a wednesdays,mondays, and thursday.And im struggling waking up every morning. Also, i have to read emma by friday next week AND my theme for this term is Feminism and im the only guy there out of 9 other girls. Though it would be cool beating them at their very own game kind of thing.

chevlr

HSC
For the first lesson of physics we learnt how a millimetre was a thousandth of a metre, and spent half the lesson on questions like that, just like the year seven maths questions. hmph... i thought physics would be a lot more interesting...

silence--

HSC
nothing special. a lot of writing in eco but no homework in anything, even maths o_0

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For the first lesson of physics we learnt how a millimetre was a thousandth of a metre, and spent half the lesson on questions like that, just like the year seven maths questions. hmph... i thought physics would be a lot more interesting...
LOL, it gets more interesting (and a lot harder) than that. Trust me.

-JD

HSC
LOL, it gets more interesting (and a lot harder) than that. Trust me.
Aerath, how would you say Physics is for someone competent at mathematics and how mathematically heavy is it?

Considering changing from Bio, first day my teacher is incompetent and can't control the class (this is especially an issue seeing as quite a few troublemakers are in the class, its all fun and games but I actually want to learn this year lol) and its hard to understand he/her when they speak. Plus Bio isn't looking too thrilling.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Aerath, how would you say Physics is for someone competent at mathematics and how mathematically heavy is it?

Considering changing from Bio, first day my teacher is incompetent and can't control the class (this is especially an issue seeing as quite a few troublemakers are in the class, its all fun and games but I actually want to learn this year lol) and its hard to understand he/her when they speak. Plus Bio isn't looking too thrilling.
Lol, well, my bio experience (had 1 lesson so far) has been pretty good...nice class, not too many people, good friends...good teacher (controls the class)...I was thinking about changing to physics during the holidays..but I was like meh...What if i fail at it..lol, it involves a lot of maths...while I am doing mathematics (2U-adv)...I think this is enough Maths for me lol....(If this becomes too hard I would properly drop to Gen maths...+ my school has subject lines...and My VET: IT course is in the same line as physics...so in order to do physics i would have to drop VET:IT (which i haven't had a class for it yet-but seems very promising...very practical XD), and the teacher teaching it is awesome!!!)..SO thats a big call for me to take physics lol...and if i drop bio i have to pick another subject which I have no desires for me...proberly business stud or VET: BS are the only available subjects i would choose to replace bio..and physics would replace vet IT...but, this tis not gona happen, because I like where I am now :)

And my school only allows 1 time change, so if you change and you don't like it, tough luck lol..I probably drop bio in yr 12 anyways.....

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Same here. I got English Ext.1 at 8am on mondays and thursdays and for week a wednesdays,mondays, and thursday.And im struggling waking up every morning. Also, i have to read emma by friday next week AND my theme for this term is Feminism and im the only guy there out of 9 other girls. Though it would be cool beating them at their very own game kind of thing.
You have english ext at 8AM!? so lucky. Mine STARTS at 7:45am ==" and so much maths homework today (4 worksheets + 10 excercises) dued by Monday.

musing

HSC
The first day was okay. The environment is COMPLETELY different from my old school.

I'll have to get adjusted to it soon, sigh.

CecilyMare

HSC
oh yeah, homework load. we didn't get any for english although we got this thick bunch of sheets filled with poetry and questions we'd be going through later and she told us to glance through or something. We had a bio prac and she expects the prac done by tuesday as well as a little research thing to do with the history of microscopes =\

5 really easy questions for math, 4 of which i did in class and most of the class also probably finished it. so really, no hwk for math so far.

we got a sheet for chem on the first day. I didn't do it that night, didn't know the teacher expected it done straight the day after D:

we didn't get any hwk for ancient history, and all we did the 2 lessons we had so far was pick out items from the teacher's garbage bag and discuss what we could conclude from them if we didn't live in this age. we also put broken plates together.

in modern we did heaps of questions about historical sources and i still have to draw my life in nazi germany timeline :(

MATHSCAPE

HSC
compared to some of you guys, i shouldn't be complaining about my homework load so far. :p

Rage_Quitter

HSC
HORRIBLE

I tried talking to the new girl in our grade. What happens? REJECTION!!! She told me that I was very weird.... I'm depressed...

Gah, Today was not worth going... We didn't even get anything done in class. Come on teachers, are you stupid?? We need to learn more. It is our Prelims now..

Basically, it was prep-talk all day. Except Maths. Horrible! Why? Because my teacher is kinda stonered and sounds like he doesn't know anything about Maths. I mean, the girl that rejected, even knew more than the teacher. Come on, you should know about radians??? Am I right?

adriano_negr0

HSC
Ive only got hw for bizzo. havent had maths yet. have 3 periods of maths on a wednesday lol. cant wait till i get my ps but so i can bail in frees.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Year 11 was enjoyable, and the excitement still remains. Every lesson of math we get about 10 pages, which take me about 2-3 hours to do at home and during my frees, but I'm surprised I don't hate it. I actually enjoy it lol. Getting to do my own subjects are the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)