How was the first day of year 11? (2 Viewers)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
chillax people, not even back to school yet.

klaris

HSC
I agree with dux.

Speaking of which I replied to your PM like three nights ago :p

ilikebeeef

HSC
Yeah, all SBHS/SGHS students HAVE to choose 3U English. If you're not doing 3U Maths (there's only like 15 kids that don't do 3U Maths out of 210 kids in Year 11), then you have the option of 1U SOR or Photography etc.
Haha, and I thought my school was quite dictating, making everyone do English Advanced. :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha, and I thought my school was quite bossy, making everyone do English Advanced. :p
Well, I think making students do English Extension 1 can help them gather skills (particularly with regards to context), which they can gain later on in the Advanced course in Year 12. For a lot of kids, incorporating context into their essays was first done in Year 12 in Module A, however, at schools that force students in Year 11 to do EX1, they learn to do this in Year 11 - which I think is an awesome idea.

dux&src

HSC
Well, I think making students do English Extension 1 can help them gather skills (particularly with regards to context), which they can gain later on in the Advanced course in Year 12. For a lot of kids, incorporating context into their essays was first done in Year 12 in Module A, however, at schools that force students in Year 11 to do EX1, they learn to do this in Year 11 - which I think is an awesome idea.
True.

HSC
Don't want to burst your bubbles, but the excitement dies down really quickly. Like first period quickly. You get work on the first day (well I did), and it's basically same old school again. Our senior uniform is rather annoying tbh (skirt and blouse), the dress was way more comfortable. I want my dress back :( ...off on a tangent, but anyway :) yeah, it's nothing.

CecilyMare

HSC
Yeah i hate our senior uniform. i swear it's 5 times thicker than any of our junior uniform compartments

ilikebeeef

HSC
That's true. However, when you can do only 12 units max, if you do MX1, you can only choose 3 non-English/maths subjects. If that happened at my school, I would have been so screwed to be unable to drop Extension English to pick up Physics. Lol.

dux&src

HSC
Hardly anything lasts.

dux&src

HSC
I'm not even excited for the first day back for term 2 of year 12.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Wow, am I the only one who was genuinely excited about the first day of year 11?
I mean, come on guys! New uniform, new teachers, new classes, and you're finally allowed to study only the subjects you want to study!
My excitement never really died down :). That sounded incredibly sad, I know.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, am I the only one who was genuinely excited about the first day of year 11?
I mean, come on guys! New uniform, new teachers, new classes, and you're finally allowed to study only the subjects you want to study!
Negative, English gave me a lot of hard times.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I hope the excitement never dies for me. :p

ilikebeeef

HSC
first day wasnt any different from starting any other year. lol@ some of you being excited-it will quickly go. Workload was much heavier in year 11 so thats something youll need to get used to.
+1.

I'm not even excited for the first day back for term 2 of year 12.
Same here. :\

Nothing wrong with that. :)

adriano_negr0

HSC
yer I'm nervous as I am going to be a newbie in a new environment

but im excited to be doing decent subjects and to start up abit of study for once

HSC
Sometimes I wish to be at a new school.

How fun would it be being the new kid?

I will never know what that feels like :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)