General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

Blurgh

HSC
I think the the big bang is different as it was the theory saying the universe began from a singularity while the expanding universe theory suggests that galaxies will continue to move apart and there was only one big bang. (The other theory was pulsating/oscillating universe theory)
They can't be that strict. Most of my friends wrote big bang, we're on the right track, it's the same idea... right?

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
If only you guys who struggled with the last question had visited this thread!
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=270727
^2nd post

:D

I saw that last night but was too tired to really think about it. Got into the test this afternoon and saw the question and wanted to slap myself. I just filled the space with ramble about genetically modified foods from what I remembered from food technology and then how cloning and IVF are often met with divided interests and blah, blah, blah.

So thats like what? Maybe 4 marks if I'm lucky? :mad2:

NoProblem13

HSC
I wrote that too. How gene manipulation is effecting ethics/beliefs. Probably totally wrong, but i had no idea what it was.
Well at least we are not alone on that one!! Im sure we will get some marks for it, they do look to give marks not take them ;)

Lina3

HSC
Guys it said a theory about the ORIGIN of the universe...expanding universe is not a theory about how it originated.

zombies

HSC
I'd be happy with something in the 80s, worst case scenario would be in the 70s.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Multiple Choice - Kinda Meh (Not extremely hard or easy)
Short Answers - Pretty Good and easy

CrackerMo

HSC
N/A
I know i got like 3 wrong so far...prob lose more marks in last question and discover some more silly errors... I'll be safe and aim for 80+ =="

premskies

HSC
does anyone have any idea what they think will be cutoff mark for band 6?
and dont want any smartass answers (e.g. 90+ = band 6 because we all know there is scaling/aligning involved)

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)