General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
nooo!!! I want to believe!!!!
Well, fundamentally and via minimally abstract association steady state theory could be correct. They might be generous. What im saying is that the balloon expansion analogy was created with the intention of referring to big bang expansion

Small percentage that they will accept, I think.

Last edited:

Lina3

HSC
Oh my ! Someone with the same mind as me !
I want to kill myself, i mean i must've overcome a split personality to think that "Bio" meant "hydro" !
What's worse is that i was fully confident until they collected the papers and i realised, i wrote "BIO" instead of "HYDRO"
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

You just made my day ! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

haha, that's so cute, but oil galvanises the water + nail, so it would rust, but not the most.
Either way i got that question wrong, i put water + nail *DOOM*

Anyway, ALL OF US made a bunch of silly mistakes that we want to slit wrists for .. but what's done is done. *slits wrists*
For me that's too true. I wrote precipitation instead of hydrosphere, K2HO instead of KHO for potassium hydroxide (I had KHO before but decided to change it for some stupid reason), and 'scattered matter e.g hydrogen' for what the dots represented on the balloon question....so that's three marks already GONE!

Last edited:
HSC
Biotechnology was pretty easy. :D My class had to do a powerpoint on it, and I did DNA Fingerprinting. The only reason I remembered any of that was because my friend couldn't get his DNA to spiral in the ppt, because he didn't know you had to be in presentation mode to do that.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For me that's too true. I wrote precipitation instead of hydrosphere, K2HO instead of KHO for potassium hydroxide (I had KHO before but decided to change it for some stupid reason), and 'scattered matter e.g hydrogen' for what the dots represented on the balloon question....so that's three marks already GONE!
Isn't it KOH not KHO? Hydroxide is OH-

Eg155

HSC
does anyone know which circuit was the parallel one? That one totally thew me because of the position of the ammeter. I put D but now im thinking it was A...

sam57

HSC
Yeah its KOH for potassium hydroxide, i put KHO :angryfire:

Also for the people that think that the balloon question is red shift, its in the science focus textbook, its GALAXIES moviing apart and is the BIG BANG theory. Red shift if part of the DOPPLER EFFECT like blue shift and hence is not the theory they are looking for (i think).

BTW for the Nebula short response i put nebulae cloud....any thoughts?

Eg155

HSC
at least you got the chemical symbol for potassium right. i put Na for sodium. for some reason when i see potassium, i think Na :S stupid mistake all round:(( and it's a facebook group- 'k' lol

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
does anyone know which circuit was the parallel one? That one totally thew me because of the position of the ammeter. I put D but now im thinking it was A...
I'm 99.69% sure that it was D

Charles Bean

HSC
I found the test difficult, but still, way too much time was allowed. I spent the last forty or fifty minutes trying to pass out on those shitty little tables desk things. I actually had a pretty good nap.

Eg155

HSC

Also for the people that think that the balloon question is red shift, its in the science focus textbook, its GALAXIES moviing apart and is the BIG BANG theory. Red shift if part of the DOPPLER EFFECT like blue shift and hence is not the theory they are looking for (i think).

couldn't you put starts because technically galaxies are made of stars pulled together by gravity?

yea, i put nebula.

Blurgh

HSC

I put Nebula but i reckon they'd give you the mark because as i said earlier, you've got the right idea.

As for the balloon question, i put planets. Now i realise how stupid i was.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I put Nebula but i reckon they'd give you the mark because as i said earlier, you've got the right idea.

As for the balloon question, i put planets. Now i realise how stupid i was.
I wrote planets, stars, suns, etc. xD
I hope they consider it to be right (please be lenient) since they are all part of a galaxy!

sam57

HSC
the idea of the (pathetically stupid year 3 project) that involves blowing up the balloon, is supposed to represent the different galaxies moving away from each other as with in an expanding universe

onedirection

HSC
i wrote expanding universe theory as well
and for the chemical formula i wrote NaCl because that's the only chemical formula i remember... :D

hayabusaboston

HSC
Okay people so is it KOH or KHO or can it be either? Because hydroxide has a hydrogen atom and an oxygen atom, should it matter which order you put them in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)