General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

zombies

HSC
I didn't think red shift was in the syllabus.. maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember learning about it in class. I think that's in the yr11 syllabus.

CrackerMo

HSC
N/A
Hey, can anyone tell me if iron nails rust faster in water or salt water?

Blurgh

HSC
I didn't think red shift was in the syllabus.. maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember learning about it in class. I think that's in the yr11 syllabus.
Second. We didn't learn it in class, nor did i see that in my text book.

HSC
Red shift is evidence not a theory in itself. We did the experiment as well... Red shift is the doppler effect - red shift is based on the absorption of helium. The more red shifted the light the further away the star.

zombies

HSC
Second. We didn't learn it in class, nor did i see that in my text book.
Yep. I think a lot of schools would be learning extra content rather than just the BOS stuff (my school does a a bit extra but not much) and so you guys are probs just already doing some yr11 work.

starryblue

HSC
umm...guys, the science test is over so chill...good luck for maths/history and geo tomoz! :)

Deliriously

HSC
Is expanding universe theory same as Big Bang?
I think the the big bang is different as it was the theory saying the universe began from a singularity while the expanding universe theory suggests that galaxies will continue to move apart and there was only one big bang. (The other theory was pulsating/oscillating universe theory)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)