General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

starryblue

HSC
ok...maybe it's just me but i found section 2 pretty hard...i wrote crap for majority of the qu. :L

Blurgh

HSC
I think I did well, seeing I didnt study one little bit! For the last question I wrote about genetically modified organisms, is that right at all? I did also talk about a heap of other stuff because I had NOO idea what it was!
I wrote that too. How gene manipulation is effecting ethics/beliefs. Probably totally wrong, but i had no idea what it was.

premskies

HSC
I guess if the answer for the balloon question is all matter is expanding/moving outwards, any answers like galaxies/planets or stars would also be correct?

HSC
I put red shift (expanding universe) theory.

whereby when you blow on the balloon, the stars grow further and further away.

Ali95

HSC
N/A
I put galaxies and the big bang theory.

For the question that you had to plot the graoh, did you just plot or did you have to join the dots with a line of best fit? (BTW I'm not that great at science so don't laugh if I sound dumb!)

premskies

HSC
^hard. im pretty sure they wanted galaxies and the big bang theory.. red shift sounds too specific for my liking.. i mean, how many people /100 were thinking red shift?

premskies

HSC
btw, doesn't the big bang theory pretty much sum up the red shift theory in it?

HSC
I put galaxies and the big bang theory.

For the question that you had to plot the graoh, did you just plot or did you have to join the dots with a line of best fit? (BTW I'm not that great at science so don't laugh if I sound dumb!)
For the graph I joined the dots because that is what their line did...

Red shift isn't a theory but rather evidence that the universe is expanding.

such_such

HSC
I thought it was the expanding theory as well :S But then, since it is the official SC and not the trials, I knew it couldn't be this hard :L I don't think all schools have learned it, that's why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)