General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Yuan99

HSC
:jaw: hated that exam multichoice was pretty easy hopefull got 18> short answers were kind of evil but ok i suppose but those reports the structured report about cosmetics was all over the place, testing random stuff but no Q27 and Q28 were both warped ..... sigh did Q27 6 pages of waffle and a half arsed diagram of the finanacial planning cycle i think that last report will screw me ove big time since i had no idea what i was on about or how to answer the question specifically :chainsaw: hopefully the state agrees with me and the average for the reports are low....... = more scaling ? well to hell with it english advanced tomorrow still choosing between related texts

fudgieland

HSC
recommending one global marketing strategy does not essentially mean talk about only one marketing strategy.
they wanted you to display your knowledge of all the global marketing strategies
(marketing research and global branding) and then apply them to the marketing mix.
after which you are required to recommend one marketing strategy that would be best suited to the business.
or so my business teacher explained to me.
usually questions like that say.
compare and recommend
or
discuss
and recommend

Well at least what I've seen before? Don't they? =S

sigh too many things too debate on this question

m.styles

HSC
Whatever you say.

Tell me your initials, so I can look for them in the list of state rankings for business.

When I don't see them and I see my mate BW and myself AM up there... ok maybe not me, but when I see BW, we'll all have a laugh at you, businesspawn.
how do i find these state rankings, id like to know just for personal knowledge lol
i can honestly say im pretty upset with the BOS who set this paper.
a good student, who studied the entirety of the syllabus didnt get the chance to show off their knowledge. my best topic is global, not bragging but i memorised and linked with case study ever dot point, heading, definition of that topic and did not get to show this off to the markers lol.
if you didnt know any financial ratios you were fine.
pretty much if the only topics you studied were ER and Marketing you would have gotten a low band 6 in my opinion.

just a thought, my teacher said this to me- dont know if its right or wrong but in the hsc exam there supposed to examine 20% of each topic. correct me if im wrong but i fail to see how that exam tested financial and global well.
short answers were meh. i expect to see a very small standard deviation with the results from this exam

very dissapointed BOS, why couldnt you have given us a discriminative hard test?

Benskies

HSC
i did question 27, using qantas as a case study. i basically just explained their marketing strategies (4ps) for each of their different customer types: holiday travelers, business travelers and corporate customers.

then for financial planning cycle, i just explained it step by step in relation to qantas, then said that because their customers have seasonally fluctuating demand, it requires that the frequency at which the financial planning cycle is repeated must be increased.

i hope the markers go for it.

i feel alright about the test in general though, except question 1 multiple choice. lol. consumer or niche? it is obviously both, but which is more correct? i answered consumer, but now i think its probably niche.

oh well.

god bless you all.

Random_z

HSC
N/A
cosmetics what a joke....chicks had massive advantage as well as fags....preety dissapointd in that.

00iCon

HSC
What a stupid comment... They gave us stimulus.

Don't be sexist.
fucken loved it, perfect for environmental (under social) responsibility! Dumping excess chemicals in rivers etc. Perfect stimulus

Random_z

HSC
N/A
What a stupid comment... They gave us stimulus.

Don't be sexist.
ok ok ok i just uncoded ur secret talk......u were trying to say that ur quier n did really well in that section as u love make up and go on shopping sprees n often indulge in cross-dressing???

bench

HSC
i did question 27, using qantas as a case study. i basically just explained their marketing strategies (4ps) for each of their different customer types: holiday travelers, business travelers and corporate customers.

then for financial planning cycle, i just explained it step by step in relation to qantas, then said that because their customers have seasonally fluctuating demand, it requires that the frequency at which the financial planning cycle is repeated must be increased.

i hope the markers go for it.

i feel alright about the test in general though, except question 1 multiple choice. lol. consumer or niche? it is obviously both, but which is more correct? i answered consumer, but now i think its probably niche.

oh well.

god bless you all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but under the syllabus Customer Types included Individuals/Households, Firms, Govt (Public Sector), Educational Instituions, Clubs + Societies, and Religious Groups.

I was under the impression that you would have to use these to answer the question.

Eddykungfu

HSC
ok ok ok i just uncoded ur secret talk......u were trying to say that ur quier n did really well in that section as u love make up and go on shopping sprees n often indulge in cross-dressing???
lol mate im not gay, and you, my friend are a tool =]

gonna go do some essays now kthxcya.

smoOshiey

HSC
Um i know this is a stupid question - but what happens if you do the second extended response thats numbered 28 and you accidentally wrote 27 instead? :3 fail?

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
Um i know this is a stupid question - but what happens if you do the second extended response thats numbered 28 and you accidentally wrote 27 instead? :3 fail?
They'll figure it out and send it on its merry way. Its not a major issue :)

smoOshiey

HSC
Thank you :3 now i can go study for english LOL! >.<! was so upset about it :3
<3s to you :3

00iCon

HSC
I believe it may even be marked in the same building, so they don't have to worry about sending it.

chelciebeanz

HSC
Yehp agreed so stupid!
I dont know why they put up past exams! It didnt really resemble previous exams so frustrating!!
Financial ratios? analysis? nothing...

Buss plan... one Marketing startegy? what the heck?:jaw:

yeah i didnt like it spent ages memorising stuff that wasnt even touched on ... im hoping for a band four! =[

oh wel.. good luck everyone with the rest of exams!!

determine

Premium Member
HSC
yeahhh i totally stuffed it up..

i thought the extended was asking about the ratios.. so i wrote abotu that! :S

dr.nitin

HSC
The answer was actually efficiency. because by factoring you're not influencing Current assets or Current Liabilities. so it doesn't effect the liquidity ratio. It's not effecting total debt or owners' equity, so it's not solvency.
The only thing you're effecting is accounts receivable, so it's the Accounts Receivable turnover ratio. so it's expenses.

I put liquidity, but we discussed it after the exam. damn that question.
heyy yehh i thought it was efficiency because of similiar reason, and one of the past paper had a similiar question and i thought it was liquidity, and the answer came as efficiency, so thats why yesterday i just chose efficency

ezy_4_u

HSC
i did 28. i was blowing up. they didnt word it correctly, they wrote developing a marketing plan. the sylabus headings are developing marketing strategies, elements of a marketing plan.
WTF! and the bag question was like wtf is this shit

smarty01

HSC
I was hoping there was going to be easy questions in the short answers regarding ratios like state the current radio.

I thought business exam was SO HARD! I did question 27 but it was HARD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)