General Thoughts: Business Studies (2 Viewers)

roci

HSC
The moment I saw that exam paper, my balls dropped so low that I DIDNT finish my case study and extended.
Everyone hated the exam =(
let's trace back the people who created the exam, and burn their house and cars down :D

aznvdz

HSC
There is no minimum amount of pages you can write for 18+
you just need to make sure you thoroughly cover the reports and answer all parts of the question, however many pages that takes is however many pages you need to score an eighteen.

For me the multiple choice was fairly easy and a 20/20 would have been achievable if not for my silly mistake.
Short answers were mediocre while the I'm guessing the BOS were using the extended response to differentiate the marks this year.
Like many have said before me Q27 was extremely difficult and would most likely result in everyone choosing the easier option Q28.
This makes it extremely competitive as most of your responses will be compared unintentionally but the markers.
Q26 however, was fairly straight forward and I was able to achieve 10 pages for each essay.
Some points were missed although minimal due to time constraints but overall a pretty decent paper and I'm glad it was quite a challenge as you wont not expect anything less from the BOS.

dii. x

HSC
That's what I said: dilution of ownership as a disadvantage.

I said that an advantage of using ASX is that the cost of finance is delayed as dividends are not paid immediately to shareholders.

but how would there be dilution of ownership? the question asked what would be a disadv. for the bus OBTAINING finance...

pabzieee

HSC
hey guys..
i agree. i two struggled to find the sense in q. 27. i chose 28 and it was just a messy mix of the f. objectives and m. objectives and marketing plan.

what did people put for question 5 and 17??
i did so many past papers that those 2 were the only ones i had a bit of trouble with..
how many booklets did ppl do??
i did 2 for each response.. =[ good?

tC

dii. x

HSC
The moment I saw that exam paper, my balls dropped so low that I DIDNT finish my case study and extended.
Everyone hated the exam =(
let's trace back the people who created the exam, and burn their house and cars down :D
i'm with ya!

Mattofoz

HSC
! completely screwed section 4!!! 2 and a half pages because I completely forgot all of my case study info! bit disappointed that ratios were not in short answer because I studies them so hard!

aznvdz

HSC
hey guys..
i agree. i two struggled to find the sense in q. 27. i chose 28 and it was just a messy mix of the f. objectives and m. objectives and marketing plan.

what did people put for question 5 and 17??
i did so many past papers that those 2 were the only ones i had a bit of trouble with..
how many booklets did ppl do??
i did 2 for each response.. =[ good?

tC
Q5 is D.
A is Product.
B is place
C is product again.

Therefore it can only be D.

Q17 is also D.
A - is unethical as the business is trying to escape tax.
B - Does that even need explaining ?
C - Corporate raiding & asset stripping, clearly unethical.

fudgieland

HSC
greater than band 4?

I reckon people just waffled. It was straight forward
outline two social responsibilities. Outline is just like sketch really simply

i did ecological sustainability
and provision of work

then recommend one global marketing strategy
i talked about standardization across promotion, product and distribution

and explain two key influences: Like i went specific (some people talked about social/legal influences as a whole, i.e. they addressed population shifts, work practices all of which are varieties of social influences)
I talked about different work attitudes overseas
and how there would be different legal compliance across OHS, minimum labour standards etc

plus i write relatively small

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
That's what I said: dilution of ownership as a disadvantage.

I said that an advantage of using ASX is that the cost of finance is delayed as dividends are not paid immediately to shareholders.

Is this right?

For the marketing strategy in question 26 I talked about using global branding with differentiation (different products for different market segments).
Dilution of ownership does not occur if you sell shares on the ASX because owners presumably still have the controlling stake. In fact it is an advantage in that funds are raised without shareholders contribution to the decision making process, specific to operations.

Although they still vote for the executive/board.

aznvdz

HSC
greater than band 4?
recommending one global marketing strategy does not essentially mean talk about only one marketing strategy.
they wanted you to display your knowledge of all the global marketing strategies
(marketing research and global branding) and then apply them to the marketing mix.
after which you are required to recommend one marketing strategy that would be best suited to the business.
or so my business teacher explained to me.

Eddykungfu

HSC
greater than band 4?

I reckon people just waffled. It was straight forward
outline two social responsibilities. Outline is just like sketch really simply

i did ecological sustainability
and provision of work

and explain two key influences: Like i went specific (some people talked about social/legal influences as a whole, i.e. they addressed population shifts, work practices all of which are varieties of social influences)
I talked about different work attitudes overseas
and how there would be different legal compliance across OHS, minimum labour standards etc

uhhhh Firstly,

The question was "Recommend ONE global marketing strategy that Dalin X could use to achieve differentiation of its stores in Asia. Standardisation is the exact opposite :/...

In the Stimulus it said the buiness objectives for 2010-2012 were:
- Implement sociallyr esponsible business practices
- Achieve an appropriate level of differentiation of its stores in asia
- Maintain superior Employment relaitons in Australia .

If you talked about different work attitudes overseas, not really relating to stimulus -.-.

fudgieland

HSC
yea differentiate from its stores in asia

an australian product, in an overseas country is already "different" in comparison to local competition. It's like Ben Sherman in Australia

it clothing maintains a british image in australia
It maintains that standard image, but it automatically creates that differentiated image in the Australian market as its different

follow?

but yeah guess i stuffed up the employment relations bit

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Dilution of ownership does not occur if you sell shares on the ASX because owners presumably still have the controlling stake. In fact it is an advantage in that funds are raised without shareholders contribution to the decision making process, specific to operations.

Although they still vote for the executive/board.
Ah yes, I see. My bad.
I incorrectly interpreted the shareholders ability to vote as them having some control over business activities.

Eddykungfu

HSC
yea differentiate from its stores in asia

an australian product, in an overseas country is already "different" in comparison to local competition. It's like Ben Sherman in Australia

it clothing maintains a british image in australia
It maintains that standard image, but it automatically creates that differentiated image in the Australian market as its different

follow?

but yeah guess i stuffed up the employment relations bit
Fair enough, I think if you can evaluate on yourself you can see pretty much anything (so long as it is related).

I talked firstly about research of a market, to enable the business to differentiate its products, since clothing in Australia is very different cosmetics in asia (some religions do not allow followers to reveal particular parts).

I dno, I just kinda expanded on that :S.

Ohwell.

Last edited:

InIt/4o34

HSC
ok so multiple choice was ok,
short answers really pissed me off, esp. the green bag one and ASX
got a memory blank for the debt financing question but hopefully went well

OHHHH n dont start me on the extended responses.
i was so pumped when i went in the examination thinking "yea the last question always revolves around global" n then got a shock went i saw them.
Q26 was ok, think i went well, screwed up on my social responsibilties bit but oh well,
but Q27 was just pathetic n stupid

EXPECT FOR THE UNEXPECTED!!!!! :mad:

Shak33l

HSC
I don't remember really what was in the exam
or what i did
i dont really like to think about that
buuutt
i did take the notes that i took to read b4 the exam
and i burnt them :) FUCK YEAH lol
mmm my hands smell like burnt paper
that is the smell of FREEDOM lol

Eddykungfu

HSC
nah it was, I typed it wrong sorry :p.

But yeah, like Japan the cosmetic market is really unstable lol.

meh i think we both right

xx.mel91

HSC
q27 omg... failed..
did anyone think it was werid they didn't ask us any finaicial ratios in the short answers?
yeaaa i finally got them memorized and what only 2 multiple choice on them :(

i thought multiple choice was easy.... short answer were okay... business report was pretty bad honestly didnt know much.. question 28 was pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)