General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

AlexJB

Unmotivated
HSC
MY OPINION

- worst business studies paper ....EVER
- the questions were very vague & ambiguous
- i was surprised there weren't any short answers on the financial ratios (thank god)
- NO GLOBALISATION Q FOR EXTENDED RESPONSE. WTF ???:mad::mad::mad::mad:
You could have incorporated globalisation in to Q26.

Lucause

HSC
for asx funding, i did its an advantage that you only have to pay back if your making profit (dividends) and a disadvantage is that you lose a little control of your business..

thoughts??
mind blank for a better advantage

terminator69

HSC
for asx funding, i did its an advantage that you only have to pay back if your making profit (dividends) and a disadvantage is that you lose a little control of your business..

thoughts??
Not really an advantage because you if aren't making profits for long enough, the company is liquidated and whatever money can be retrieved from selling of assets is divided amongst shareholders?

xx.kelly.xx

Awesome Member
HSC
Re: Business Studies.. How do ya think you went?

also where do they get there supervisors from? really. i could barely see ones face because of how high her pants were xD xD lol

tell me about it... mine were all really old and decided to have a very loud conversation at the back of the room for half the exam!
i think they were trying to whisper but they were like 90 so they prob couldnt hear eachother.

Last edited:

AlexJB

Unmotivated
HSC

thoughts??
Advantage is you don't have to pay additional costs (i.e. interests), and also aids solvency.

Although I didn't do this, I was wondering if you could get away with:
Adv-do not lose control over business.
Dis-lose some control.

Thoughts?

Lucause

HSC
Not really an advantage because you if aren't making profits for long enough, the company is liquidated and whatever money can be retrieved from selling of assets is divided amongst shareholders?
im saying compared to say.. a term loan, you have to pay regular fixed amounts, where an advantage of asx is that you only have to pay back the money when your making a profit (providing you do make a profit but thats a bit beside the point)

JexL

HSC
answer for multiple choice

CDBD DBABC AADC ABA DBCC

was a strange test in certain areas

student22

HSC
:jaw: OMG!... HAHA nah i was actually pretty happy with it.

Except everytime i come out of an exam confident i usually go bad ... i loved question 27 I hasd so much case study on marketing and shit like that... Wooooo!! ME sO Happy!!.. (until the results arrvive)

:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

perfected

HSC
The answer was actually efficiency. because by factoring you're not influencing Current assets or Current Liabilities. so it doesn't effect the liquidity ratio. It's not effecting total debt or owners' equity, so it's not solvency.
The only thing you're effecting is accounts receivable, so it's the Accounts Receivable turnover ratio. so it's expenses.

I put liquidity, but we discussed it after the exam. damn that question.
I reckon its solvency because u are paying ur debts (the creditors) its not liquidity because u spent the cash away. hopes it helps.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I said the disadvantage would be: loss ownership since you are issuing shares to public, therefore you have less control, and they have voting right......is that a disadvantage?
That's what I said: dilution of ownership as a disadvantage.

I said that an advantage of using ASX is that the cost of finance is delayed as dividends are not paid immediately to shareholders.

Is this right?

For the marketing strategy in question 26 I talked about using global branding with differentiation (different products for different market segments).

fudgieland

HSC
I managed to do section III in 4 and a half pages?
I really can't see why you would need a whole booklet for it?

Eddykungfu

HSC
I managed to do section III in 4 and a half pages?
I really can't see why you would need a whole booklet for it?
It is all about personal preference..

Some of us wish to get a mark greater than Band 4, others don't.

JexL

HSC
haha the source is just myself and my friends those mc questions werent hard.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Okay exam.
I wrote 11 pages for report and 9 pages for the essay. It wasn't the best exam though - could have improved my case studies response little bit for Financial objectives.

Hopefully I pull off 97+

brettlover

HSC
It's spelt 'breeches' or 'britches' , not 'bridges'.
Never in my life, have I witnessed such arrogance, calling people "neanderthals" and correcting their english, incorrectly.

I'd like to remind you, that you have no right to criticize others, because you picked the same subject as they did. What othe subjects are you doing; I'd love to know. Also, are you "englishking" too, because I want to hear your views tomorrow.

Ps. can someone PLEASEEE post the paper! I wanna see :)

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Wow people wrote heaps!!!!

whats like the minimum number of pages for 18+ out of 20 for the extended responses?? I wrote 7 each.

bmn

HSC
Wow people wrote heaps!!!!

whats like the minimum number of pages for 18+ out of 20 for the extended responses?? I wrote 7 each.
3-4 would be the minimum, with small handwriting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)