Chemistry or Economics? (1 Viewer)

Jaylee42003

HSC
chemistry chemistry chemistry chemistry chemistry chemistry.

A solid grounding and understanding of the core science is gives you a huge advantage, and opens up a vast range of exciting career opportunities. Plus it's just fun.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
just because you are shit at chemistry ......
oh wait.

*shakes fist at duckcowhybrid*
Mate, my 87 in Chem is my worst mark, but I'm 90/150, so there are 60 people ranked below me. I'm not shit. Oh and yeah this is at James Ruse. Also Chem is not fun, I did my maths homework in it today because i was so damn bored. Double theory lessons are torture.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Mate, my 87 in Chem is my worst mark, but I'm 90/150, so there are 60 people ranked below me. I'm not shit. Oh and yeah this is at James Ruse. Also Chem is not fun, I did my maths homework in it today because i was so damn bored. Double theory lessons are torture.
woah woah, take it easy, i know you are not shit at chem, after all you did state that in your previous post. hence the "oh wait" and the *shaking fist* because i had nothing else to say.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
My point is doing both subjects and being shit at neither, I can state with more conviction than a lot of others who only do 1 or the other that

1. Neither is particularly hard.
2. Both scale pretty well and scale equally at around 88+(Eco starts winning above 90)
3. Depending on your inclination you may find either Chem or Eco the most boring piece of shit ever. From my personal experience it's Chem thats the shit one, but more scientifically inclined people (i.e. people with 0 general knowledge and no understanding of the real world) may think Eco.
4. Chem pracs ARE NOT FUN. Neither are Eco periods taking notes but at least the subject content is more interesting than Water. OOH GEE WATER IS POLAR AND HAS HYDROGEN BONDING SO POLAR SHIT DISSOLVES IN IT AND SO DOES SHIT WITH OH GROUPS. Compare that to Derivatives are random crap nobody understands. If you understand it, you can trick people into thinking you're clever and swindle them of big bucks. Also the maths in Eco is hilarious. You get lots of marks for doing General Maths operations.

So why did you shake your fist?

FTW

HSC
Thanks for all you suggestions people but it doesn't look like I am going to get either. There is not enough people for a Economics class at the moment, and Chemistry and Geography are on the same line. I am trying to get Chemistry moved but it doesn't look like anything will happen:cry:

I guess I will have to pick out of Drama and Business Studies :burn:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
you haven't done the hsc course, where a lot of pracs ARE fun. stop being presumptuous and arrogant.

at the end of the day, you need to choose what interests you most. picking a subject based on some random's opinion from bos isn't going to cut it. i reckon chem is better, as it opens more doors for science courses, as its assumed knowledge for several science/engineering based courses or it is recommended. eco, imo, can be picked up fairly quickly based on what I've read of the textbook, and is nothing like uni eco from what i've heard.
If we did bucket chem pracs, I'd love chem. Wussy 10ml of peroxide can get fucked. At the end of the day you can do a bridging course for either if you dont get them now, but it doesnt really matter. Also lmao not enough for an Eco class. Subjects should run regardless of interest if there are students to take the subject. We only have 4 kids doing PE and 5 kids doing Geo but there's still classes for them.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Thanks for all you suggestions people but it doesn't look like I am going to get either. There is not enough people for a Economics class at the moment, and Chemistry and Geography are on the same line. I am trying to get Chemistry moved but it doesn't look like anything will happen:cry:

I guess I will have to pick out of Drama and Business Studies :burn:
Drop Geography and do Chemistry! ^_^"
If you're not willing to do that...

Do Business Studies.

FTW

HSC
Drop Geography and do Chemistry! ^_^"
If you're not willing to do that...

Do Business Studies.
Yeh I'm not prepared to do that :tongue: I love Geography, and I usually get good marks in it, whereas I think I would be worse at Chemistry than Geography

xMaFF

HSC
My point is doing both subjects and being shit at neither, I can state with more conviction than a lot of others who only do 1 or the other that

1. Neither is particularly hard.
2. Both scale pretty well and scale equally at around 88+(Eco starts winning above 90)
3. Depending on your inclination you may find either Chem or Eco the most boring piece of shit ever. From my personal experience it's Chem thats the shit one, but more scientifically inclined people (i.e. people with 0 general knowledge and no understanding of the real world) may think Eco.
4. Chem pracs ARE NOT FUN. Neither are Eco periods taking notes but at least the subject content is more interesting than Water. OOH GEE WATER IS POLAR AND HAS HYDROGEN BONDING SO POLAR SHIT DISSOLVES IN IT AND SO DOES SHIT WITH OH GROUPS. Compare that to Derivatives are random crap nobody understands. If you understand it, you can trick people into thinking you're clever and swindle them of big bucks. Also the maths in Eco is hilarious. You get lots of marks for doing General Maths operations.

So why did you shake your fist?

"The most boring piece of poop evaar." xD xD
Hehehe. Anyways~

Why not do both? I'm also in year 10, choosing my subjects.
They both scale very well and I think they're quite interesting.
I'm trying to keep my opportunities open for Uni later on; B. Commerce / Science

Take both :)
Good luck.

Nadiaa

HSC
I do both.. Economics all the way!
chemistry is dry and boring, its either that, or its just me.
For me Eco makes more sense, lol dont think you get what i mean.
but at the end of it, its your choice..
Just figure out what will do you do best in, and choose from there.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Do Economics.

And people - stop talking about scaling. It's fucking stupid.
If a subject is easier then you are more likely to do well in it.
If a subject is difficult, you are more likely to fail.
So it all works out.
Don't concern yourself with scaling.

Schoey93

HSC
You are wrong XD

Scales better than bio which most people don't even count as a science but less than chem and physics. It is however, the highest overall scaling social science (modern scales higher in the band 6 region).
Since when is Biology not counted as a science? It is a science, and a very interesting science at that. What could have more relevance than the biological world around us? Are you saying people don't count HSC Biology as a science, or are you saying general Biology is not a science at all? :confused:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Since when is Biology not counted as a science? It is a science, and a very interesting science at that. What could have more relevance than the biological world around us? Are you saying people don't count HSC Biology as a science, or are you saying general Biology is not a science at all? :confused:
I'm saying that most people who do HSC bio do not believe that it is a science based course as it's all memorisation.

Actual biology is a science XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)