• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Changing schools and/or applying for another school in YR 12 (2 Viewers)

kiniki

HSC
my maths teacher is great, the sweetest women - but she has a tendency to spend more time with her 'better' students ie offers them tutoring after school and during library and this is apparently quite exclusive (available only to like, four people in my class out of 18) i had no idea until one of the boys accidently slipped it! and when i try to go to her for help, she'll be brief and point out some little mistake but spend 20 minutes on a single question with one of her darlings. i know it doesn't sound so bad, but it's truly killing me and the others in our class haha!

and St Marys is like out in Mt druitt isn't it? i live in the shire so i'm only willing to venture as far as the city :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
my maths teacher is great, the sweetest women - but she has a tendency to spend more time with her 'better' students ie offers them tutoring after school and during library and this is apparently quite exclusive (available only to like, four people in my class out of 18) i had no idea until one of the boys accidently slipped it! and when i try to go to her for help, she'll be brief and point out some little mistake but spend 20 minutes on a single question with one of her darlings. i know it doesn't sound so bad, but it's truly killing me and the others in our class haha!

and St Marys is like out in Mt druitt isn't it? i live in the shire so i'm only willing to venture as far as the city :)
wow, she's brilliant but :mad1: at the favouritism. A bit like my teacher, except that she spends the same amount of time with each student. For smart students, she's more friendly but for the not so great students, she acts more like a teacher.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
LOL.
But I'd like to point out its not all bad.

I'm friends with alot of people now - quite content really.
But I don't know, perhaps the only downside is that the notion of a best friend doesn't exist with me anymore. :haha:
It just takes time to grow and develop. :)
The thing that just pissed me off was that no one was interested in getting to know you , i only started to make proper friends that i actually went out with towards the end of year 12, nearly 2 years after i arrived. On the plus side my marks went waaaaaaaay up. Whatever the pros and cons im just bitter, i didn't enjoy year 12 at all due to the shit social life.

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
i know for a fact that it will be impossible for me to get into the top 4 ranks for atleast 5 of my subjects next year :(
but wouldn't moving to a higher ranked school with smarter kids just make it that much harder for you to get into the top 4 ranks? and if you are really that close in marks range with these other people, ranks really shouldn;t make too much of a difference..

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
It will be hard, but not if the environment of the school motivates you to thrive for success.
I don't think there's a difference between the top students of each school. At my school, we have like around 10 or so people with UAI's above 99, and at a school like Ryde, there's around the same number as well. and ryde is like 100 ~ ranks below mine.

Last edited:

speedofsound

HSC
i've heard of schools like willoughby girls high, cherrybrook tech? or are they selective. i'm just so keen to change schools, i know for a fact that it will be impossible for me to get into the top 4 ranks for atleast 5 of my subjects next year :(
willoughby ftw.

altobang

HSC
Im in year 11, can i leave school and go to a diffrent school in year 12?

Im in year 11, can i leave school and go to a diffrent school in year 12?

If so, what will be the disadvantages/negatives?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)