Changing schools and/or applying for another school in YR 12 (1 Viewer)

kiniki

HSC
so i've been reading through a few of these posts lately and it seems people are going to interviews, tests and such for new highschools in year 12. I've been keen to apply for more prestigious schools for awhile now but I never knew we had the option for yr 11 -> yr 12!

I'm thinking it's way too late, or is there still a chance i can apply to schools for yr 12?

note that i'm interested in schools with a good ranking, selective, scholarships and what not

thanks guys :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
It's too late now for selective.

but not for a good public school

I've been considering this if I don't get the subjects I want in Year 12, that is, English advanced and Maths Extension 2

kiniki

HSC
It's too late now for selective.

but not for a good public school

I've been considering this if I don't get the subjects I want in Year 12, that is, English advanced and Maths Extension 2
hmm i'm guessing all the 'good' public schools are in the city? I wish i had known about all of this earlier GRRR
but yeah, what schools were you thinking of?

and @cassie, it's year 12 so i don't really mind being socially isolated + plus all my closest friends are outside of school :)

cassieagill

HSC
hmm i'm guessing all the 'good' public schools are in the city? I wish i had known about all of this earlier GRRR

and @cassie, it's year 12 so i don't really mind being socially isolated + plus all my closest friends are outside of school :)
oh i see...your a WoW girl...lol jk, but seriously i wouldn't have been able to get this far in year twelve without the support of friends at my school...but maybe thats just me

astroe

HSC
Yeah, I agree with the social ineptness.

I moved in Year 11, Term 3.
People from my old school don't talk to me anymore, period. LOL.
Practically strangers to me now.

It was hard for me to make friends for about a month or so as well. It's hard to "get into" a group where people have known each other for years and have shared so many things together.

The first day/week no-one talked to me so I was like "K, whatever" :haha:
This just made people think I was snobbing them and made them dislike me more. LOL.
Felt so out of place, I swearrrr, haha.

So, you've been warned.

hmm i'm guessing all the 'good' public schools are in the city?
To be honest, I can't think of any non-selective school that's considered 'good', unless you jump into the private sector.

Last edited:

kiniki

HSC
oh i see...your a WoW girl...lol jk, but seriously i wouldn't have been able to get this far in year twelve without the support of friends at my school...but maybe thats just me
whats wow? i love the girls at school, and i really pity some of the more...socially inept people in my grade because yeah, friends really do pull you through. but i'm more interested in going to a well-ranked school since mine is like, ~140

kiniki

HSC
To be honest, I can't think of any non-selective school that's considered 'good', unless you jump into the private sector.
i've heard of schools like willoughby girls high, cherrybrook tech? or are they selective. i'm just so keen to change schools, i know for a fact that it will be impossible for me to get into the top 4 ranks for atleast 5 of my subjects next year :(

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
whats wow? i love the girls at school, and i really pity some of the more...socially inept people in my grade because yeah, friends really do pull you through. but i'm more interested in going to a well-ranked school since mine is like, ~140
140 is actually pretty good. :)

dux&src

HSC
i've heard of schools like willoughby girls high, cherrybrook tech? or are they selective. i'm just so keen to change schools, i know for a fact that it will be impossible for me to get into the top 4 ranks for atleast 5 of my subjects next year :(
Dw i wanted to change schools in year 10 too.
But i think of what the school has done for me and that keeps me there. :lol:

I want to give something back by going for a leadership position. :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yeah, I agree with the social ineptness.

I moved in Year 11, Term 3.
People from my old school don't talk to me anymore, period. LOL.
Practically strangers to me now.

It was hard for me to make friends for about a month or so as well. It's hard to "get into" a group where people have known each other for years and have shared so many things together.

The first day/week no-one talked to me so I was like "K, whatever" :haha:
This just made people think I was snobbing them and made them dislike me more. LOL.
Felt so out of place, I swearrrr, haha.

So, you've been warned.

Definitely, unless you're a social butterfly changing schools in senior years is lonely as fuck, i had the exact same experience.

kiniki

HSC
duxx! reply to my email yeah :D

i guess 140 is alright, but still.. i want slightly better haha and the politics in my grade between the teachers and students is ridiculous!

astroe

HSC
Definitely, unless you're a social butterfly changing schools in senior years is lonely as fuck, i had the exact same experience.
LOL.
But I'd like to point out its not all bad.

I'm friends with alot of people now - quite content really.
But I don't know, perhaps the only downside is that the notion of a best friend doesn't exist with me anymore. :haha:
It just takes time to grow and develop. :)

dux&src

HSC
duxx! reply to my email yeah :D

i guess 140 is alright, but still.. i want slightly better haha and the politics in my grade between the teachers and students is ridiculous!
:D :D

I love my school :) that's why i'm trying out for captain. :)

Xcelz

HSC
~140 rank is good when you consider mine which is ~600

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

Any school better than mine. i.e. should be in the top 40... which I don't think there is, unless I move to some private school. :mad1:

kiniki

HSC
true. we have our speeches next week, i sorta wish i applied now (despite my reluctancy to even be there).

is there any chance of applying to a school in the top 100? or possibly >50 ?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
top 100, yes. top 50, no, unless you move to a private school.

Which schools are you planning to apply for and why?

kiniki

HSC
hmm if it's a catholic school i would try applying, but i don't think i'll bother dishing out cash for a private one.

due to some ongoing stuff in my life, i've hit a total slump in school. the teachers aren't so supportive and the favourtism that goes on with my adv, mx1 and ext 1 classes are ridiculous. the marking is so biased sometimes. so i'm hoping that a fresh start will push me and challenge me - i've been competing with the same 4 people since yr7 in terms of ranks and marks. plus our whole grade is incredibly lazy and there's only a handful of people (<10) out of 200 that are getting a decent mark in exams.

and regarding what schools - no clue seeing as i don't know which ones i can apply for at such a late date lol.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hmm if it's a catholic school i would try applying, but i don't think i'll bother dishing out cash for a private one.

due to some ongoing stuff in my life, i've hit a total slump in school. the teachers aren't so supportive and the favourtism that goes on with my adv, mx1 and ext 1 classes are ridiculous. the marking is so biased sometimes. so i'm hoping that a fresh start will push me and challenge me - i've been competing with the same 4 people since yr7 in terms of ranks and marks. plus our whole grade is incredibly lazy and there's only a handful of people (<10) out of 200 that are getting a decent mark in exams.

and regarding what schools - no clue seeing as i don't know which ones i can apply for at such a late date lol.
I think you can still apply for St Mary's Senior.
You seem to have pretty good reasons for changing schools. For one, I know that the people in my school aren't lazy but they're just too slow in understanding concepts.
Yes, I agree with the fact that competition will motivate you to excel.

I understand how favouritism in English can affect your marks, but how would favouritism affect your marks in Maths? btw, if you're coming top 5 in your school, how can teachers not like you? :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)