are you a perfectionist? (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I definitely am.

In art it's a pain in the arse.

And in english, I will labour over a take home essay for HOURS, changing my sentence structure, making sure it sounds perfect... I have no idea how I manage to pull one out in exams in 40 minutes.
I will honestly, never, ever, understand that.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Sometimes yes.

It largely depends on the subject. Although after these holidays I'm wondering if I might have lost that particular talent :haha:

Brontecat

HSC
i'm a perferctionist, but fortunately i balance it out with procrastination meaning that i can achieve the level of perfection i want, in a much shorter time frame than i would like :)

future-doctor

HSC
AAAAH YEH BIG TIME! That's why i lose time in exams, i think too much about sentence structure and all that :uhoh: Plus i take too long completing assignments and essays.

lubeet520

HSC
yeah..im a perfectionist..

like how nadal places his drink bottles?
i have a way i set everything out..i always have my pencil case pointing right..and all my pens/pencils whatever to the right..
big to small..
and im a guy :eek:

LOL thats not 'perfectionism' per se, its more an obsessive compulsive disorder you have ;)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
yeah..im a perfectionist..

like how nadal places his drink bottles?
i have a way i set everything out..i always have my pencil case pointing right..and all my pens/pencils whatever to the right..
big to small..
and im a guy :eek:
Man u have pointed sth which I also noticed about Rafa... haha.

alex09hsc

HSC
yes. everything has to be in the right place or im not happy.

alex09hsc

HSC
AAAAH YEH BIG TIME! That's why i lose time in exams, i think too much about sentence structure and all that :uhoh: Plus i take too long completing assignments and essays.
+1

all my essay paragraphs have to be the same length.

It looks good if theyre all the same size i reckon, if i was a marker id give a bonus point.

HSC
I really want to get 100% in everything however as long as u put in 100% effort u cant blame yourself. coming 1st in the class is good but.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Perfectionism is a disease that never lets you sleep well.
And I have it >_>.

I don't do "drafts". Everything has to be perfect the first time round. Every sentence has to sound nice. Every word has to be in just the right place. If it's not perfect, I can bear to hand it into marking, even if it's supposed to be just a draft. T_T"

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
During my schooling years... NO.

Now.. It depends..

I am extremely bad with English (grammar, punctuation and whatnot), so if it is a subject which I do not care about all that much, then I will not spend too long on it.

If it is a subject which I care about (these subjects usually do not involve too many words, i.e., maths + physics based) then I usually take forever.

I still remember one homework question during my undergraduate studies at UTS. Subject was Quantum Technology (i think it's name has changed now and it's not the same) there was an 'extension' question, which the lecturer said was near impossible to do... lol... It took me 2 full days, 3 A4 books of rough work and the final solution was 5 neatly written A4 pages.

When he asked about the question in class and I blurted out my answer (cant remember the expression, but it was rather long), the lecturer actually smiled! (Dr. Jurgen Schulte i think)

I had never seen him do that before, nor since.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I hate the feeling you get when you have finished your essay but don't know what you can do to improve it, but you know you have to...

I'd say, generally, yes.

twistedrebel

HSC
i m not prefectionist, all my things are so un-organised and shit lol

Geoffo11

HSC
Yes, but my procrastination counters that quite nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)