are you a perfectionist? (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hsc forums seem dead atm.

so yeah, are you a perfectionist? does it take you ages and ages to complete an assignment because you need to make it absolutely PERFECT?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^yeah, I always have trouble clicking "print" coz I'm not sure whether my work is perfect or not

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, but if it's a subject i don't care about i won't waste my talents on it :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
so yeah, are you a perfectionist?
No but I am perfect.

But seriously, yeah can't be satisfied with ANYTHING. I always have a feeling I've got something wrong which makes me really pedantic during work.

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
most definitely

i will have read my essay on the computer, print it out and while I'm studying for
it I find a tiny grammatical error and won't continue unless I re-print my work with the grammatical change

philphie

Banned
HSC
if it's hw no. if we have to write an essay i'll write a few dot points then when teacher tells me to read it i just improv.music performances, no, i'll have a couple of practises just to loosen my dexterity and to make my sight reading responsive so i don't bother to memorise pieces. at most i will remember one section and just do some variations for the rest. as for home assignments probably a perfectionist despite doing things last minute. if i find mistakes after i'll just get he pen and start scribbling, don't really care, as long as the teacher can read it.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not a perfectionist at all. A lot of the times I will just say: "fuck that".

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
^ LOLS. Im a perfectionist. I spend hours re-reading over my essays/assignments to make sure they're almost perfect... HOWEVER, it always seems that its not perfect enough. :(

speedofsound

HSC
it is very dead, although it should liven up a bit when school goes back. the threads atm are not very inspiring

suling

HSC
I am..it is so frustrating, never being happy with an assignment etc., or marks on a test. Even if I get 1st in an assessment with 98% or something I am never happy because I could have done better..

I get really shaky and feel sick whenever assignments/exams/assessments get handed back because I worry that I won't have done well enough...it is so ridiculous

wendybird

HSC
Yep, I'm definitely a perfectionist.
Yep, me too.

I didn't think I was, but then my friends pointed out to me the way I would literally spend an hour fiddling with the word order in a single sentence just because I wanted to get the expression "just right".

orthentix

HSC
I was, until I hit year 11. Yes thats right, before year 12.

Last edited:
S

Slide

there is no such thing as a perfect answer.

You need to develop a tolerance for ambiguity.

S

Slide

there is no such thing as a perfect answer.

You need to develop a tolerance for ambiguity.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I swing ... the works I like, I give them 100 % but not otherwise.

HSC
yeah..im a perfectionist..

like how nadal places his drink bottles?
i have a way i set everything out..i always have my pencil case pointing right..and all my pens/pencils whatever to the right..
big to small..
and im a guy :eek:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
yes. i think its a good thing. i aspire to perfection. anything less is an anticlimax, kind of like sex without the orgasm.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
sometimes. i'd be unbearable if it was unleashed 24/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)